Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Nicholasp said:

Guess I gotta take the points lmao, because nothing is stopping me from getting that job, looks like defensive driving to get the points reduced 🤷‍♂️

Facts but defensive driving can do only so much for you I only care because I’m a part time plumber/ truck delivery driver and points on my license is not something I need 

2 hours ago, Grady6601 said:

Facts but defensive driving can do only so much for you I only care because I’m a part time plumber/ truck delivery driver and points on my license is not something I need 

I had red light ticket because a cop was in his feeling was trying hard to find something 

had like 10 cop cars on me that night just because I had a vest, handcuff, gun belt but I work as a armed armored truck driver 

Long story short, when I was in pre employment I was told to come back when I finished getting rid of the ticket 

so on that same day I went to dmv and plead guilty even tho I had plead not guilty

and went back same day to the same guy who was doing my application and then I was able to do my urine test  

1 hour ago, Gullys said:

I had red light ticket because a cop was in his feeling was trying hard to find something 

had like 10 cop cars on me that night just because I had a vest, handcuff, gun belt but I work as a armed armored truck driver 

Long story short, when I was in pre employment I was told to come back when I finished getting rid of the ticket 

so on that same day I went to dmv and plead guilty even tho I had plead not guilty

and went back same day to the same guy who was doing my application and then I was able to do my urine test  

SMH 🤦‍♂️ 

8 hours ago, TraDon said:

How are you doing with the crew shortages? Seems like the job is stressful enough with full staff. 

It's hard a lot of trains got cut like the B,Z and W trains and people who got picked jobs on those lines got reassigned. I'm still new as a t/o and been getting shit jobs when you get in you'll see what I mean it's super stressful with family time. 

15 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

Yea, I submitted a slip to the union to swap my RDO and was told that to many operators are going to be out that day. Drawbacks of being a probie I guess.

Welp. Aside from switching tours or a later job, you should email/call them up to have it rescheduled. Though, if I were you I would finish probation before you make the jump. I had a classmate who was a bus operator who failed schoolcar and couldn't go back to buses because he was probationary.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Welp. Aside from switching tours or a later job, you should email/call them up to have it rescheduled. Though, if I were you I would finish probation before you make the jump. I had a classmate who was a bus operator who failed schoolcar and couldn't go back to buses because he was probationary.

Yes indeed finishing probation first is a must, just keeping all options open. Thanks for the info..

51 minutes ago, Tg367 said:

Rumor has it late February.

I spoke to someone in employment operations 

and they told me next class should be next week or following week

so people who in the 423x list and above waiting to be called for medical should be ready 

2 hours ago, Gullys said:

I spoke to someone in employment operations 

and they told me next class should be next week or following week

so people who in the 423x list and above waiting to be called for medical should be ready 

I spoke to someone also and I was told late February.  I’m not sure what’s going on but it’s good to hear they are having more classes 

5 hours ago, mibrahim12 said:

How do I know  if I passed opa

You should get a email like this 

got mine Feb 2019 so imagine  the wait because of COVID 

This is New York City Transit notifying [person name] that you have passed the qualifying Oral Proficiency Assessment for Conductor, exam number 6601. Your name will remain on the eligible list for future hiring needs, and once your number is reached, you will be contacted for pre-employment processing. To find out what list number we are up to please call 212/669-1357 and follow the system prompts.

2 hours ago, TraDon said:

Just received a phone call to come in for pre-employment on 2/1/2022 but I've already done it and am currently on medical hold. 

I guess you all should be on the lookout for calls and emails.

Just got the same call and text for the pre-employment. I'm also still waiting for my CPAP machine. Should be getting it in like 2 weeks. 

So just disregard this text since I'm already halfway through being medically cleared? Don't want them to take me off the list if that's a possibility if I don't report on 2/9.