About 60 arrested this year for public lewdness at PABT restrooms

mfs NJT459

Capture_zpsb12cbfbe.png

Basically >60 people were arrested on public lewdness charges by undercover PAPD officers, which was a supposed sevenfold increase over the same time last year only! Many were accused of touching themselves in the second floor bathroom. Some real crazy stories out there circulating lately. Sort of reminds me of the pissing elevator sensor fiasco with MARTA. Dont look at me! Thats what the article says...

This is now being challenged in court by I believe the Legal Aid Society.

That's outrageous that PAPD invading their business due #1 or #2.

PAPD shouldn't be arresting innocent people and everyone will only say "I'm using restroom." because they cannot tell their during #1 or #2."

Slightly little off-topic, some places like Au Bon Pon (near Water St/Whitehall St), Whole Food Union Sq and Bowery Branch, Pie Face (3rd Av-34th St) has coded lock which people need to require to shop with receipt in order to access restroom. For Burger King in Washington Heights near 181st St was interesting, because it was token-operated restroom and you need to buy food in order to get token for restroom.

I remember when I was using Amtrak restroom at Penn Station near 34th St-Penn Station (A)(C)(E) station, one of man who wasn't doing anything wrong has been accused of lewdness and got arrested by Amtrak PD.

Why should he even want to know? It's not like you would really see him again....

He was tryin to get a dollar outta me because he pressed the buttons on the kiosk for me (something I could've easily done myself <_<). I've dealt with the poor soul before and I wasn't in the mood so I'll admit I did have a little bit of an attitude (yeah not a good idea now that I look back at it). The sad thing is he used to be one of those beggars who got up in people's personal space for money, I guess some guy who was having a real sh*tty day must've got violent with him so he doesn't do it anymore. But I doubt it's the last we'll see of him, because I saw him wandering about the terminal the second time I rode 7278(NJT's new MCI CNG). That is, unless PAPD or NYPD took him to a shelter - or worse, jail. 

Oh my! That is terrible.

I'm sure that there are bad things happening in the PABT restrooms that should be addressed,  however, this is pretty bad, what happens if you are a "grower" and need to go but need that "extra" step, seems like that the PAPD has way too much discretion in their potty monitoring with humiliating results for innocent people.

Also, gentlemen, this is NYC and we are in a rush, but please after completely discharging the last drop, ZIP, then turn to wash hands. Not Turn, Zip and Wash Hands. I see this every time I am in the restroom, luckily I completely blur my vision so nothing is seen, but you could get arrested for that evidently!!

Damn!

Oh my! That is terrible.

I'm sure that there are bad things happening in the PABT restrooms that should be addressed,  however, this is pretty bad, what happens if you are a "grower" and need to go but need that "extra" step, seems like that the PAPD has way too much discretion in their potty monitoring with humiliating results for innocent people.

Also, gentlemen, this is NYC and we are in a rush, but please after completely discharging the last drop, ZIP, then turn to wash hands. Not Turn, Zip and Wash Hands. I see this every time I am in the restroom, luckily I completely blur my vision so nothing is seen, but you could get arrested for that evidently!!

Damn!

I aint put any thought to MF-ers pulling out of a stall or a urinal before zipping up, because I.... aint lookin down in some MF-er's direction like that...... But I suppose there's a ring of truth to it, since people are so in a rush to get no where fast in this city..... As for the washing hands thing, it's gotten better (at PABT & Penn, at least), because for some time, I tended to notice more people not washing their hands in public restrooms.....

What bothers me more is when MF-ers try to commence a convo (with me) while I'm takin a leak.... The last bastard that did that was a month's worth of Saturdays or so ago at Penn (before I got on the LIRR... b/c I don't use those lavatories on the train themselves).... Talkin bout some "You think the Knicks gonna make it with the triangle" (offense).... I didn't answer for 3 reasons:

- the question didn't make sense to me (even though I knew what he was referring to w/ the new offensive system they'll put in place under Fish(er)/Phil) - like, do you mean just this year, or what....

- I'm not into the NBA like that anymore anyway to really care enough to want to talk about the Knicks, or any other team... shit's gotten too streetball-ish, and I found myself predicting way too many outcomes to these games as of late (my 2 siblings; brother & sister are in concurrence).... It's like reading a script you can see unfolding right before your eyes....

- ....and most importantly - I'm not engaging in conversation while I'm using a (public, especially) restroom....

My sole focus in that regard is to take a piss & to do something of which that is called gettin the FU*K out of there......

Archived