Bronx Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

cotb16

Nope..... you're trying to pose your point as if it's his gripe.....

Again, the gripe is westchester patrons using NYC services.... This doesn't mean just any patron of the county that uses the BxM18, but any of NYC's local buses & subways as well....

The only thing I think he's exaggerating is the amt. of westchester folks that are taking BxM18's instead of the BxM4c....

(that's where I partially agree with you.... there aren't many westchester folks taking 18's like that...

However, your whole thing is that those riders (BxM4c) done migrated to taking the MNRR; which I cannot agree with completely either....)

To sum it up, You're still making this about competition.....

Actually I'm not exaggerating at all... You know ridership is not that big in North Riverdale so there aren't that many riders going to Westchester but there are some on occasion and they would be using the BxM4C under normal circumstances.

The bulk of the ridership in Riverdale is from 246th street down.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I'm not exaggerating at all... You know ridership is not that big in North Riverdale so there aren't that many riders going to Westchester but there are some on occasion and they would be using the BxM4C under normal circumstances.

The bulk of the ridership in Riverdale is from 246th street down.

Good, exactly.... There are some westchester riders that utilize the BxM18 on occasion.....

There was a reason I said "I think he's exaggerating" - And that is because it wasn't all that clear to me how many westchester folks you're saying/trying to portray take 18's..... Although you did go off about being sick of westchester folks using our (NYC's) services - Which, under the umbrella of this (side) discussion gives off the impression that a whole slew of westchester folks are taking BxM18.....

And I'm not as quick to say that some of the westchester riders that use the BxM18 would be on BxM4c's normally.... I don't see how you can so easily make that distinction.....

Ridership not being big in north Riverdale & the bulk of the ridership being south of 246th isn't being disputed....

Edited by B35 via Church

I just have to ask , why the obsession with killing the 4C? It serving its purpose, I'd just leave it alone.

Correction it used to serve its purpose now it is a giant sucker trap for people who can't do simple math.

Before with a $5.50 fare and unlimited ex bus pass it was a cheaper alternative to the metro north and with unlimited it was easy to link to other express lines and subway it was so much cheaper back then and it wasn't too slow it had good service at offpeak times it was very fast and made for an easy way to get to Staten island via transfers to X10/17& 1 and others on 5th ave at rush hour.

Sadly now it only runs at rush hour when it is mostly just stuck in traffic for $300 sitting in traffic for 30+ mins is just a waste of money. I used 4C I even spoke to many most just don't know any better its all they know. But after I broke down the math with a few I started seeing them on the train now.

Rush hr is usually workers with the fare at $7.50 with no discounts at all or unlimited cards you lose any possible links to SI and in addition x 20 round trip adds up to $300 if you have to transfer to a subway that is even worse adds to $350 commuters farther north of white plains still don't pay that much for commuting well those who don't need to transfer. Monthly MNRR and localbus/subway is still less than $350. Unless your located South of Crestwood then its much less than $300. Do the math the 4C is a shadow of its former self.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

I am simply telling the truth. Bxm4C should never have killed unlimited card pliverages the formerly lower fare made it a good alternative to the MNRR. Now it is a useless ripoff and anyone with a brain knows that.

How does a bus route, especially an express bus route kill off unlimited ride privileges? Now you're really not making any sense.

Good, exactly.... There are some westchester riders that utilize the BxM18 on occasion.....

There was a reason I said "I think he's exaggerating" - And that is because it wasn't all that clear to me how many westchester folks you're saying/trying to portray take 18's..... Although you did go off about being sick of westchester folks using our (NYC's) services - Which, under the umbrella of this (side) discussion gives off the impression that a whole slew of westchester folks are taking BxM18.....

And I'm not as quick to say that some of the westchester riders that use the BxM18 would be on BxM4c's normally.... I don't see how you can so easily make that distinction.....

Ridership not being big in north Riverdale & the bulk of the ridership being south of 246th isn't being disputed....

Because those riders all get on Downtown when they do get on, which the BxM4C no longer serves.  When you ride certain routes long enough you get a feel for who is who and so and so forth.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

How does a bus route, especially an express bus route kill off unlimited ride privileges? Now you're really not making any sense.

BXM4C doesn't take unlimited ride cards and is pure PPR and transfers from other lines are not accepted!!! It is a total rip-off.

@VG8 those are called morons.

BXM4C doesn't take unlimited ride cards and is pure PPR and transfers from other lines are not accepted!!! It is a total rip-off.

@VG8 those are called morons.

I thought it would at least take unlimited ride express card. Wow.

I thought it would at least take unlimited ride express card. Wow.

effed up isn't it that was the main reason I stopped using the 4C it was unreliable at rush to add insult to injury on top of not taking my express bus card now service cuts on top of that as if I am gonna pay $7.50 for that crap I rather pay a little more for the frequent metro north as I am no longer saving money with the 4C significantly enough to justify using it anymore. As a bus op on the 4C tells it they destroyed the ridership of the 4C and made it as unattractive as possible. It got basterdized so hard the line feels violated. Edited by qjtransitmaster

I am simply telling the truth. Bxm4C should never have killed unlimited card pliverages the formerly lower fare made it a good alternative to the MNRR. Now it is a useless ripoff and anyone with a brain knows that.

From White Plains, its $10+ rush hours to Manhattan, and its $7.50+ down in the Bronx peak hours, and the BxM4C cost $7.50 in Westchester. The BxM4C is still cheaper middays, but not by much.

By the way, the BxM4C won't have any more fare changes until the MTA express bus fare is $7.50 or around it, at least that's what Im seeing.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

From White Plains, its $10+ rush hours to Manhattan, and its $7.50+ down in the Bronx peak hours, and the BxM4C cost $7.50 in Westchester. The BxM4C is still cheaper middays, but not by much.

By the way, the BxM4C won't have any more fare changes until the MTA express bus fare is $7.50 or around it, at least that's what Im seeing.

even after fare hikes monthly metro-north with uniticket is STILL cheaper monthly pass holders don't pay the peak premium. Service middays is so limited it can not even be used round trip from nyc. I no longer save more than a few cents probably $.75 with the 4c it is no longer worth using. At peak for occasional riders the extra $ is worth it as it gets to nyc in 30 mins or less due to express trains from Scarsdale ect and unlike the 4C it won't deal with the Deegan parking lot. 3 consecutive days I attempted to use the 4C and the asinine bus op seeing the jam just rushes right into the I-87 parking lot sitting there for over 50 mins the 3rd time an hour for a line that costs so much that is a rip off I refuse to pay $7.50 to just sit in traffic. There is zero reason to use it anymore daily use is impractical due to how much the fare is round trip for 20 days =$300 MNRR is $224 to white Plains and less than $200 south of Crestwood. With rush hr only service how can an occasional user possibly use that? Only a nyc bound commuter can use it but the MNRR is now the better deal for nyc commuters. South of Crestwood even combo with metrocard is still less than $300. 4C bus op mentioned the line losing more than half it's riders.

If the 4C ever gets eliminated, revive the BxM4 extension plan to Yonkers Raceway

LOL as if folks would go for that. last I checked W7 links to MNRR but then you can send the Bxm11 to yonkers raceway via woodlawn on select trips as the BXM11 as it is way faster than the Bxm4.

I think it should go there regardless.....

you have a point somewhat hehe. There is a more direct way to send express buses to yonkers raceway actually 2 ways to be exact one via extension the other via reroute of select runs.

LOL as if folks would go for that. last I checked W7 links to MNRR but then you can send the Bxm11 to yonkers raceway via woodlawn on select trips as the BXM11 as it is way faster than the Bxm4.

BxM11 doesn't need to go to Yonkers Raceway. If that route had any extension it would start at Downtown Mount Vernon and run on W 1st Street into the Bronx and run straight on White Plains Road Northbound.

BxM11 doesn't need to go to Yonkers Raceway. If that route had any extension it would start at Downtown Mount Vernon and run on W 1st Street into the Bronx and run straight on White Plains Road Northbound.

nobody would take it to mount vernon dude barely anybody use it past 233rd as it is. No matter how you look at it sending any Bxm bus to anywhere in westchester county is moronic as people won't use em to go there it is just too impractical and slow too many stops and the fact they focus on BRONX to manhattan patrons westchester residents can't be bothered with that. Bxm4 is a :deadhorse:  get that through your head. Bxm11 can do it with select runs and it would be much faster than the bxm4 as if rerouted to katonah it can use mclean for yonkers raceway bxm4 is bogged down with the concourse too slow and indirect just more milage.

Bxm3 only goes to yonkers to shorten it's DH and that's it it barely carries anyone in yonkers.

BXM11 to mt vernon you can't be serious that is a very bad joke most going to mt vernon will ALWAYS USE MNRR no matter what. If bxm11 is weak in wakefield what makes you think mt vernon would do better here is the kicker those who want mt vernon can just use W42 from 233rd done. That is wasted milage on the bxm11. yonkers raceway to woodlawn would cut down on bxm11's DH and serve the core ridership quicker due to more direct travel path

So is this another way for you to just get rid of the BxM4. And if no one is gonna take the BxM11 to Mount Vernon, makes make you think BxM11's should go to Yonkers Raceway. Last time I checked the BxM4 needs the ridership more than the BxM11. If you're gonna talk about eliminating it (because it does serve a grand service area) you're not helping. Yet you have an idea to possibly boost ridership and you still don't agree with it. The BxM4 takes the more direct path and it makes less stops than the BxM11 (per trip), so its better for the BxM4 to be extended.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

nobody would take it to mount vernon dude barely anybody use it past 233rd as it is. No matter how you look at it sending any Bxm bus to anywhere in westchester county is moronic as people won't use em to go there it is just too impractical and slow too many stops and the fact they focus on BRONX to manhattan patrons westchester residents can't be bothered with that. Bxm4 is a :deadhorse:  get that through your head. Bxm11 can do it with select runs and it would be much faster than the bxm4 as if rerouted to katonah it can use mclean for yonkers raceway bxm4 is bogged down with the concourse too slow and indirect just more milage.

Bxm3 only goes to yonkers to shorten it's DH and that's it it barely carries anyone in yonkers.

BXM11 to mt vernon you can't be serious that is a very bad joke most going to mt vernon will ALWAYS USE MNRR no matter what. If bxm11 is weak in wakefield what makes you think mt vernon would do better here is the kicker those who want mt vernon can just use W42 from 233rd done. That is wasted milage on the bxm11. yonkers raceway to woodlawn would cut down on bxm11's DH and serve the core ridership quicker due to more direct travel path

He wasn't saying that the BxM11 SHOULD go to Mt. Vernon... He was saying IF the BxM11 were to get to extended, it's more LIKELY that it would get sent to Mt. Vernon BEFORE it would get sent to Yonkers Raceway..... The BxM4 is geographically closer to Yonkers Raceway than the BxM11 is to it..... That's the point that obviously went way over your head......

Nonetheless, yet & still more double talking out of you again....

First it's: "....but then you can send the Bxm11 to yonkers raceway via woodlawn on select trips as the BXM11 as it is way faster than the Bxm4."

Then it's: "No matter how you look at it sending any Bxm bus to anywhere in westchester county is moronic as people won't use em to go there it is just too impractical and slow too many stops and the fact they focus on BRONX to manhattan patrons westchester residents can't be bothered with that"

It's not moronic to send the BxM11 to Yonkers Raceway, but sending any other BxM bus anywhere in westchester is moronic... Yeah right.... Yonkers Raceway is in westchester county, genius.....  So "no matter how YOU look at it:, using your simple ass logic - YOUR suggestion of having some BxM11's run to Yonkers Raceway is also moronic.....

No, what it is, is that it all of a sudden, sending some other BxM to Westchester became moronic when GreatOne disagreed with you that the damn BxM11 be sent to Yonkers Raceway instead of the BxM4....

.....and how the f*** are you gonna argue wasted mileage on sending BxM11's to Mt. Vernon (again, which nobody actually suggested) & not argue wasted mileage on extending some BxM11's to Yonkers Raceway (which YOU actually suggested).....

Again, You just want to get rid of the BxM4 because it doesn't have a "highway segment"....

Nobody's buying your bullshit, dude.....

So is this another way for you to just get rid of the BxM4.

And if no one is gonna take the BxM11 to Mount Vernon, makes make you think BxM11's should go to Yonkers Raceway. Last time I checked the BxM4 needs the ridership more than the BxM11. If you're gonna talk about eliminating it (because it does serve a grand service area) you're not helping. Yet you have an idea to possibly boost ridership and you still don't agree with it. The BxM4 takes the more direct path and it makes less stops than the BxM11 (per trip), so its better for the BxM4 to be extended.

That's all it is, and he's been on this crusade to do so w/ that particular route for months now....

Again, You just want to get rid of the BxM4 because it doesn't have a "highway segment"....

That's all it is, and he's been on this crusade to do so w/ that particular route for months now....

Jeez, he should discontinue the QM3 because westbound buses have no highway segment, and the QM4,5,6, and X63-8 (oh wait, those areas have LIRR sans the QM4-6, which has the Main Line to buses do fast connections and multiple connections to other bus lines.

BxM4 is closer (and more direct) to Yonkers Raceway than BxM11 and service on the BxM4 will not need to be split up, or take longer detours from its regular route (not deadhead) like the BxM11 would. Get that through your head. If according to you "sending any Bxm bus to anywhere in westchester county is moronic as people won't use em to go there" than you have just admitted that your BxM11 to Yonkers proposal is moronic (which it really is). Even bringing back the BxM4 super express (if needed) would be better than the BxM11 going to Woodlawn/Yonkers. Why send only SOME BxM11 buses to Yonkers when you can send ALL of the BxM4 buses (which have much more room for extra riders). The BxM11 also serves the Bronx Zoo so it already has a reason for some people to use it reverse peak, the BxM4 currently has little to no reason for tourists/visitors to use the line reverse peak (unless some people use it to/from Yankee Stadium).

So is this another way for you to just get rid of the BxM4. And if no one is gonna take the BxM11 to Mount Vernon, makes make you think BxM11's should go to Yonkers Raceway. Last time I checked the BxM4 needs the ridership more than the BxM11. If you're gonna talk about eliminating it (because it does serve a grand service area) you're not helping. Yet you have an idea to possibly boost ridership and you still don't agree with it. The BxM4 takes the more direct path and it makes less stops than the BxM11 (per trip), so its better for the BxM4 to be extended.

nope Bxm4 is too slow so forget subjecting riders to that just let woodlawn folks get the faster bxm11

Jeez, he should discontinue the QM3 because westbound buses have no highway segment, and the QM4,5,6, and X63-8 (oh wait, those areas have LIRR sans the QM4-6, which has the Main Line to buses do fast connections and multiple connections to other bus lines.

err QM3 drivers can do LIE if they want but UNLIKE BXM4 QM3 does not make stops on northern blvd till flushing rendering your argument utter BS nice try. Some QM5s in the evening do use the LIE to main street then union tpk nice try. Moron even the X63 and  x68 have more riders than the bxm4.

He wasn't saying that the BxM11 SHOULD go to Mt. Vernon... He was saying IF the BxM11 were to get to extended, it's more LIKELY that it would get sent to Mt. Vernon BEFORE it would get sent to Yonkers Raceway..... The BxM4 is geographically closer to Yonkers Raceway than the BxM11 is to it..... That's the point that obviously went way over your head......

Nonetheless, yet & still more double talking out of you again....

First it's: "....but then you can send the Bxm11 to yonkers raceway via woodlawn on select trips as the BXM11 as it is way faster than the Bxm4."

Then it's: "No matter how you look at it sending any Bxm bus to anywhere in westchester county is moronic as people won't use em to go there it is just too impractical and slow too many stops and the fact they focus on BRONX to manhattan patrons westchester residents can't be bothered with that"

It's not moronic to send the BxM11 to Yonkers Raceway, but sending any other BxM bus anywhere in westchester is moronic... Yeah right.... Yonkers Raceway is in westchester county, genius.....  So "no matter how YOU look at it:, using your simple ass logic - YOUR suggestion of having some BxM11's run to Yonkers Raceway is also moronic.....

No, what it is, is that it all of a sudden, sending some other BxM to Westchester became moronic when GreatOne disagreed with you that the damn BxM11 be sent to Yonkers Raceway instead of the BxM4....

.....and how the f*** are you gonna argue wasted mileage on sending BxM11's to Mt. Vernon (again, which nobody actually suggested) & not argue wasted mileage on extending some BxM11's to Yonkers Raceway (which YOU actually suggested).....

BxM4 is closer (and more direct) to Yonkers Raceway than BxM11 and service on the BxM4 will not need to be split up, or take longer detours from its regular route (not deadhead) like the BxM11 would. Get that through your head. If according to you "sending any Bxm bus to anywhere in westchester county is moronic as people won't use em to go there" than you have just admitted that your BxM11 to Yonkers proposal is moronic (which it really is). Even bringing back the BxM4 super express (if needed) would be better than the BxM11 going to Woodlawn/Yonkers. Why send only SOME BxM11 buses to Yonkers when you can send ALL of the BxM4 buses (which have much more room for extra riders). The BxM11 also serves the Bronx Zoo so it already has a reason for some people to use it reverse peak, the BxM4 currently has little to no reason for tourists/visitors to use the line reverse peak (unless some people use it to/from Yankee Stadium).

I think Bxm4s should become rush hour only to suit ridership numbers then convert most trips to super express or faster by direct to brainbridge via bronx river parkway then allerton to make the line more direct. Even sending it to wall street would make it more usable suggested by someone else here yankeespwnmets I think. There is a reason why I suggested Bxm11 select runs meaning limited trips.

underlined : Want to know why cause those some BXM11 trips are still more than all Bxm4 trips the demand for that much trips there is not there.At rush hr every other bxm11 is more frequent than every 30 mins and at off-peak bxm4 doesn't need so much service anyway hourly bxm11 trips should be sufficient bxm11 offpeak is every 30 mins actually.

Color you only proved my point if Bxm4C can't attract riders with a direct service what makes you think the slower bxm4 would do any better?

It has little to no reason for people to use at all however the concourse can be used for skipping bruckner traffic to an extent but that is rare but it does happen. For the record I was against the service reduction on the 4C and the fare hike it did more harm than good and severely pissed many people off well people who are good at math that is.