B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

I was there last Tuesday for my drug test. Hopefully I can ge in there for the aug 7 class latest is the aug 14 class my CDL permit ends aug 30th and this is the second time I renewed so I might have to do retake the CDL test again...oh adverage how long does it take to call/email you back?

bxvixen, you need to know that they will not let you in class if your permit is expired, hopefully you get into the 7 or 14 Aug class, best of luck to you

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully I can ge in there for the aug 7 class latest is the aug 14 class my CDL permit ends aug 30th and this is the second time I renewed so I might have to do retake the CDL test again...

If I was you, I would take the CDL tests again because, after your 10-day training, they are going to give you extra training in preparation for your road test...if you need help, this site might help. It did the trick for me when I initially took those tests @ DMV...

Good luck!!

If I was you, I would take the CDL tests again because, after your 10-day training, they are going to give you extra training in preparation for your road test...if you need help, this site might help. It did the trick for me when I initially took those tests @ DMV...

Good luck!!

I have my old book andI don't mind retaking the test hopefully I get an email or call back sometime this week for the medical portion. Does anyone know If I can retake it before the expiration date or do I have to wait till after the expiration date to retake?

Also does anyone know the estimated time line training would be? 7-3 or 9-5?

I have my old book andI don't mind retaking the test hopefully I get an email or call back sometime this week for the medical portion. Does anyone know If I can retake it before the expiration date or do I have to wait till after the expiration date to retake?

Also does anyone know the estimated time line training would be? 7-3 or 9-5?

To be on the safe side, I would take it before the expiration date. Also, from what I remember from 2014, Day Zero is 7-3, the other days are up to the Superintendent/instructor.

To be on the safe side, I would take it before the expiration date. Also, from what I remember from 2014, Day Zero is 7-3, the other days are up to the Superintendent/instructor.

thanks a lot young, i hope they call/email me back fast ive been waiting over 3 yrs for this....im so ready

trying to shake my nerves before next week class any advice before class this came at a good time my job been on strike for 4 months this well be life changing for me

thanks a lot young, i hope they call/email me back fast ive been waiting over 3 yrs for this....im so ready

7 - 10 Qualifying days training hours varies depending on the Supt and location you are assigned to within that week. 6-3 , 9-5 , and possible later time.

Line training is after you qualify and you're at the home depot you will be for the rest of the year. The first week is AM hours and the following will be late hours.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

trying to shake my nerves before next week class any advice before class this came at a good time my job been on strike for 4 months this well be life changing for me

Relax, Relax, Relax, this is a 4 to 1 ratio student to instructor, not like high school 30 to 1. You will get individual attention. Listen to instructor and you will get thru this with no problems. I recommend since you have time this week look over and study ALSAPS, get familiar with this and once you start and get into the buses it will all make sense to you. Don't over think things. Enjoy the process, I have 5 months this week, totally enjoying buses, good luck see you on the road, Sparrow

Relax, Relax, Relax, this is a 4 to 1 ratio student to instructor, not like high school 30 to 1. You will get individual attention. Listen to instructor and you will get thru this with no problems. I recommend since you have time this week look over and study ALSAPS, get familiar with this and once you start and get into the buses it will all make sense to you. Don't over think things. Enjoy the process, I have 5 months this week, totally enjoying buses, good luck see you on the road, Sparrow

thanks for the words of encouragement and will do

Good evening everyone.

So after a 2 months of taking care of my mom i can finally say i am able to start this process over again and i really am looking forward to this.

So maybe someone can help me. About 2 months ago i was called for my pre employment and to take my drug test. I went in did ehat i had to do and waited. I got an email in the middle of june to come down for medical. Unfortunately i was not able to make it due to family issues with my mom.so i had to decline the medical.

How do i start this process over again? I heard you can just place yourself back on the list but it still tells me i am currently on the list and an outstanding certification and it does not tell me i was removed from the list. Any idea who i would be able to contact about this issue? I don't mind reduing this process again, i just want to be able to have a chance to do it.

Thanks everyone!!

You're welcome.

Did you look at the handouts? That's my two cents...

Good evening everyone.

So after a 2 months of taking care of my mom i can finally say i am able to start this process over again and i really am looking forward to this.

So maybe someone can help me. About 2 months ago i was called for my pre employment and to take my drug test. I went in did ehat i had to do and waited. I got an email in the middle of june to come down for medical. Unfortunately i was not able to make it due to family issues with my mom.so i had to decline the medical.

How do i start this process over again? I heard you can just place yourself back on the list but it still tells me i am currently on the list and an outstanding certification and it does not tell me i was removed from the list. Any idea who i would be able to contact about this issue? I don't mind reduing this process again, i just want to be able to have a chance to do it.

Thanks everyone!!

First, I would call Livingston Street - 347-643-8229/30/31/32 to confirm that you're still on the list.

If that's the case, tell them what happened, and ask them when you can go down for another drug test.

Good luck!!

You're welcome.

Did you look at the handouts? That's my two cents...

First, I would call Livingston Street - 347-643-8229/30/31/32 to confirm that you're still on the list.

If that's the case, tell them what happened, and ask them when you can go down for another drug test.

Good luck!!

yes i save them and going over them thanks

hey guys I need your help ok here it is in November I was called in for 4600 to do drug test and medical when I got there after waiting for a couple of hours the lady at the desk checks my driver's license and says to me oh you had a suspension in oct 2014 and can't work for us till oct 2017 because you can't have a suspension within 3 years so then I was crushed and went back to my hospital job then today I call in to transit employment just to ask some questions like in october how should I reinstate my name so the guy on the phone says to me what was you denied for last time I said I had a old suspension he said go to dcas and sign yourself on asap because we don't check for suspension anymore as long as license is good in the present....I said when did you start this he said early early this year, now why wouldn't they send out letters saying this smh now I need your help to reinstate my name

hey guys I need your help ok here it is in November...

I'm going to do the same thing in early 2019, so you're not alone.

The easiest way to do this is to send an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov asking them to be restored to the list. According to this post, your name will be restored within the same week.

Once that's done I would call Livingston Street - 347-643-8229/30/31/32 and ask them when you can come in for a drug test. If you get an answering machine, hang up. Usually they call "batches" of people and when I was there last Friday, they said that the upcoming classes for B/O 4600 are full. Therefore, just be patient, your time will come.

Also, you can check your abstract via MyDMV to clarify whether your suspension is off or not. If it's still on, has it been three years since the date it was initially suspended? The reason why I'm asking is because they will run your abstract before they let you take a drug test (trust me).

If you're unsure of this answer, let me give you a scenario of mine: There are two accidents on my abstract, one is June of 2014 & the other one is January of 2015. Now last time I ran my abstract via MyDMV, which was last week, two accidents still showed up, however technically there's only "one" accident, since they only examine those accidents within three [3] years.

Got it? If not, feel free to ask...that's why we're here to begin with...

Edited by +Young+

I'm going to do the same thing in early 2019, so you're not alone.

The easiest way to do this is to send an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov asking them to be restored to the list. According to this post, your name will be restored within the same week.

Once that's done I would call Livingston Street - 347-643-8229/30/31/32 and ask them when you can come in for a drug test. If you get an answering machine, hang up. Usually they call "batches" of people and when I was there last Friday, they said that the upcoming classes for B/O 4600 are full. Therefore, just be patient, your time will come.

Also, you can check your abstract via MyDMV to clarify whether your suspension is off or not. If it's still on, has it been three years since the date it was initially suspended? The reason why I'm asking is because they will run your abstract before they let you take a drug test (trust me).

If you're unsure of this answer, let me give you a scenario of mine: There are two accidents on my abstract, one is June of 2014 & the other one is January of 2015. Now last time I ran my abstract via MyDMV, which was last week, two accidents still showed up, however technically there's only "one" accident, since they only examine those accidents within three [3] years.

Got it? If not, feel free to ask...that's why we're here to begin with...

ok but they saying I don't have to wait the 3 years now because they are saying they don't check old suspensions anymore

Usually they call "batches" of people and when I was there last Friday, they said that the upcoming classes for B/O 4600 are full. Therefore, just be patient, your time will come.

This is upsetting news so even though I went last Tuesday n did my drug test I still have to wait 30-90 days to be called again for the medical portion...well I waited this long..I can wait some more...this will give me time to do my CDL test again and hopefully I can get a oppointment for the road test so I can get that out the way...and by the time they call me back I'll be ahead of the game

wondering if some one could please help me since i feel like i am getting a complete run around from DCAS. long story short was called for 1st part of the pre-employment process (drug testing) in March but i did not have my CDL permit at that time was told to go get my permit n report back to transit. however when i called transit they told me my number was removed from the list, maybe i took too long not sure, but that i had to go back to DCAS to re-enlist my number and i did so back in June. i was told i would recieve a letter about when to report back and my number would go to the top of the list. spoke to ms. chesnut also at transit she said this could take some time. it is now august 1st and i havent heard anything. what do i do?

This is upsetting news so even though I went last Tuesday n did my drug test I still have to wait 30-90 days to be called again for the medical portion...well I waited this long..I can wait some more...this will give me time to do my CDL test again and hopefully I can get a oppointment for the road test so I can get that out the way...and by the time they call me back I'll be ahead of the game

I suggest everyone gets their cdl right away. The DMV is changing the road test which I heard will be implemented by this fall. The new road test is going to be much harder, with engine parts needing to be called out as part of the pre trip, an obstacle course you will have to navigate, as well as longer times on the regular driving part of the road test. Fail any of the 3 stages and it's a fail. They estimate a very low passing rate, especially for people taking it the first time.

wondering if some one could please help me since i feel like i am getting a complete run around from DCAS. long story short was called for 1st part of the pre-employment process (drug testing) in March but i did not have my CDL permit at that time was told to go get my permit n report back to transit. however when i called transit they told me my number was removed from the list, maybe i took too long not sure, but that i had to go back to DCAS to re-enlist my number and i did so back in June. i was told i would recieve a letter about when to report back and my number would go to the top of the list. spoke to ms. chesnut also at transit she said this could take some time. it is now august 1st and i havent heard anything. what do i do?

I was in a similar situation. 

When I got called in March 2016, I could not take the job due to personal obligations. So, in early August 2016, I reinstated. I got re-called in the beginning of October 2016 and got in the 10/31 class.

HR may have been working with a set number of candidates they already had. When that batch gets done, HR will then call DCAS and get another batch. Your list number would be towards the top of the new batch that HR will then proceed with. 

So, you have to be patient and wait. They are hiring.

I would suggest trying to get your CDL license ASAP while you wait.

I suggest everyone gets their cdl right away. The DMV is changing the road test which I heard will be implemented by this fall. The new road test is going to be much harder, with engine parts needing to be called out as part of the pre trip, an obstacle course you will have to navigate, as well as longer times on the regular driving part of the road test. Fail any of the 3 stages and it's a fail. They estimate a very low passing rate, especially for people taking it the first time.

Offhand, for those wishing to obtain their Class A CDL, this also goes for the Tractor Trailers, right?

Second, if DMV is changing their road test, then the Pre-Trip required on Days 4 & 7 of training will be harder as well, right?

main thing to get thru the 10 day training is listen to your instructor

drive slow don't be in a rush ,scan your mirrors 3-5 seconds,look out and call out anything hazardous around you ,keep your 4ft from cars parked on right and the curb,take your time when making either left are right turns

Day 6 is tomorrow for me what should I prepare for I have Superintendent C.King

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

day 6 was today for me hope you doing well this for

main thing to get thru the 10 day training is listen to your instructor

drive slow don't be in a rush ,scan your mirrors 3-5 seconds,look out and call out anything hazardous around you ,keep your 4ft from cars parked on right and the curb,take your time when making either left are right turns

day 6 was today for me hope you doing well this for

thanks appreciate the information how is your training so far