B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

4 ft of space is very very very very important. Get your 4 feet of space and in busy streets with a lot of traffic take up 2 lanes if need be. I do it a lot especially on Northern Blvd, which my routes I drive go on. I can't tell u how many times I would have taken someone's car door out if I didn't have 4 feet of space lol. These knuckleheads just open their car door without checking the street behind them probably 10 times a day lol.

thanks i appreciate it is that something that can cause you to not qualify 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

today was a good at 180 pass my medical and completed the final processing im off to zerega on august 7 one step closer to the prize.there is also a next class starting on august 14

Congrats! Offhand, did you see me there? I was wearing an orange t-shirt and blue jeans...I was sitting towards the front the entire time...

Congrats! Offhand, did you see me there? I was wearing an orange t-shirt and blue jeans...I was sitting towards the front the entire time...

was it a polo tshirt because me and the 3 order guy was at the front waiting for the interview one had a polo orange t shirt not sure if that was you

Got the email for the medical. August 2nd for august 7th class

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

congrats hope to see you make it to august 7 class

was it a polo tshirt because me and the 3 order guy was at the front waiting for the interview one had a polo orange t shirt not sure if that was you

It probably was...I was the only person in the room dressed like that since most of the other open-competitive people were in either shoes, dress pants, wearing a tie, etc.

you gonna be in the august 7 class

First, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Second, I'm not going to be in the August 7th Class. Back in February of 2014, I failed the 10-day training session and I have to wait [5] years, February of 2019 to try again. The reasons why I was down there today was because I received an invitation to come down for the MTA Bus Co. Exam #7304 Part-Time position, I had off from work, and some of the people who I was talking to, who are members and guests of the site, encouraged me to go down. However, after asking the HR Representative about the 5-year rule, she said that the rule still applies, therefore I knew all of that was just going to be a waste of not only my time, but also taking off from work unnecessarily as well.

Good luck with the August 7th Class!! Keep us posted!!

First, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Second, I'm not going to be in the August 7th Class. Back in February of 2014, I failed the 10-day training session and I have to wait [5] years, February of 2019 to try again. The reasons why I was down there today was because I received an invitation to come down for the MTA Bus Co. Exam #7304 Part-Time position, I had off from work, and some of the people who I was talking to, who are members and guests of the site, encouraged me to go down. However, after asking the HR Representative about the 5-year rule, she said that the rule still applies, therefore I knew all of that was just going to be a waste of not only my time, but also taking off from work unnecessarily as well.

Good luck with the August 7th Class!! Keep us posted!!so

sorry didnt know that,thanks for all the info and help i saved those hand out you posted going over them and will keep update along the way

sorry didnt know that,thanks for all the info and help i saved those hand out you posted going over them and will keep update along the way

You're more than welcome with the help. Good luck and don't forget about the forums!!

congrats hope to see you make it to august 7 class

Thank you and I'll see you in class! What borough would u like to be in when u pass? Me I want Staten Island (where I'm from) lol

Thank you and I'll see you in class! What borough would u like to be in when u pass? Me I want Staten Island (where I'm from) lol

i live in long island now but used to live in queens so  queens would be good for me

Just started but I'm still gonna put in for that dispatcher exam. Anyone know top pay for dispatch

how is it so far and how was the training

i live in long island now but used to live in queens so queens would be good for me

for me training was somewhat intense. Everyone is different and so are the instructors. But they do want us to do and be clear of one thing. Safety! Some are easy going while hearing from others in my class very militant. Good luck. Any other questions feel free to ask.

i live in long island now but used to live in queens so  queens would be good for me

just keep in mind that whatever depot you choose in queens your there until the end of career 

on the qualifying days does it have to be perfect in order to qualify

On 7/29/2017 at 5:35 PM, mastap123 said:

on the qualifying days does it have to be perfect in order to qualify

Yes. You have to be perfect on Days 6 & 7 in order to qualify.

If not, your second chance will be on Day 9, which is a repeat of Day 5 (no highway).

If not, your third and final chance, with two Superintendents, will be on Day 10. What's nice about days 8, 9 & 10 is no pre-trip, no backing up, etc. (they will make you do bus stops). Also, from what I remember, a good 75% of the people pass on Day 9 with the different instructor. Also, there is no highway for Days 8 & 9. For Day 10, you will be going on I-95 N/B to the last exit in the Bronx and back.

Edited by +Young+
Forgot information...

What do they give us at final processing? Class information and what else? Is training a set schedule? How many days are we at zerega before they send us to a depot?

medical interview aka finial processing take oath take fingerprint and job id and pass id all the same day package with rules and regulations medical and dental papers and date and time to report to zerega

medical interview aka finial processing take oath take fingerprint and job id and pass id all the same day package with rules and regulations medical and dental papers and date and time to report to zerega

Pass ID is our metro card? Also are we responsible for the uniform or do we get an allowance for that?

Pass ID is our metro card? Also are we responsible for the uniform or do we get an allowance for that?

Yes, that is correct. During the 10-day training, you will be responsible for your own uniform with no allowance (they'll tell you what to wear at Livingston Street). After you pass the 10-day training, you will be measured for your uniform and you'll continue to wear your 'temporary' uniform until your regular one arrives in the mail.

Yes. You have to be perfect on Days 6 & 7 in order to qualify.

If not, your second chance will be on Day 9, which is a repeat of Day 5 (no highway).

If not, your third and final chance, with two Superintendents, will be on Day 10. What's nice about days 9 & 10 is no pre-trip, no backing up, etc. (they will make you do bus stops). Also, from what I remember, a good 75% of the people pass on Day 9 with the different instructor.

thanks young monday is day 5 for me I'm doing good so far just need to scan my mirrors more 

what day training are you up to and how are you doing so far

monday will be day5

Got the email for the medical. August 2nd for august 7th class

I was there last Tuesday for my drug test. Hopefully I can ge in there for the aug 7 class latest is the aug 14 class my CDL permit ends aug 30th and this is the second time I renewed so I might have to do retake the CDL test again...oh adverage how long does it take to call/email you back?