Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/20/2022 at 8:32 AM, Reefnets said:

Hello everyone,

I took the 6601 Conductor exam when it first opened up years ago.  And thought they would never contact me even though I had a relatively decent test score.  This year they FINALLY contacted me to take the OPA exam in May.  I guess I did well on the OPA because I was called and texted by NYCT to come in this Tuesday November 22nd for the pre-employment and drug test screening process.  They apparently sent me the application and info I need to bring with me that day to my email address.

However, when I went to take the OPA in May I gave them my new email address and I think I made an error in giving them the new email.  So they probably sent the pre employment application to some random email address that doesn't exist. 

I don't know what to do about getting to that email they sent or if they can send it to my correct current email address.  I've read on here maybe a lady by the name of Olga I could contact?  Or if anyone knows what other direct # I could call to rectify this situation?  I only have a day and a half until I have to go to Livingston St for the pre-employment process.

Please someone help me!!

Just go with the Text message and you'll get access to the building.

18 hours ago, nirv78 said:

I got my pre employment appointment email. Can anyone give a timeline of what will happen for me going forward?? When will I start training and eventually start working. I’ve been waiting 8 years since the exam!!! Looking forward to some useful input on this.

What's your list# if you don't mind me asking? 

On 11/24/2022 at 12:25 AM, Milano said:

You said it like it's gonna happen fast 🤣🤣 at least, that's how I read it 🤪

Hey question for Milano, or comrad. Or any other vets of this topic 

Ok so there basically a 7 month wait after opa... (I'm seeing the trend)

How long is the wait after pre- employment/ drug test until your called for medical ?

Is it another long wait? Do they really call and check to see if you were fired from jobs etc ? 

3 hours ago, Immortal11 said:

Hey question for Milano, or comrad. Or any other vets of this topic 

Ok so there basically a 7 month wait after opa... (I'm seeing the trend)

How long is the wait after pre- employment/ drug test until your called for medical ?

Is it another long wait? Do they really call and check to see if you were fired from jobs etc ? 

it depends, I had to go through pre employment 3 times

First time I didnt get to go to medical

Second time I got called for medical a few days after pre employment (like 1-3 days I dont exactly remember)

Third time it was about a week or so after. They tell you it can be up to 3 months 

I dont know about the job part tbh

2 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

it depends, I had to go through pre employment 3 times

First time I didnt get to go to medical

Second time I got called for medical a few days after pre employment (like 1-3 days I dont exactly remember)

Third time it was about a week or so after. They tell you it can be up to 3 months 

I dont know about the job part tbh

Ok what was the reason you failed pre employment the first 2x ? 

Not trying to be a stickler, but just give us game and tips on what to be ready for.

And mistakes regarding what's in the packet ! Just trying to be ready. 

If we can learn from past mistakes that would be a blessing. !

4 hours ago, Immortal11 said:

Not trying to be a stickler, but just give us game and tips on what to be ready for.

They didn't fail pre employment. You take a drug test during pre employment that expires in 90 days. If they don't get to your number before the 90 days is up it expires and you must do pre employment again 

1 hour ago, SweetTart59 said:

They didn't fail pre employment. You take a drug test during pre employment that expires in 90 days. If they don't get to your number before the 90 days is up it expires and you must do pre employment again 

6 hours ago, Immortal11 said:

They usually call more people than they need at a time just in case some dont accept or something happens during the process

First time they just didnt reach my number 

Second time I was put on medical hold (ended up needing a cpap machine) I got that cleared in time and requested another pre employment reschedule and the third time I finally made it in

If your on the bigger side weight wise get that sleep study asap(I think the cpap shortage is stoll a thing) and any other medical condition you may have make sure youre on top of it with your doctor

In terms of paperwork, if you can pre fill it online do so, that way there wont be any potential mistakes due to penmanship, same with the medical paperwork, make sure everything is ACCURATE

Thats all I can really say, good luck to those still waiting

about to start my 3rd week out on my own and its been a blast so far

On 11/21/2022 at 8:27 PM, nirv78 said:

I got my pre employment appointment email. Can anyone give a timeline of what will happen for me going forward?? When will I start training and eventually start working. I’ve been waiting 8 years since the exam!!! Looking forward to some useful input on this.

-Drug Test

-Medical

-Sworn in

The above 3 CAN take place in one day , but for some of us it took months.  I think they’re still pumping people out, because I swore I saw a new School Car class of Conductors on the platform this morning in Manhattan  

-Start of 12 Month Probation

-School Car

-Posting 

-Completion of School Car

-10 Months of Probation Left

2 hours ago, BigMike85 said:

-Drug Test

-Medical

-Sworn in

The above 3 CAN take place in one day , but for some of us it took months.  I think they’re still pumping people out, because I swore I saw a new School Car class of Conductors on the platform this morning in Manhattan  

-Start of 12 Month Probation

-School Car

-Posting 

-Completion of School Car

-10 Months of Probation Left

yeah theres at least one new class

my classmate ran into our TSS instructor with a new class, we left schoolcar in early nov

On 11/30/2022 at 12:57 PM, Comrade96 said:

yeah theres at least one new class

my classmate ran into our TSS instructor with a new class, we left schoolcar in early nov

There's also an a division class coming out that most of us recently in school car probably will never see