Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

Might be referring to OPA.  I took mine around that time too. My friend said she got her results approximately 4-5 months after. 

Yeah if you can speak English you shouldn't even worry about those results. I got my results AFTER my pre-employment process

52 minutes ago, Milano said:

Yeah if you can speak English you shouldn't even worry about those results. I got my results AFTER my pre-employment process

You did after the entire process was done? Because I didn’t get my score the day I went to do my pre-employment a week ago. I just did the drug test and handed in the pre-employment sheet they had me fill out.

On 12/13/2022 at 6:55 PM, Canarsie88 said:

You did after the entire process was done? Because I didn’t get my score the day I went to do my pre-employment a week ago. I just did the drug test and handed in the pre-employment sheet they had me fill out.

Trust me when I say the OPA is the least of your worries. I took the OPA in 2017 and never received my score or cared about it and ended up getting hired 5 years later lol. Like Milano said if you speak English you passed. 

6 hours ago, Immortal11 said:

I did mines 12/ 6/22 I'm list # 71##

Just to give everyone a guess on to where they are for medical .. that guy is 700# so they are finally swearing in 7000#s 🕺🏾

Congratulations to everyone finally in the 7000s they’re getting up to our numbers I’m in the 200 level of the 7000s and I did my Pre-employment on the 6th of December as well.

37 minutes ago, Canarsie88 said:

Congratulations to everyone finally in the 7000s they’re getting up to our numbers I’m in the 200 level of the 7000s and I did my Pre-employment on the 6th of December as well.

That's great to hear. My list is 77**, just patiently waiting. 🙏

Hello, I am trying to buy things that I would need for the 1st week of class. I already ordered the work boots and the kaka travel bag. I was thinking of buying two pair of pants and shirt. Which do you guys recommend? Also what color is the pants? Black, navy or dark navy blue?

1 hour ago, zero3012 said:

Hello, I am trying to buy things that I would need for the 1st week of class. I already ordered the work boots and the kaka travel bag. I was thinking of buying two pair of pants and shirt. Which do you guys recommend? Also what color is the pants? Black, navy or dark navy blue?

navy works well for pants, light blue for shirts. I do recommend buying multiple pants and shirts because the uniform will take a while to come in

On 12/13/2022 at 5:45 PM, Lov3 qu33n said:

Might be referring to OPA.  I took mine around that time too. My friend said she got her results approximately 4-5 months after. 

I sent the an email to the exam unit to enquire about my results, they responded that it can take up to six months for results.

Does anyone know if DCAS still manages this list? The last time Transit asked for a certified list was in March. IS there a way to find out when the people who restored their names to the list might be called. It seems unfair to have us wait so long. 

15 hours ago, Harlem said:

Does anyone know if DCAS still manages this list? The last time Transit asked for a certified list was in March. IS there a way to find out when the people who restored their names to the list might be called. It seems unfair to have us wait so long. 

You can email dcas,I believe