new MTA bus

yardlet6

That one is not half bad looking.... I always wonder though why they can't make these more realistic looking? Is it because they're too small or what?

Can't be because of the size because there are various die-cast models that size with extraordinary detail within them.

Daron Realtoy just put out a new MTA bus. It looks like an Orion. Die Cast Direct and the Transit Museum has them.

That's an Orion VII Next Gen. 

Admittably, that bus looks pretty realistic. It's still not accurate though, but whoever made this did a good job.

(They need to make an Orion V CNG Model already :P ).

That one is not half bad looking.... I always wonder though why they can't make these more realistic looking? Is it because they're too small or what?

On the Atlas O gauge website they are selling 1:50 tractor-trailers with very detailed work for $125.00. The bus is $20-25.

On the Atlas O gauge website they are selling 1:50 tractor-trailers with very detailed work for $125.00. The bus is $20-25.

Well that makes sense...  I'd be curious in seeing what an expensive model looks like. I'm used to buying handcrafted goods, so the workmanship would be noticeable to me almost immediately.

Well that makes sense...  I'd be curious in seeing what an expensive model looks like. I'm used to buying handcrafted goods, so the workmanship would be noticeable to me almost immediately.

There's a model bus and trolley company called St. Peterburg Models or something. Suckers sell for $200 up.

• 1 month later...

Size can't be the problem for making it look more realistic. I recently bought a 1:87 (HO) model of the VDL Citea from modelbus.nl (they're the biggest one here!) and it's well detailed and there are only a few minor things incorrect about it. It's well-built and it only cost me $33 including shipping. So either they sold it at a loss or they just have very skilled people.

Archived