B7

R179 8258

Yes but if you could have at least answered the man's question anyway.

Well if I knew I would have answered. Not that he couldn't have asked the question but IDK like I said he could of posted in the random thoughts thread or maybe if a new topic was still created the title should have been more specific like B7 from Flatbush depot.

That's all I'll say in this topic.

lol.... Whenever I lived in Midwood and would try to catch a B7 along Kings Highway, it was practically impossible.  The B82 was far more frequent.  Not even sure why they bother running it to Midwood anyway.... Has reliability gotten any better now that they run out of Fresh Pond Depot?

lol.... Whenever I lived in Midwood and would try to catch a B7 along Kings Highway, it was practically impossible. The B82 was far more frequent. Not even sure why they bother running it to Midwood anyway.... Has reliability gotten any better now that they run out of Fresh Pond Depot?

It still runs like crap with the long headways it has. One of them lines you just dint wait for, it'll come to you eventually lol

It still runs like crap with the long headways it has. One of them lines you just dint wait for, it'll come to you eventually lol

lol. I would say that a line like that is perfect for BusTime.  The S54 is a line that I would usually always just miss, but with BusTime, you have a better chance of catching it.

Odd thing was, I took the (L) to the B35 coming home (instead of the B12), and when we hit kings hwy, due northbound.... Yup, a pair of B7's at the church av stop..... I feel sorry for the poor bastards that were waiting for a B7 south of church at that point & time..... They may as well start walking, or take some alternative.....

Anyway, Yeah, the B7 (all operations) used to run out of flatbush.... Now it's just the trippers.....

Why it went from flatbush to ENY, I simply don't know.....

lol.... Whenever I lived in Midwood and would try to catch a B7 along Kings Highway, it was practically impossible.  The B82 was far more frequent.  Not even sure why they bother running it to Midwood anyway.... Has reliability gotten any better now that they run out of Fresh Pond Depot?

As was said, it comes when it comes, so basically - No.

Sometimes I catch the B7 at the terminal (Halsey), and I'm here to tell you that you will see more buses that come in as B7's going OOS than anything.... Whatever crowds you do see at that first stop, don't be fooled - It's a result of at least 30 mins worth of passengers coming 1-2 at a time....

......Maybe the average passenger doesn't care as long as the bus shows up.

When does the caring of passengers determine whether the MTA decides where to run what bus route out of what depot?

Correct it was originally out of Flatbush, however they didn't have any room for it anymore, so it went to ENY, with trippers out of Fresh Pond, and a tripper out of the Bush. Then went to Fresh Pond in order to ease the load at ENY with room from the opening of Grand Avenue.

The buses are still interlined with the Q54/58 iirc, and that's why many of them go NIS at the terminal. 

In my opinion it should still be based out of ENY, and split with Ulmer Park or Flatbush. However there is no room for it at either depot other than interlined trippers. It was interlined with some B82 and Q24 runs when it was out of ENY.

Archived