How long does it take to ride the entire S78 route?

alekr

I'm just wondering how long does it take a S78 bus to complete the route? I know that is the longest local bus route but curious how long does it take from 1 terminal to another one?

Could've used the random thoughts thread for this.

And here's your resource: http://web.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/staten/s078cur.pdf

I've ridden the S78 from end to end back in 2008 before the NGs started coming in, but I don't remember how long it took. I will say that's one hella long route...

Oh yeah, I took it to tottenville, then rode back to Richmond Av for the X1. I got to manhattan, got off and realized I dropped my cheapie phone in the seat. Not cool. :angry:

The first day when it started going to Bricktown Mall, I rode it from there to the ferry. Took only an hour and three minutes. The operator sped through most of Hylan Blvd.

I can cosign with this. Although my ride wasn't on the first day (it was with a friend actually), it was just a little bit over an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He means longest SBS when he's talking about the S79. However, I don't know, Id say its the B44. With the exception of the M34/M34A, the SBS routes are long and look like they have similar lengths.

Then FWIW, it is the S79, followed by the Bx12...

Archived