MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must have no pending tickets whatsoever to be appointed. If a ticket is older than three years then you should be fine. You can be appointed with 4 or less points. My best suggestion is if they call you just pay the ticket and show proof that it’s taken care of. 

Another suggestion is for you to run your abstract yourself to see what's on and what's not on there. If you live in New York, click here for more information.

Keep in mind that they go back three years, therefore they'll look at everything from March 10th, 2016 to today (March 10th, 2019).

14 hours ago, Felcel said:

Hey @Baron did they also do the medical exam today? I'm scheduled to go tomorrow but dont know what to expect.

Just another drug test, we also had to fill out another application. I took my medical the ending of January, i would assume Baron took his as well, I’m not sure when tho.

22 hours ago, Felcel said:

Hey @Baron did they also do the medical exam today? I'm scheduled to go tomorrow but dont know what to expect.

My apologies for being late, however if you check out the following posts from the Track Worker 3600 thread, it should be self-explanatory:

293, 307, 591, 606, 1175, 1220, 1241, 1269, 1541 & 1922.

Now some of you might be asking "What? This is for a Track Worker position, not a Bus Operator position!"

My response are two comments:

First, this is the only thing I found on the Forums that go into detail regarding the medical/physical.

Second, for those who already went through this, I believe 95% of what they do for Track Workers is what they do for any safety-sensitive position, including Bus Operators.

Today was the second time I got turnt down!! This time because theres an accident that was reported in August of last year!! They told me to go back this coming August. Going through all of this is very discouraging and making me not want the position anymore. Is this position even that rewarding?? I would only be doing it for the pension and benefits because I would be taking a huge pay cut. 

1 hour ago, Felcel said:

Today was the second time I got turnt down!! This time because theres an accident that was reported in August of last year!! They told me to go back this coming August. Going through all of this is very discouraging and making me not want the position anymore. Is this position even that rewarding?? I would only be doing it for the pension and benefits because I would be taking a huge pay cut. 

Yea it is very discouraging. Especially when I’m up to my third drug test and did my medical to be told that there was a hiring freeze. My medical didn’t expire but the process is very annoying. Most people only do it for the pension and benefits. It’s rewarding if your current job doesn’t offer any of the above, and if you get paid less 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 12:36 PM, FerdC234 said:

How is everyone feeling after the first week of training? I can say for myself that i enjoy it but I also came home like twice stressed out 😂😂

Everything is going well. Day 7, what depot are you training in?