Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

17 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Good morning, 

I would like to know when was the last time this list was certified from dcas, it says the last time they reached out to dcas for a list was in March. 

I think the last certification was March. Several people added themselves back to the list but haven’t been called for this reason. Maybe it’ll happen this month.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Anybody in the 7k list number got their OPA results yet?

Bro, do you have any idea how many emails I get, sending me back to this thread.. Thinking I can maybe help someone in the process... Only to find out it's you asking about the OPA for the 21st time? 🤦‍♂️ Relax.. I'm sure you passed it. 🙏

3 hours ago, Milano said:

Bro, do you have any idea how many emails I get, sending me back to this thread.. Thinking I can maybe help someone in the process... Only to find out it's you asking about the OPA for the 21st time? 🤦‍♂️ Relax.. I'm sure you passed it. 🙏

Yea its me being aware of what's going on. So how about you relax 👍. It's called a forum the last time I checked, where you ask about what's going on. You don't like it then don't read the email. 

2 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

Yea its me being aware of what's going on. So how about you relax 👍. It's called a forum the last time I checked, where you ask about what's going on. You don't like it then don't read the email. 

They told us about 2 to 3 months,don't stress it,as long as your not mentally challenged I'm sure you passed.

If you can speak loud and clear, you should get a passing grade on the OPA. Just a waiting game at this point. Now, if you're a low talker that stutters/mumbles, chances are you did not pass the Oral Proficiency. 

That's why they added the OPA part to this test bc you had/got a lot of Conductors that are very hard to understand when they speak. 

19 hours ago, Mohamed said:

See how well you formulated your angry answer to me? Therefore, I'm absolutely certain you passed the opa. It did prompt me to go look at my letter. It took 4 months before I got the letter that said I passed. They actually scheduled me for pre-employment before I got that letter in the mail.

50 minutes ago, Milano said:

See how well you formulated your angry answer to me? Therefore, I'm absolutely certain you passed the opa. It did prompt me to go look at my letter. It took 4 months before I got the letter that said I passed. They actually scheduled me for pre-employment before I got that letter in the mail.

19 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Buddy, you're spamming us expecting us to spend OUR time answering your question that you already asked a week before. You're the one that needs to chill.

That said, coming down the grapevine, Transit will pause their hiring next month to have a better gauge on who doesn't pass schoolcar, quit, get fired, retired, etc. So I would count your lucky stars if you even get a pre-employment letter at all.

20 hours ago, Mohamed said:

This forum doesn't tolerate disrespect how are we supposed to be future co workers if this is how we're going to end up responding to people. Have a good day

31 minutes ago, Jericho said:

That said, coming down the grapevine, Transit will pause their hiring next month to have a better gauge on who doesn't pass schoolcar, quit, get fired, retired, etc. So I would count your lucky stars if you even get a pre-employment letter at all.

I feel like hiring slowed down around this time last year as well, though I could be remembering incorrectly. Has anyone heard anything solid about classes after the one that started on 10/3? I'm just finishing up my 30 days on the CPAP and was going to email them Thursday to make an appointment to come off hold. 

37 minutes ago, TMFQuinn said:

I feel like hiring slowed down around this time last year as well, though I could be remembering incorrectly. Has anyone heard anything solid about classes after the one that started on 10/3? I'm just finishing up my 30 days on the CPAP and was going to email them Thursday to make an appointment to come off hold. 

Keep in mind, it's been a year with a lot of classes graduating since then. Sooner or later, the spout will be closed especially when Transit has to consider hiring off of the promotional exam.

15 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Keep in mind, it's been a year with a lot of classes graduating since then. Sooner or later, the spout will be closed especially when Transit has to consider hiring off of the promotional exam.

This list is active until 2/14/2024 I believe.. and they still have like 500 spots to fill hopefully! 

44 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

This list is active until 2/14/2024 I believe.. and they still have like 500 spots to fill hopefully! 

List extended until 2024.. Very hopeful this time... 9xxx number.. Hope I get called for OPA soon.  Have they started calling for OPA in the 8xxx/9xxx range yet. I'm seeing they started already with the 7xxx range..

Hey guys I have a question I’ve been called in for track worker and do my medical on Monday and I’ve also got called in for cleaner for this position. I want to know if I’ve been called in for cleaner does that mean they won’t be reaching my list number  for this exam ?

1 hour ago, Knorwood said:

Hey guys I have a question I’ve been called in for track worker and do my medical on Monday and I’ve also got called in for cleaner for this position. I want to know if I’ve been called in for cleaner does that mean they won’t be reaching my list number  for this exam ?

From what I've read on here, when you get called for cleaner for Conductor position, it means that your list number "probably" wont be reached in time.

3 hours ago, Cashdiior34 said:

U got any advice on road practical posting now but hearing the practical is one shot deal kinda nervous 

I promise you the Road Practical will be the easiest thing out of everything you did in school car. The Supt are really cool and want to see you pass, it will be 5 stops, which will include 1 overrun, 1 short stop and 1 bypass. Just remember what school car taught you on how to resolve these issues and you're golden. If anything the yard practical is the hardest due to all the things you have to remember and combine all in one shot. Considering you're already posting you're already done and will be out soon. 

On 10/11/2022 at 2:36 PM, Future ENY OP said:

List extended until 2024.. Very hopeful this time... 9xxx number.. Hope I get called for OPA soon.  Have they started calling for OPA in the 8xxx/9xxx range yet. I'm seeing they started already with the 7xxx range..

DCAS still has the list at 2023 though, unless that has yet to be updated.

Edited by Cait Sith

On 10/11/2022 at 1:33 PM, Jericho said:

I'm wondering when will they start back hiring from this list. The forum has been pretty quiet since the 10/3 class started. I had pre employment last month 

On 10/18/2022 at 11:45 PM, Apes said:

I promise you the Road Practical will be the easiest thing out of everything you did in school car. The Supt are really cool and want to see you pass, it will be 5 stops, which will include 1 overrun, 1 short stop and 1 bypass. Just remember what school car taught you on how to resolve these issues and you're golden. If anything the yard practical is the hardest due to all the things you have to remember and combine all in one shot. Considering you're already posting you're already done and will be out soon. 

Absolutely this. The yard practical is difficult for most of us simply because the train isn't moving. I think remembering what direction your supposed to be headed and what side the invisible platform is on... is the hardest part. The rest of it is not too bad. I've seen "second chances" given, but that really depends on how bad you screwed up. From my experience I would say, be an ace on procedure and don't stress announcements too hard - but every TSS is different so take that with a grain of salt.

For your road practical, they keep it moving pretty quick especially because superintendent isn't interested in a- being there all day and b- creating traffic problems on the line.  It felt pretty informal to me and some of us didn't even know what stop we were at so we made it up. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Milano

Seen this message from the Union VP. Don’t know if these numbers are still the same or if the numbers decreased based on recent hires. Please don’t be discouraged, things always change down here 

RTO staffing Numbers for anyone that is interested

Current C/R Shortage 252

Current T/O Shortage 200

627 Members out on Workers Compensation 

Average daily sick calls C/R 260

Average daily sick calls T/O 215

There are scheduled T/O and C/R New Hire Orientation classes from August to November average 40 to 60 new hires per orientation class