Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

Does anyone know what list number they’re up? And how long after OPA to medical if you pass? 

If you looked in the past couple pages, you would've saw that someone who was 63XX was just hired a few days ago.

15 minutes ago, Harlem said:

Anyone had to have their name restored to the list? How long did it take? Once restored will you just be called in for another drug test followed by the medical. Thanks for the help. 

I know someone who restored his name back in May. Another person here restored their name back in April. Right now it's a waiting game to see when Transit will request a new certified list to bring them back.

6 minutes ago, Jericho said:

If you looked in the past couple pages, you would've saw that someone who was 63XX was just hired a few days ago.

I know someone who restored his name back in May. Another person here restored their name back in April. Right now it's a waiting game to see when Transit will request a new certified list to bring them back.

Are you saying the person restored in May hasn't been called for another drug test yet? How often does transit request a certified list? Guess it'll be a long wait. 

2 hours ago, Harlem said:

Anyone had to have their name restored to the list? How long did it take? Once restored will you just be called in for another drug test followed by the medical. Thanks for the help. 

once you get your name restored its another pre employment and then medical after that between 3-90 days

7 hours ago, Junction 21 said:

Took the OPA on Tuesday ….I went through both parts. When do l find out if I psss or was successful.

Maybe it changed since I did it, but you k ow you passed when you left. The OPA is pretty common sense and you’ll know if you passed or failed. 

In part one they play radio recordings and you answer questions based on what you hear. 
in part two they give you a bunch of pictures and ask you what you would do. 

When I took the OPA they then handed me a packed requesting more information from me and said they’d be in touch. 

I also got a letter in the mail that said I passed. 

Edited by BigMike85

19 hours ago, Junction 21 said:

Took the OPA on Tuesday ….I went through both parts. When do l find out if I psss or was successful.

Nice I took mine last wed and i think it's 3 to 6 month waiting period. You also could call the exam unit not sure what the number is and maybe find out if you pass or fail 

On 9/15/2022 at 8:04 AM, BigMike85 said:

You’ll know right then an there if you passed the OPA.  They also send you a letter in the mail. The OPA is one of those things where you KNOW if you passed or failed. 

if you’re unsure if you passed or fail, I’d keep an eye out for a letter in the mail. 

What do you mean ? The instructor lets you know right then and there??? 

12 hours ago, BigMike85 said:

Maybe it changed since I did it, but you k ow you passed when you left. The OPA is pretty common sense and you’ll know if you passed or failed. 

In part one they play radio recordings and you answer questions based on what you hear. 
in part two they give you a bunch of pictures and ask you what you would do. 

When I took the OPA they then handed me a packed requesting more information from me and said they’d be in touch. 

I also got a letter in the mail that said I passed. 

They had us do the first part on a scantron and didnt grade it. Everyone had to stay to do part 2 then we were instructed to leave and look out for an email. 

17 hours ago, Harlem said:

Are you saying the person restored in May hasn't been called for another drug test yet? How often does transit request a certified list? Guess it'll be a long wait. 

Got my name restored back on 4/19 due to not showing up for medical, but didn't show up since I didn't have enough data to clear my med hold(from my first medical appt) at that time smh. Still waiting and Ohla said to keep waiting when I called her a month ago. Gonna try again next week. List# 34xx.

20 hours ago, Harlem said:

The current list requested 500 vacancies back in March. The previous one also requested 500 and that one started last year in August '21 so it looks like seven months. So hopefully, we'll hear something in October.

1 hour ago, ReseeNu said:

Hi, has anyone failed to give enough urine. If so, what was next for you?

I just went in for pre employment today 

did the paperwork, just couldn’t get the urine done. They said to wait on a call.

list number 64**
OPA exam 5/21

pre employment 9/22 (today)

They give you extra water

did the paperwork, just couldn’t get the urine done. They said to wait on a call.

list number 64**
OPA exam 5/21

Hey hope pre employment was cool today.. so u took pre employment 9/22... but when did u get the e-mail ? Trying to see how much of a heads up they give u to come in.. is it a few days or weeks notice?

list number 64**
OPA exam 5/21

Not sure what you mean by wait on a call. As Comrade96 alluded to and per the instructional sheet they should've given you, you are allowed additional time to drink more water and try again when you're ready.

2 hours ago, ReseeNu said:

list number 64**
OPA exam 5/21

I think you have to go see a doctor if you couldn't produce enough urine for the test. It doesn't seem to be something you can just come back in and do. They instruct you to drink water and wait. If you couldn't produce a urine sample it seems a doctor has to certify that you have a medical condition which prevents you from producing sufficient urine. They should have let you drink water and try again. But maybe I'm wrong. Why didn't you drink a lot of water before the test?