Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hoakes said:

Good Morning hope everyone is well!

This question is for the season MTA employees. Is there any website I could find that sells MTA hats that are TA approved like a trooper hat or a beanie. A TSS told me we will have to wear hats Oct 1st but I was only sent the goofy conductor hats not the trooper or hat which is what I asked for. I also feel like I read a bulletin about uniforms that did not mention having to wearing hats. I’m probably wrong though

I never ever worn my hat looked doofy I just showed off my baldness instead looking like mr clean

22 hours ago, TraDon said:

You can check any current open IT positions with the MTA here. These (all, I believe) positions do not require an exam. You apply through the site with a resume and cover letter and any other qualifications they may list.

Thanks for the link, I've reviewed their top pay and compared to my future progression at my current job. I'm still undecided as I'm pretty comfortable at my current job. Already sent my deferment request to MTA though just in case.

4 minutes ago, FiyahR31 said:

For The Employment Information Section Does It Have To Be 100% Accurate Such As What If I Dont Know The Exact Dates ? Is That An Issue ? 

I don't think they go that hard if you don't know the exact dates just don't leave any gaps if you have gaps just mention the reason unemployment etc etc etc

21 hours ago, Bw718 said:

Hello all, I’ve gotten the VM/ text to come

in on Monday Oct 4th for pre employment but I haven’t gotten the email, I’ve tried calling but nobody picks up, what’s my options?

I would say go and show the text. They have the documents there for you to fill out. It will just take up a chunk of time. There's a lot of paperwork. 

21 hours ago, Bw718 said:

Hello all, I’ve gotten the VM/ text to come

in on Monday Oct 4th for pre employment but I haven’t gotten the email, I’ve tried calling but nobody picks up, what’s my options?

This is a link to the 14-page pre-employment packet for non-driving titles (such as Conductor) that they send in the canvass letter email.

Link here

Been out on the road a couple weeks now and I’m just giving a heads up to the students currently in school car and or about to start training with transit, crew office (people responsible for scheduling) told us flat out not to expect AMs/morning shifts anytime soon for extra extra (you guys will be extra extra coming out of training for months, possibly a few years). There’s none available. It will only be evenings and midnight shifts. 

4 minutes ago, exj16 said:

Been out on the road a couple weeks now and I’m just giving a heads up to the students currently in school car and or about to start training with transit, crew office (people responsible for scheduling) told us flat out not to expect AMs/morning shifts anytime soon for extra extra (you guys will be extra extra coming out of training for months, possibly a few years). There’s none available. It will only be evenings and midnight shifts. 

what division are you in?

20 hours ago, avasquez1985 said:

Question about conductor 6601 when I pay for the exam around 2015 the pay rate was $24 per hour 

Since its 2021 would the pay rate would b based on twu 100 is current 32 per hour or the $24 per hours when I pay for the exam 

I think you’re looking at top pay.  If you start now, conductor pays $23.67 per hour. You'll get a raise every year and top out starting on your 6th year. You’ll also have contractual increases as well. 

It has nothing to do with when you paid for the exam.