Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AP-MTA said:

Yoooo, question, for the picture OPA part we didn't needs to fill anything up on that second answer sheet with the 10 answer rows right? It was just to speak about the pictures shown to us right lol?

No. The examiner just took mine. Read the info from the sticky note and that’s that. 

20 hours ago, workisforlames said:

How long does it take scheduling to make an appointment to clear a medical Hold? I emailed them a few days ago. Should I just go to 180 Livingston? Thanks in advance 

Call Olha. Don't waste time with email. (If you have everything you need to clear it)

Edited by Milano

8 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Exactly which it doesn't make sense. They probably took their OPA way before those who took it now. So I could have change but I am certain we all didn't just failed because we were told to take the second part and couldn't leave without taking it. I know cause I was seat number 6 and the first 5 we're called up by a interviewer who said that they will be calling everyone by their seat number to take the second part

Because EVERYONE passed the first part. It's that easy. You didn't see anyone miss the second part because no one failed. He said if you did NOT get asked to do the second half, you failed.

Edited by Milano

13 hours ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Oh so I should be good then,What would they say to the other people who weren't gonna be sent to the other room?

When I took mine and passed, I left because I was finished  for the day. 

When I went downstairs there was a woman downstairs who asked “What happens when they take you to the backroom?”  I didn’t have the heart to tell her they gave us more paperwork and told us we’d be proceeding into the next step. 

I told her they were inquiring about if we were vaccinated or not. I didn’t have the heart to break her the bad news. The OPA is Easy. The only real way in my opinion to fail is not pay attention, not understand English and not being able to answer questions someone asks you. 

53 minutes ago, Conductorreadyxx said:

Why a duffle bag??

They don’t want you being grabbed by the train when crossing tracks, so they prefer duffel bags. 

What you SHOULD do is get a duffel bag, because that’s what they want you to do. 

What you SHOULD do is get a backpack, because they give you 500lbs of supplies to carry and they don’t hire bodybuilders, so you can ONLY carry a bag by hand so many times. 

11 minutes ago, BigMike85 said:

They don’t want you being grabbed by the train when crossing tracks, so they prefer duffel bags. 

What you SHOULD do is get a duffel bag, because that’s what they want you to do. 

What you SHOULD do is get a backpack, because they give you 500lbs of supplies to carry and they don’t hire bodybuilders, so you can ONLY carry a bag by hand so many times. 

The reason for they say duffel bag is because you have to carry your bag when you cross the tracks. You can get a backpack, just take it off your back when you have to walk the tracks.

44 minutes ago, Bolo said:

The reason for they say duffel bag is because you have to carry your bag when you cross the tracks. You can get a backpack, just take it off your back when you have to walk the tracks.

Yea imma get a bookbag and just carry it when i need to cause i don't wanna carry a duffle bag all the time.. so a kaka bag is good??

54 minutes ago, Conductorreadyxx said:

Yea imma get a bookbag and just carry it when i need to cause i don't wanna carry a duffle bag all the time.. so a kaka bag is good??

It'll be good for your time during school car. When you're on the road, get something more comfortable.

4 hours ago, Conductorreadyxx said:

Yea imma get a bookbag and just carry it when i need to cause i don't wanna carry a duffle bag all the time.. so a kaka bag is good??as long as the backpack is durable and large enough to carry 2 large books (rule book and Induction book) and your radio, gloves, flashlight and safety vest you should be ok

3 hours ago, Conductorreadyxx said:

What is another good bookbag u would recommend?

This is what I'm using right now. Just like the Kaka bag, you can stow away the straps so they won't hang and you can carry it like a duffel bag.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074SHJ8ZD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

25 minutes ago, Jericho said:

This is what I'm using right now. Just like the Kaka bag, you can stow away the straps so they won't hang and you can carry it like a duffel bag.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074SHJ8ZD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh that's looks good is it comfortable on the shoulders??