Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

8 minutes ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Ok thanks for detailed reply,I was gonna be as honest as I can just didn't know if it would disqualify me cause of terminations I got when I was younger.

If you're filling it out on a computer and printing it, print it single-sided and make four copies. If you have the same experience I had, you'll thank me.

On the extra copies you make, be sure to leave the date field blank on anything that has to be dated "today".

Edited by Milano

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Milano said:

If you're filling it out on a computer and printing it, print it single-sided and make four copies. If you have the same experience I had, you'll thank me.

On the extra copies you make, be sure to leave the date field blank on anything that has to be dated "today".

Really really thank you for this information cause I was about to fill in the dates lol

First and foremost congratulations to everyone that has been hired and successfully passed their school car training. I got the email and call for my Pre-Employment coming up this week. Question how long is the form that you have to fill out prior to arriving down at 180 Livingston? Also is it true that you can be hired after doing one pre-employment? How far of a work history do you have to go back and place? Im thankful to have gotten up to the is point after great waiting period. Thanks again to everyone on here helping each other out with the questions that we pose in this thread. 

4 minutes ago, Canarsie88 said:

First and foremost congratulations to everyone that has been hired and successfully passed their school car training. I got the email and call for my Pre-Employment coming up this week. Question how long is the form that you have to fill out prior to arriving down at 180 Livingston? Also is it true that you can be hired after doing one pre-employment? How far of a work history do you have to go back and place? Im thankful to have gotten up to the is point after great waiting period. Thanks again to everyone on here helping each other out with the questions that we pose in this thread. 

the form is fairly long like at least 10 pages if not more. doesnt compare to the one you have to fill out for medical tho lmao that ones like 20

List EVERY job you had that was for a check from when you graduated high school till now, even times youve been unemployed, as Milano said dont list any cash jobs, leave that segment as unemployed 

If you get hired after one pre-employment consider yourself very lucky, most of us did at least 2 if not more

13 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

the form is fairly long like at least 10 pages if not more. doesnt compare to the one you have to fill out for medical tho lmao that ones like 20

List EVERY job you had that was for a check from when you graduated high school till now, even times youve been unemployed, as Milano said dont list any cash jobs, leave that segment as unemployed 

If you get hired after one pre-employment consider yourself very lucky, most of us did at least 2 if not more

oh ok I gotcha. Now I’m on page 2 of the form and lol i don’t remember my pass number and is new title the position title? I’m sorry if I am coming across slow I just want to make sure fill this out in the way that they want me to. I am filling it out on my laptop by the way. 

10 minutes ago, Canarsie88 said:

oh ok I gotcha. Now I’m on page 2 of the form and lol i don’t remember my pass number and is new title the position title? I’m sorry if I am coming across slow I just want to make sure fill this out in the way that they want me to. I am filling it out on my laptop by the way. 

pass number you leave blank as you havent gotten it yet, thats something you get when youre sworn in

position title is conductor

23 hours ago, Canarsie88 said:

That's great and congrats to you. If you don't mind me asking what's your list number. Just trying to guage where they at as for pre employment 

1 hour ago, Mohamed said:

That's great and congrats to you. If you don't mind me asking what's your list number. Just trying to guage where they at as for pre employment 

Hey, there most likely up to 7300#

But just to confirm send a email to the nyctemployment email... they answer very quickly. 

On 12/3/2022 at 6:30 PM, Comrade96 said:

wait really? damn thats really quick, are we still that short?

Probably because this list has to be terminated Feb 14 2024. So they gonna have the 2 promotional hold down on C/R hiring until 3615 is ready. 

13 minutes ago, Canarsie88 said:

Hey as far as the dress code can I wear a cardigan and black shirt with pants and dress shoes for the pre-employment? And should I get there 2hrs before hand?

honestly just look presentable. I ended up going in a white button down and black jeans with dress shoes and I was fine 

business casual works

1 hour ago, BusBoy2010 said:

Why are they giving 2 promotional tests for conductor this year instead of just 1?

Because they know they won't be able to establish an open competitive list quickly by early 2024 so they gonna have those 2 promotional list try to up keep the demands needed for CR until the OC is ready.

Edited by Biggie
typo