Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Canarsie88 said:

Sorry again asking all these questions I currently work for the police department. I couldn’t remember some supervisors names from my old job due to losing my old resumes. I’m stuck and tomorrow morning is my pre-employment 

So write John and put in the company # 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

Lol leaving now.. appointment was 10 am.. got there at 8 .. fairly easy process.. G Lto everyone

Dope I got there around 9:30am still here. Good luck to you bro moving forward hopefully you’ll get the call pretty soon for  medical and then clear it to be sworn in. 

I forgot to ask what number are they up to for medical as far is the conductors list is. For anyone that has Pre-Employment coming up soon I suggest arriving at least 1hr and half before your appointment time so you can get in line and hand in all your paperwork needed. Also prepare to do someone waiting be patient, and listen closely at all times for announcements and being called. Best of luck to everyone in here that is on the list. I finished my first pre-employment and drug test so it’s about waiting right now.

3 minutes ago, Canarsie88 said:

I forgot to ask what number are they up to for medical as far is the conductors list is. For anyone that has Pre-Employment coming up soon I suggest arriving at least 1hr and half before your appointment time so you can get in line and hand in all your paperwork needed. Also prepare to do someone waiting be patient, and listen closely at all times for announcements and being called. Best of luck to everyone in here that is on the list. I finished my first pre-employment and drug test so it’s about waiting right now.

Do people form a line outside? For the OPA i was first one there and hour before they opened and when they finally opened everyone bum rushed the door and I was like 20 people behind.

Just now, tsanchez2828 said:

Do people form a line outside? For the OPA i was first one there and hour before they opened and when they finally opened everyone bum rushed the door and I was like 20 people behind.

For OPA it’s different they normally have you wait and they take in by batches and in the exact time slot that they have given those for that particular OPA. When I came in todays compared to the OPA it was a more different because people are there for different reasons and in the same vicinity.

2 hours ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

Will they make it to the 8xxx’s? I took my OPA in September. I know it’s fairly early to be called back. I applied for the station agent as well but I’m still hopeful about the conductor. 

Hard to say, I am early 7000's and just went for pre employment this week.  Went 2 hours early and still ended up staying over 9 hours.. It was a bunch of filling forms and checking identification and vaccination.. Many people could not follow the simple email and was missing some sort of verification or didn't have the form prefilled. I think most of the time for the slow process was due to many passes to helping them first even though instructions was given to us but it is what it is. Did the drug test the same day and hopefully will get called in soon for medical and sworn in.

Good luck everyone! Don't be that person that is unprepared!

Btw, if anyone wondered, you do not need to get your own drug test, you do it there. I personally found the email sent misleading and asking to get it self done, thinking it will be a faster process as I would skip it but nope. I guess it's just me that thought that since no one else seem to have one, haha. 

6 hours ago, alexx said:

Hard to say, I am early 7000's and just went for pre employment this week.  Went 2 hours early and still ended up staying over 9 hours.. It was a bunch of filling forms and checking identification and vaccination.. Many people could not follow the simple email and was missing some sort of verification or didn't have the form prefilled. I think most of the time for the slow process was due to many passes to helping them first even though instructions was given to us but it is what it is. Did the drug test the same day and hopefully will get called in soon for medical and sworn in.

Btw, if anyone wondered, you do not need to get your own drug test, you do it there. I personally found the email sent misleading and asking to get it self done, thinking it will be a faster process as I would skip it but nope. I guess it's just me that thought that since no one else seem to have one, haha. 

Nine hours?! How is that even possible lol ,I better clear my schedule then

On 12/1/2022 at 10:48 PM, workisforlames said:

Good luck to everyone in school car or about to start. Study, practice your procedures and things should be a piece of cake. I'm about to start my 3rd week out on my own and so far I'm enjoying it. I did come from Corrections so anything is better than that, but this seems cool lol

AGREED!

On 12/2/2022 at 3:45 AM, Immortal11 said:

Hey comrad thanks to you man. Your guidance bro.. down 30 pounds..  scheduled and past my sleep study with under 5 events a hour.. so when they measure my neck.. I'll just throw the letter from the doctor in there face like boom ... 💥.. very grateful for vets like comrad and others ! List# 71## 

Dec 6 hopefully getting division A I live in CT. ☺️ .. also to anyone living out of state do not forget your driving abstract from your current state for pre employment 

Don’t need an abstract. Conductor doesn’t require a drivers license.  Save the money and time. 

12 hours ago, alexx said:

My vaccination card was missing Tues when I went. The guy working at the counter told me that’s alright and give him the rest of the things I was told to bring. I did the drug test I was out of there in about 5 hours max. I got there around 8:40am and thank god I did before the 10am time. Best of luck to you ans hopefully you’ll get called for medical soon.

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Anyone here... Are they up to the 9000's for OPA or they still dealing with 8000's for OPA.  If I were a bettor, unless they don't get to the 9000's and low 10,000's at least for OPA list is expected to expire in February.

The list will be extended for another year at least. They just had an application for promotion to conductor & it’s going to take some time for that exam to be ready to be used for hiring. Don’t sweat it. 

55 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

The list will be extended for another year at least. They just had an application for promotion to conductor & it’s going to take some time for that exam to be ready to be used for hiring. Don’t sweat it. 

Copy copy good brother.. Thank You.. I'm in the 9000's and just saw that a OC Conductor test may OPEN up in June 2023 for filing (Subject to change of course) and yes the promo test expected to open for March 2023 for filing. If they do extend the list which is expected they could get thru the list up until late 2024/2025.

6 hours ago, Canarsie88 said:

My vaccination card was missing Tues when I went. The guy working at the counter told me that’s alright and give him the rest of the things I was told to bring. I did the drug test I was out of there in about 5 hours max. I got there around 8:40am and thank god I did before the 10am time. Best of luck to you ans hopefully you’ll get called for medical soon.

youll have a chance to upload your vaccine card after you get sworn in

On 12/6/2022 at 4:38 PM, tsanchez2828 said:

Animals did that when I was there for pre-employment.  Smh.