R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

Lol here is my last post on it the R142s in 2001 went thru the hells gate bridge then station where kawasakis plant is srry lol then to 34st st pen station and it will make it self thru the old south ferry loop then you had acess to the (2) or (5)

They can't use the goddamn Hell's Gate Bridge! -_- That's a railway bridge! Even if there was a connection, they can't use it! The cars are delivered by flatbed, look at the pictures for the latest R188 order! Why the hell would they go through all that to switch when they can just switch at Flatbush? You really expect us to believe that? :angry:

Edited by ThrexxBus

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol no all R62As on the (7) will be out of flushing by late 2016

Yes, I know that.

they will be either back on the (6) and wat ever line the 71 remaning sets will go to

Yes, that's also quite clear.

remember all of the R62As the (7) has used to belong to the (3) and (6) lines

Why does that matter?

and i believe the (4) will get the remaning R62As cause its the other line that is availble and for extra service

What? There are other lines that can get more service besides the (4).

remember the (4) ran all R62s 1983-2004 and temporarily run a few sets so it will make sense for the remaning R62As to go there

facepalm.gifWhy do past car assignments from the 1990s mean that the (4) should get R62As now?

and the (2) and (5) have been announced not to get an R62As

You're right, they won't get them...

unless the (1) gets remaning R62As but its has its own fleet of R62As

What is that supposed to mean? The (1) can get more R62As if the MTA decides to increase service.

so well see where the remaning 71 cars go to

Yes, we will :).

Additionally, shouldn't the (6) need more than 380 R62As because of their increased spare factor over the R142As?

Okay, so let's say that Westchester yard takes 20 extra R62As like you said. Then, there are only 3 more trains of R62As left over. I really don't think it's worth making Jerome Av yard maintain a whole separate type of car just for 3 trains. My prediction is that those trains should go to the (1) or (3) line, whose yards already have SMEEs.

yes it goes thru the station at kawasakis then to 34st st pen station and it will make it self thru the old south ferry loop then you had acess to the (2) or (5)

No, Kawasaki's plant is connected to the Metro-North Hudson Line. If you're thinking the trains go from Kawasaki down MNR/Amtrak to Penn that still isn't possible, there's no track connection in Penn from Amtrak/NJT/LIRR to the subway system. Subway cars are never at that plant unless they are being assembled or having major work done on them.

Okay, so let's say that Westchester yard takes 20 extra R62As like you said. Then, there are only 3 more trains of R62As left over. I really don't think it's worth making Jerome Av yard maintain a whole separate type of car just for 3 trains. My prediction is that those trains should go to the (1) or (3) line, whose yards already have SMEEs.

The (1) will make more sense it runs R62As the (3) should and will stick with just its R62s

:sigh: not this again.. (not directed at you subwaystation). What the hell is this obsession with where the R62As go? The most likely lines are the (4) and/or (6). Why waste your time guess where they will go? The MTA is the one to make the decision. How about worrying about things when the first R62A arrives back in service on either of the lines to guess what happens to the rest?

This thread should've been locked a while ago...

:sigh: not this again.. (not directed at you subwaystation). What the hell is this obsession with where the R62As go? The most likely lines are the (4) and/or (6). Why waste your time guess where they will go? The MTA is the one to make the decision. How about worrying about things when the first R62A arrives back in service on either of the lines to guess what happens to the rest?

This thread should've been locked a while ago...

No, it's about the R188's. The R62A's should never have been brought up in this thread.

The TS Shuttle fleet is or was maintained at the (4) line yard very recently, and there's only a small amount of 62As in the TS shuttle pool, so sending three 62A trainsets to Jerome isn't that big of a issue.

referring to page 42--> good grief... And to think I thought for a second that there was genuine news after I came back and saw an extra two pages of discussion =_=.

By the way. It's a good idea to try and use proper English formatting and punctuation when posting here, or anywhere for that matter. One, you look a lot more sophisticated, like you actually graduated high school, two, people will be able to understand you more easily, and three, people will respect you a lot better than if you typed like an uneducated chimpanzee. <-- you people know who you are.