Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed on some of the earlier pages people mentioning receiving a letter about an OPA before being notified about pre employment. My list number is 63xx and I was wondering should I still expect to get a pre employment letter; even though I never got a OPA letter? Thank you in advance.

11 hours ago, Jlw1993 said:

I noticed on some of the earlier pages people mentioning receiving a letter about an OPA before being notified about pre employment. My list number is 63xx and I was wondering should I still expect to get a pre employment letter; even though I never got a OPA letter? Thank you in advance.

I think You going to need OPA before pre-employment 

someone also mention how they was giving people who got high list number cleaner position 

11 hours ago, Jlw1993 said:

The OPA (Oral Proficiency Assessment) was a two section additional exam of sorts. I'm not exactly sure what to call it. I took it at some point in 2018 and got my result (passing) via email and phone call in 2019. This was well after taking the 6601 exam in 2016.

Not sure what to say if you've never took the OPA. From what I gathered back then, you would not be considered for the position if you didn't take and pass the OPA. Maybe it doesn't matter? I have no idea.

My list number is 30xx.

Edited by TraDon

Hey everyone!

i went through my pre-employment and medical exam. I was suppose to start November 1st but told them I was unable to due to the short notice. I asked when the next class was but was old there wasn’t any on the schedule. Do any of you happen to know? Should I have just started when asked to? 

thanks! :)

3 hours ago, JackDorsey said:

Hey everyone!

i went through my pre-employment and medical exam. I was suppose to start November 1st but told them I was unable to due to the short notice. I asked when the next class was but was old there wasn’t any on the schedule. Do any of you happen to know? Should I have just started when asked to? 

Truth is, if I were you I would call back and put my name on the list for the class. You never know when the next class and or opportunity will come around. Granted everyone has a life and circumstances may not be ideal at the moment but if it’s a career/job you’ve been waiting for why place it on hold. Run with the opportunity. 

3 hours ago, yungfeenxm23 said:

Truth is, if I were you I would call back and put my name on the list for the class. You never know when the next class and or opportunity will come around. Granted everyone has a life and circumstances may not be ideal at the moment but if it’s a career/job you’ve been waiting for why place it on hold. Run with the opportunity. 

Yes,  I sent an email saying I would like to join the next class. I didn’t want to leave my job without a 2 weeks notice. I’ve already missed this training because it started last week. I wish I knew the exact date of the next class. There wouldn’t  have been any point in holding off for this time if I’m going to be forced to leave without proper notice for the next class. I do hope the class comes soon though. 

7 hours ago, JackDorsey said:

Hey everyone!

Unfortunately, you're just going to have to wait again.

By the way, unless you really liked your employer, a two week notice is more of a courtesy than a requirement.

3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Unfortunately, you're just going to have to wait again.

By the way, unless you really liked your employer, a two week notice is more of a courtesy than a requirement.

😔😔.. I do like them that’s why I wanted to give the courtesy. I never been one to burn bridges.  I hope to start before the end of the year. 

15 hours ago, MaryL32 said:

The highest number I seen called in this forum is in the 47xx  and that was weeks ago is there no numbers being called higher than that? Sheesh 🤦‍♀️

I’m in the 47xx and I have not got called or got an email from them. Is there a way to find out on the exact list number they are up too?

1 hour ago, Eco24 said:

I’m in the 47xx and I have not got called or got an email from them. Is there a way to find out on the exact list number they are up too?

They haven’t reach 47xx because I’m 42xx and waiting for medical did pre-employment. On Oct 26