Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

6 minutes ago, Milano said:

Someone has to say it. If you're in the seven or eight thousands, you never should have been hired. Thank covid for the opportunity. I'm not even sure I should have been hired.  (5000s) A new list means better candidates with better scores, potentially. 

I mean if transit is extending the other tests why not extend the conductors test for another year?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I mean if transit is extending the other tests why not extend the conductors test for another year?

Money. That's the only reason transit does anything.

Maybe it's costing them too much to canvas people from 8 years ago who are not interested anymore... Letters, phone calls, data entry etc

Edited by Milano

I wonder what are the chances of even us in the early 7000s are even called up. I did pre-employment last month. I thought the list got extended to 2024 but I guess I was wrong. I feel bad for those that had high optimism. In a perfect world I wish we all would’ve gotten called but I know that they have a cut off limit.

7 minutes ago, Canarsie88 said:

I wonder what are the chances of even us in the early 7000s are even called up. I did pre-employment last month. I thought the list got extended to 2024 but I guess I was wrong. I feel bad for those that had high optimism. In a perfect world I wish we all would’ve gotten called but I know that they have a cut off limit.

But is that a perfect world if more qualified (better test takers -debateable) people don't get a shot after almost a decade? And for those who don't make it, they can take the next test and presumably score much better because they already know what to expect! 

Edited by Milano

23 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

What happens to those who passed the OPA assessment but didn't get called yet for pre employment?

I don't know but I'm going to be the first one to buy you a keychain and laminate you some strip maps because you're dedicated af. 😁

You may want to call olha.  If you're persistent about how much the job means to you and how it can help your family, she might be able to work magic - she did for me . (But they were up to my list number and skipped me and I found it about it but that's another story)

17 minutes ago, Milano said:

But is that a perfect world if more qualified (better test takers -debateable) people don't get a shot after almost a decade? And for those who don't make it, they can take the next test and presumably score much better because they already know what to expect! 

Man a lot of people scored in the 90 percentile. Some people got extra points due to Service and etc. When you say qualified I’m trying to understand what you mean?

20 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Hey bro 6601 conductor is not expiring until Febuary 14 2024. For some reason they have not updated the website. 

I've emailed nyctemployment. From my main email and burner emails 😭 if I could upload there response I would . All are 1 in saying list does not expire until 2024. And to please disregard nyc open data it is not current.

15 hours ago, Faisal said:

Did my opa in like July 2022, never even got my results. Got called for pre employment early Dec and medical right before Christmas. They swore me in right after I finished my medical same day.

Congratulations King that’s dope I hope you have a smooth transition with the class and in no time you will be active. I got called for pre-employment first week December and just patiently awaiting for the next steps.

4 hours ago, Immortal11 said:

Hey bro 6601 conductor is not expiring until Febuary 14 2024. For some reason they have not updated the website. 

I've emailed nyctemployment. From my main email and burner emails 😭 if I could upload there response I would . All are 1 in saying list does not expire until 2024. And to please disregard nyc open data it is not current.

I can confirm this as well I emailed them as well and they said Feb 2024

Good evening,

I noticed they have scheduled an open competitive examination for sometime 2023- possibly 2024. I have a few questions. Is the hourly starting still 24.33 (or has it went up?), 2) how long to expect a call back? and lastly, should i take the conductor job (if offered/called off list) vs waiting for Train Operator open competitive exam? I definitely want a career in the rapid train operations. Happy holidays all and have a great evening!

8 minutes ago, solidsnakeslug03 said:

Good evening,

I noticed they have scheduled an open competitive examination for sometime 2023- possibly 2024. I have a few questions. Is the hourly starting still 24.33 (or has it went up?), 2) how long to expect a call back? and lastly, should i take the conductor job (if offered/called off list) vs waiting for Train Operator open competitive exam? I definitely want a career in the rapid train operations. Happy holidays all and have a great evening!

1. The hourly is still the same though we are up for a new contract this year 

2. The wait depends on your list # and what # theyre up to.

3. If they call you...take it, as I hear this current OC train operator exam will be the last one that is OC, theyre going back to promotional only. plus its better to enter as a conductor, you get to learn more of the system and how it works so that youre more prepared once youre a t/o

On 1/2/2023 at 11:40 PM, Faisal said:

Did my opa in like July 2022, never even got my results. Got called for pre employment early Dec and medical right before Christmas. They swore me in right after I finished my medical same day.

July? I hope you meant may-june because many of us did it June and haven't got called in for medical yet :-(

19 minutes ago, alexx said:

July? I hope you meant may-june because many of us did it June and haven't got called in for medical yet :-(

There canvassed up to 7100# for medical !!!! So far no trainning classes announced after January 9th so if your after 7100# be prepared to redo pre- employment again in march- spoke to olha 

But good news is list is extended until 2024.. so we just have to be patient pretty much. 

On 1/2/2023 at 1:53 PM, Milano said:

Someone has to say it. If you're in the seven or eight thousands, you never should have been hired. Thank covid for the opportunity. I'm not even sure I should have been hired.  (5000s) A new list means better candidates with better scores, potentially. 

What is that supposed to mean? You sound very negative. Everyone deserves a chance 

1 hour ago, Always successful said:

What is that supposed to mean? You sound very negative. Everyone deserves a chance 

Nobody deserves anything. You get what you earn.

Why does the guy who got a 90 on a test seven years ago deserve more chance than a guy who might get a 105 on it now? Are the candidates from 2016 better people than the candidates coming 2023? C'mon 

6061 is still going because a high number of people died from covid, moved, retired due to covid, found better jobs or otherwise no longer qualify. This list should have been wrapped up a while ago.

IMO, anyone getting in off a list more than 5 years later is due to luck and circumstance, nothing more.

Edited by Milano