Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SweetTart59 said:

Thanks, I guess I just wasn't selected 

I wouldn't give up hope until the list fully expires. I did my medical just about a year ago and still waiting to be called again. Had to get my # restore on the list and like Harlem said, they really are taking forever calling ppl from the new certified list. 

On 11/2/2022 at 7:14 PM, Harlem said:

Does anyone know when this list might be certified again? It hasn't been since March. Seems like many people have added their names back since then but we haven't heard anything. Seven months is a long time. 

This is my same issue. Idk why they havent reached out to dcas for a new list. I have restored my name and now have to wait due to them not requesting a new list

On 11/3/2022 at 4:03 PM, ronZO215 said:

I wouldn't give up hope until the list fully expires. I did my medical just about a year ago and still waiting to be called again. Had to get my # restore on the list and like Harlem said, they really are taking forever calling ppl from the new certified list. 

The issue is that mta is not requesting a new list from dcas. All the people who have now restored our names are waiting for them to contact dcas. Idk why its taking them so long

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I took the 6601 Conductor exam when it first opened up years ago.  And thought they would never contact me even though I had a relatively decent test score.  This year they FINALLY contacted me to take the OPA exam in May.  I guess I did well on the OPA because I was called and texted by NYCT to come in this Tuesday November 22nd for the pre-employment and drug test screening process.  They apparently sent me the application and info I need to bring with me that day to my email address.

However, when I went to take the OPA in May I gave them my new email address and I think I made an error in giving them the new email.  So they probably sent the pre employment application to some random email address that doesn't exist. 

I don't know what to do about getting to that email they sent or if they can send it to my correct current email address.  I've read on here maybe a lady by the name of Olga I could contact?  Or if anyone knows what other direct # I could call to rectify this situation?  I only have a day and a half until I have to go to Livingston St for the pre-employment process.

Please someone help me!!

11 hours ago, Reefnets said:

Hello everyone,

I took the 6601 Conductor exam when it first opened up years ago.  And thought they would never contact me even though I had a relatively decent test score.  This year they FINALLY contacted me to take the OPA exam in May.  I guess I did well on the OPA because I was called and texted by NYCT to come in this Tuesday November 22nd for the pre-employment and drug test screening process.  They apparently sent me the application and info I need to bring with me that day to my email address.

However, when I went to take the OPA in May I gave them my new email address and I think I made an error in giving them the new email.  So they probably sent the pre employment application to some random email address that doesn't exist. 

I don't know what to do about getting to that email they sent or if they can send it to my correct current email address.  I've read on here maybe a lady by the name of Olga I could contact?  Or if anyone knows what other direct # I could call to rectify this situation?  I only have a day and a half until I have to go to Livingston St for the pre-employment process.

Please someone help me!!

There is a link to the pre employment application in the forum, scroll all the way up

19 hours ago, Reefnets said:

Hello everyone,

Please someone help me!!

Doesn't matter, 9 times out of ten they'll find a reason to make you fill out all 30 pages all over again.

Here's a tip - don't print it double sided. I went for two pre-employment for this list and filled that shit out 5 times 🤣

They'll have everything you need at Livingston.  You can print it all out at home and come prepared for them to just tell you to do it again, or you can tell them you never got the information/couldn't reach them on the phone and do it there. 

Regardless, bring a copy of your school and employment history complete with dates and addresses... In case you need to write it over again.  One time I had to list all that shit and I had nothing with me to reference and had to wing it. Don't lie about being fired from a job, they really don't care unless it was for something criminal... And even still I doubt they care. 

Edited by Milano

On 11/7/2022 at 1:15 PM, Mtahopeful121986 said:

The issue is that mta is not requesting a new list from dcas. All the people who have now restored our names are waiting for them to contact dcas. Idk why its taking them so long

Someone told me yesterday MTA cut dcas from the process and they're doing this all on their own...🤷‍♂️

On 11/20/2022 at 8:32 AM, Reefnets said:

Hello everyone,

Please someone help me!!

Hello congrats on making it to pre- employment 1st! Secondly I took my OPA in june.. 1 month after you .. I'm just trying to gage where they are # wise for contacting basically are you in the 6800s 6900s or 7000s? 

I know pre-employment canvassing has been a little slow lately! 

6 hours ago, Milano said:

Someone told me yesterday MTA cut dcas from the process and they're doing this all on their own...🤷‍♂️

Transit doesn't have to hire anyone if they don't want to. The hiring freeze back in 2020 is a great example and there's currently a pause now.

That said, the current certified list called for 500 vacancies and you're all just going to have to wait until that amount is satisfied before they pull a new list.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Transit doesn't have to hire anyone if they don't want to. The hiring freeze back in 2020 is a great example and there's currently a pause now.

That said, the current certified list called for 500 vacancies and you're all just going to have to wait until that amount is satisfied before they pull a new list.

Hello Jericho, what are your sources for saying they've paused ?  I've contacted mta this morning they've canvassed up to number 7000# 

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

What does this even? Arent they in the business of providing a service? Workers aka human beings get old, tired, disabled, sick, injured etc.

1 hour ago, Immortal11 said:

So guessing you found that out today ?why are they still canvassing up to 7000# ? If it's pausing? I'm list no 71## thats why anxiety is building lol.. but mta today told me nothing of a pause.. I emailed the nyctemployment.. email.. 

Pause does not mean completely stop. There's still at least a hundred conductors short.

27 minutes ago, nirv78 said:

I got my pre employment appointment email. Can anyone give a timeline of what will happen for me going forward?? When will I start training and eventually start working. I’ve been waiting 8 years since the exam!!! Looking forward to some useful input on this.

You will fill out the paperwork they emailed you to fill out, and then you will end the day with a drug test, peeing in a cup. Then the drug test is good for 90 days within 90 days then can call you for the medical portion of the process, if you pass the medical you’ll be sworn in the same day and be given a start date of school car.

On 11/21/2022 at 4:16 AM, Milano said:

Doesn't matter, 9 times out of ten they'll find a reason to make you fill out all 30 pages all over again.

Here's a tip - don't print it double sided. I went for two pre-employment for this list and filled that shit out 5 times 🤣

They'll have everything you need at Livingston.  You can print it all out at home and come prepared for them to just tell you to do it again, or you can tell them you never got the information/couldn't reach them on the phone and do it there. 

Regardless, bring a copy of your school and employment history complete with dates and addresses... In case you need to write it over again.  One time I had to list all that shit and I had nothing with me to reference and had to wing it. Don't lie about being fired from a job, they really don't care unless it was for something criminal... And even still I doubt they care. 

Currently waiting at Livingston since 6am.  Only handed in my pre employment application as of now.  Tremendous amount of people are here with so many people running around for many different reasons.  Did not think it would be DMV-esque.

Waiting for them to call my name to do the drug test.  Wish it were a more streamlined process in terms of why each person is here.