Express service on the West End Line

Kexpress

Na its a short line, plus the (M) Only operates on rh

The (MTA) could reroute (M) and have it going to Bay Ridge-95 Street during rush hour with the (R). The the (MTA) could add <(D)> Additional express service and have it run express on the West End Line between 9 Avenue and Coney Island peak direction only (To Manhattan AM) and (To Coney Island PM). The <(D)> express can run on weekdays.

You have a Weekday midday West End Express. The (N). When the g.o.'s affect (N) service, Manhattan or Coney Island Bound (N)s run EXPRESS over the West End. However, on weekends, the rerouted (N) runs Local, because of the Short Turned (D)s at Bensonhurst-Bay Parkway/86 St.

You have a Weekday midday West End Express. The (N). When the g.o.'s affect (N) service, Manhattan or Coney Island Bound (N)s run EXPRESS over the West End. However, on weekends, the rerouted (N) runs Local, because of the Short Turned (D)s at Bensonhurst-Bay Parkway/86 St.

but it's just G.O,not real service thing but we do have rerouted trains running over west end line on weekdays during middays on the express tracks.

On weekdays during middays other routes get rerouted over the west end line and by running express and those other routes are (B),(F),and (Q) that have been rerouted over the west end line and running express there before. On weekends any reroute train just runs local.

West End Line short line?

Then what do you call a long line? B)

but true, i dun think west end needs peak express

it is LOL but there is no point, now if that line was to run to Pacfic street them I will say LONG ~~

If express service would have ever been justified, it would have been when Stillwell was being rebuilt, and the (W) or (D) was the only line running there, and all the people were basically funnelled that way if they didn;t want to ride a shuttle bus to the other lines (including those who may have preferred the <Q> or (B) express).

But it wasn't demanded, and apparently no need was seen

If express service would have ever been justified, it would have been when Stillwell was being rebuilt, and the (W) or (D) was the only line running there, and all the people were basically funnelled that way if they didn;t want to ride a shuttle bus to the other lines (including those who may have preferred the <Q> or (:( express).

But it wasn't demanded, and apparently no need was seen

even if it was implemented, i doubt it could hold up. i mean, it could be discontinued for low ridership.

• 3 years later...

I remember that the (W) used to run West End Express in the peak direction with the <M> on the local a long time ago. The (;) used to run West End Express with the <M> on the local too. The (N) ran West End Express with the (D) on the local when they were fixing the tracks. The (M) runs West End Express when it is going to the yard. As far as the (D), It used to run West End Express with the (M) on the local, I don't know why they took it off.

Again it was removed, because of low demand for express service on the West End Line. Jesus what is wrong with some of you people. It's like every unused track in the NYC Subway System has to be used, and that whatever subway line that was never completed should be completed. For Gods sake they were abandoned or given up for a reason, and I want people to stop asking to put express tracks at locations where there isn't one, because we are lucky to have subway service in NYC to begin with unlike Cincinatti, or Tampa.

This thread is over 3 years old...was bringing it up really necessary?

Again it was removed, because of low demand for express service on the West End Line. Jesus what is wrong with some of you people. It's like every unused track in the NYC Subway System has to be used, and that whatever subway line that was never completed should be completed. For Gods sake they were abandoned or given up for a reason, and I want people to stop asking to put express tracks at locations where there isn't one, because we are lucky to have subway service in NYC to begin with unlike Cincinatti, or Tampa.

Calm your jets kid, its really not that serious

I am sorry, but people keep bringing up, and clamoring "Express service, express service" for these last few weeks, and I am getting really irritated by this.

Kid, lemme put it simply like this...

NEVER let any treansit-related crap get to you, espically from the people on this place

(no offense to the people here, just trying to make a point)

I am sorry, but people keep bringing up, and clamoring "Express service, express service" for these last few weeks, and I am getting really irritated by this.

Yeah seriously as Fresh Pond said, if this gets you mad, then I suggest you step outside a little more.

Archived