MTA asking former T/O's to come out of retirement

User

Actually I think this is a great idea (not just because I'm a buff). Give this opportunity to railfans who frequent the museum, hell you wouldn't even have to pay them just give them a free transit pass and assign them to tech route, BUT there would have to be a way to distinguish the sane from the coo-coo, We sure as hell wouldn't want to give this responsibility  to "railfans" like the ones who rode the 32 (R)

D-O-N-E  :lol:

Don't you laugh at me before I take a visit to your (E) cho, yes I know what line you work! *Stalker*  :ph34r:

Well Duh since I have said it here on occasions anyway...

Stick to yer books.... :D

Wassup RTOman.. Look I'm a potential "newbie" to the system. I start orientation on the 28th of this month for T/O. I recently started this forum, and have read some of your previous posts on the 8098 thread. I would like to ask you something. The retiree that posted that very informative response on why he would not come back. One thing he said that stuck with me is that the morale was on a steady decline even before he left. Damn!!! This is my dream job, but is the morale really that bad!? Anyone please feel free to add some insight. I value ANYONES insight that is on the job. Thank you to all, and God willing I will see y'all on the road! Thanks in advance to anyone's response.

Wassup RTOman.. Look I'm a potential "newbie" to the system. I start orientation on the 28th of this month for T/O. I recently started this forum, and have read some of your previous posts on the 8098 thread. I would like to ask you something. The retiree that posted that very informative response on why he would not come back. One thing he said that stuck with me is that the morale was on a steady decline even before he left. Damn!!! This is my dream job, but is the morale really that bad!? Anyone please feel free to add some insight. I value ANYONES insight that is on the job. Thank you to all, and God willing I will see y'all on the road! Thanks in advance to anyone's response.

Well congratulations! Looks like your are on your way to a very rewarding career. As for the rest of your questions I will leave that up to the MTA personnel (RTOMan and Co.) to answer your inquiries. Myself speaking I am all ears.

Werd same thing as Realizm congrats dude! This is my dream job too, I'll personally suggest don't let any rumor discourage you from this job. If you're like me you've probably wanted this since you were a kid & now you have your opportunity. Few get in and even fewer make it out. I'll let Rtoman and other TA employees answer the moral question but don't let it discourage you. Congrats and good luck on your journey!

Wassup RTOman.. Look I'm a potential "newbie" to the system. I start orientation on the 28th of this month for T/O. I recently started this forum, and have read some of your previous posts on the 8098 thread. I would like to ask you something. The retiree that posted that very informative response on why he would not come back. One thing he said that stuck with me is that the morale was on a steady decline even before he left. Damn!!! This is my dream job, but is the morale really that bad!? Anyone please feel free to add some insight. I value ANYONES insight that is on the job. Thank you to all, and God willing I will see y'all on the road! Thanks in advance to anyone's response. Werd same thing as Realizm congrats dude! This is my dream job too, I'll personally suggest don't let any rumor discourage you from this job. If you're like me you've probably wanted this since you were a kid & now you have your opportunity. Few get in and even fewer make it out. I'll let Rtoman and other TA employees answer the moral question but don't let it discourage you. Congrats and good luck on your journey!
Thank you screechy flange!! That is one of the most positive, well wishing responses I've seen on here. Thank you!!! And hell yeah!!! Since I was 5 years old. The teachers would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I used to say " train driver" lol. And you're RIGHT! I won't let negativity deter me! Thanks for the positive comeback! And good luck!!
Wassup RTOman.. Look I'm a potential "newbie" to the system. I start orientation on the 28th of this month for T/O. I recently started this forum, and have read some of your previous posts on the 8098 thread. I would like to ask you something. The retiree that posted that very informative response on why he would not come back. One thing he said that stuck with me is that the morale was on a steady decline even before he left. Damn!!! This is my dream job, but is the morale really that bad!? Anyone please feel free to add some insight. I value ANYONES insight that is on the job. Thank you to all, and God willing I will see y'all on the road! Thanks in advance to anyone's response.Well congratulations! Looks like your are on your way to a very rewarding career. As for the rest of your questions I will leave that up to the MTA personnel (RTOMan and Co.) to answer your inquiries. Myself speaking I am all ears.
Thanks realizm!!! Good luck my dude!!!

LOL... If this guy already posted this letter publicly on Facebook, what would the point of blurring the letter on here?  Some people don't think...

Once the cat's out of the bag and on the Internets…

Don't let my personal feelings discourage you in any way. If this is your "dream" job then I say go for it. I always loved trolleys and trains from my childhood days so, to me, accepting the job was a no-brainer. I've tried to separate the good and bad things about the job over the years, which is what I was alluding to in my earlier post.. There are/were union management issues, contract disputes, arbitrator rulings, that have been clouding the environment since Mike Quill's days. There is/was the issue of (MTA) NYCT personnel doing the same exact job but subject to different rules depending on their date of hire which also affects the employees retirement options. Presently employed personnel can elaborate on the differences between Tier 2, 3, 4, 5 and whatever number is current. How many sick or vacation days one can earn also falls into the mix. I consider myself lucky to have been taught by professional M/I s ( motorman instructors) and dealt with civil service Trainmasters. Those people were replaced over the years by people who, for the most part, didn't have the same skillset as those who taught my peers. When I left there was one TSS, #1, who was previously a M/I (motorman instructor), still teaching the new people. I used to see him throughout the system with his students and I'd remind him of the days when he was my M/I on the (5) line. I've always said that I loved the people I worked with but the politics of New York State, (MTA), Local 100 vs NYCTA, the press versus the transit workers, had a way of dampening my enthusiasm for whole job. Throw in Skynet and the shiny NTT tin cans and, to me, everything the professionals taught me was subject to be overruled by people who couldn't run a Lionel train around a circular track without a screw up. That ws a morale sapper to me. Just my opinion though. The present day job and benefits are still better than almost any other option out there. You and I are different people. Live your life. Go for it. Carry on.

Bro work drama is work drama no matter where you go!

If others are miserable that's them but you got lots of folk down here happy and in good spirits...

Keeping a positive attitude is the way to go yeah chit can be better, but hey you are gonna do something you always wanted( like me).

That always out weights negative karma,miserable mofos and other BS if you ask me...

Remember folks out here struggling just to make it with half of what you will start with...

As Trainmaster says go for it!

Wassup RTOman.. Look I'm a potential "newbie" to the system. I start orientation on the 28th of this month for T/O. I recently started this forum, and have read some of your previous posts on the 8098 thread. I would like to ask you something. The retiree that posted that very informative response on why he would not come back. One thing he said that stuck with me is that the morale was on a steady decline even before he left. Damn!!! This is my dream job, but is the morale really that bad!? Anyone please feel free to add some insight. I value ANYONES insight that is on the job. Thank you to all, and God willing I will see y'all on the road! Thanks in advance to anyone's response.Don't let my personal feelings discourage you in any way. If this is your "dream" job then I say go for it. I always loved trolleys and trains from my childhood days so, to me, accepting the job was a no-brainer. I've tried to separate the good and bad things about the job over the years, which is what I was alluding to in my earlier post.. There are/were union management issues, contract disputes, arbitrator rulings, that have been clouding the environment since Mike Quill's days. There is/was the issue of (MTA) NYCT personnel doing the same exact job but subject to different rules depending on their date of hire which also affects the employees retirement options. Presently employed personnel can elaborate on the differences between Tier 2, 3, 4, 5 and whatever number is current. How many sick or vacation days one can earn also falls into the mix. I consider myself lucky to have been taught by professional M/I s ( motorman instructors) and dealt with civil service Trainmasters. Those people were replaced over the years by people who, for the most part, didn't have the same skillset as those who taught my peers. When I left there was one TSS, #1, who was previously a M/I (motorman instructor), still teaching the new people. I used to see him throughout the system with his students and I'd remind him of the days when he was my M/I on the (5) line. I've always said that I loved the people I worked with but the politics of New York State, (MTA), Local 100 vs NYCTA, the press versus the transit workers, had a way of dampening my enthusiasm for whole job. Throw in Skynet and the shiny NTT tin cans and, to me, everything the professionals taught me was subject to be overruled by people who couldn't run a Lionel train around a circular track without a screw up. That ws a morale sapper to me. Just my opinion though. The present day job and benefits are still better than almost any other option out there. You and I are different people. Live your life. Go for it. Carry on.
Thanks Train Master5 for taking the time out to give me such a detailed response. I will definitely go for it, but thank you for clarifying your point of view. I hope you have a long, and prosperous retirement. Thank you!!
Wassup RTOman.. Look I'm a potential "newbie" to the system. I start orientation on the 28th of this month for T/O. I recently started this forum, and have read some of your previous posts on the 8098 thread. I would like to ask you something. The retiree that posted that very informative response on why he would not come back. One thing he said that stuck with me is that the morale was on a steady decline even before he left. Damn!!! This is my dream job, but is the morale really that bad!? Anyone please feel free to add some insight. I value ANYONES insight that is on the job. Thank you to all, and God willing I will see y'all on the road! Thanks in advance to anyone's response.Bro work drama is work drama no matter where you go! If others are miserable that's them but you got lots of folk down here happy and in good spirits... Keeping a positive attitude is the way to go yeah chit can be better, but hey you are gonna do something you always wanted( like me). That always out weights negative karma,miserable mofos and other BS if you ask me...Remember folks out here struggling just to make it with half of what you will start with... As Trainmaster says go for it!
You ain't never lie RTOman!! Thank you for your encouraging response. You're right, work drama, is work drama! Anywhere you go. Thank you for your encouraging response. God willing I'll see you on the road!!! That being said...... I'm counting down the days until I start!!!!

I may be late to the party but...I wish BrownHornet78 the best in your new job.I have always had respect for MTA workers after seeing what they do and how important you guys are to New York...

I second it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Archived