MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 10:09 AM, Headlights 0215 said:

does anyone know what happens if you get a ticket during training?

Nothing as long as your license isn’t suspended or revoke because of say ticket. Your already in! Just get into the habit of informing the Agency before they find out. That way it doesn’t look like your hiding anything. BECAUSE they will find out best believe they’ll find out! Best of luck to you! 

Sidenote: Protect your license i’m going to tell you like they told me “the only reason you’re here right now is because of your license without that MTA will send you packing” So my advice to you protect it! 

Hey guys, can anyone help? i went for full body medical/drug test on 10/05/2018. i was told i would get a call/email about final processing after the results of the drug test come back. im clean im not worried about that. but its now 10/22/2018 and ive yet to receive a call/email about final processing and i was told that training begins 10/29/2018. how long does it usually take to get a call back for final processing?

3 hours ago, kaynyce91 said:

Hey guys, can anyone help? i went for full body medical/drug test on 10/05/2018. i was told i would get a call/email about final processing after the results of the drug test come back. im clean im not worried about that. but its now 10/22/2018 and ive yet to receive a call/email about final processing and i was told that training begins 10/29/2018. how long does it usually take to get a call back for final processing?

Call them tomorrow or go there in person and see what's up. If you're scheduled to start on 10/29, then you should be finishing up, if not done with final processing.

@SevenEleven i called 180 livingston today and i was looking to speak to Juanita Chestnut but i got someone else in HR. i explained my situation to him and he was telling me that there is a possibility that something needs to be reviewed. i was cleared by medical that day and i passed my drug test. i cant think of anything else that needs to be reviewed. My driving record is clean. I've never worked for MTA before. Maybe perhaps there is no opening for me in the 10/29 class, maybe that's why i haven't gotten a call for final processing? From my understanding you don't get a call for final processing unless there's a opening for you in the next class.

Question about General Pick & Vacation , I go for General Pick in December and I have some questions.  If a Staten island Depot is available can I pick out to there if im OA or is that only for TA? Also is this the time to put in for vacation for next year? how and when will you know if you get approved? Is it recommended to pick out of your depot if your still on probation? 

29 minutes ago, futureMTA05 said:

Question about General Pick & Vacation , I go for General Pick in December and I have some questions.  If a Staten island Depot is available can I pick out to there if im OA or is that only for TA? Also is this the time to put in for vacation for next year? how and when will you know if you get approved? Is it recommended to pick out of your depot if your still on probation? 

OA Operators are only allowed to pick within Manhattan, Bronx and Respective TA Depot in Brooklyn. 

For vacation pick, you will be giving a time and date to pick your vacation days, but if you’re still in probation you may be eligible for a certain days like (2 - 4) days of vacation availability. You should ask your  Chairman/Vice union for more information.

Picking out of a depot while still in probation is a choice. Always make a wise move that will benefit you. When I was in Probation I had the chance to pick out and headed to where I wanted to go. Nothing changes as far your status but just a different environment and staff. 

@futureMTA05 How many months do you have on? You will accrue a vacation day for every month that you have worked. If you have at least 5 days, you will be able to pick a week. 1-4 will just become vacation days, and anything between 6-10 will be 1 week + the difference in days. (With 10 obv. being 2 weeks) When you pick your vacation week(s), it will be guaranteed to you. If you just have vacation days, you will have to put them in the book and unless you know that you're in quota from jump, you won't know if you got the day till the day before.

As for picking to a new depot, it depends. It's the same job at any depot. It's all what you want to do. Pick a depot that's closer to home, deal with different lines or just stay where you're at, so you don't have to learn new lines, etc. I encourage everyone to stay where they started and finish up probation before moving around unless they have a pressing issue.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:31 PM, SevenEleven said:

@futureMTA05 How many months do you have on? You will accrue a vacation day for every month that you have worked. If you have at least 5 days, you will be able to pick a week. 1-4 will just become vacation days, and anything between 6-10 will be 1 week + the difference in days. (With 10 obv. being 2 weeks) When you pick your vacation week(s), it will be guaranteed to you. If you just have vacation days, you will have to put them in the book and unless you know that you're in quota from jump, you won't know if you got the day till the day before.

As for picking to a new depot, it depends. It's the same job at any depot. It's all what you want to do. Pick a depot that's closer to home, deal with different lines or just stay where you're at, so you don't have to learn new lines, etc. I encourage everyone to stay where they started and finish up probation before moving around unless they have a pressing issue.

I have 4 months on the job with 3 Ava's and 16 hours OTO

Thanks for the info about picking into another depot, i also feel it makes sense to stay where you started until you finish up on Probation

1 hour ago, futureMTA05 said:

I have 4 months on the job with 3 Ava's and 16 hours OTO

Thanks for the info about picking into another depot, i also feel it makes sense to stay where you started until you finish up on Probation

Made 4 months in October or November? Either way, you will have at least 1 week vacation accrued so whatever week that you're able to pick, will be yours. 

You can put your OTO/AVA requests in the book to put another week together too. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Polo said:

I was on medical hold and after i passed my medical exams since October 29 they said they will contact me until now I do not hear from them. How long after medical exams they suppose to contact you for zerega?

The medical and pre-employment paperwork is good for 90 calendar days so they'll contact you when they have an upcoming OA class (OA stands for MaBSTOA).

If they do not contact you within the 90 days, you're going to have to do everything over. What's good though is that your list number remains the same, so you'll have an advantage compared to someone who's going down there for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was invited for pre employment but was denied because I had a pending ticket. I got the ticket January 2016 but was found guilty September 2018. If I am not mistaking the points will disappear after 36 months from the ticket being issued meaning January 2019. Can anyone please correct me if I'm wrong?! Any feed back will be grateful. Thanks