Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/12/2020 at 4:44 PM, Skyegirl21 said:

So I’m currently in Transit School and they are very strict about wearing boots . Is that the only footwear we can wear for Station Agent ? No type of sneakers ? If so we have to wear shorts with boots ? 

You can wear boots or shoes while on duty. Either black or brown in color. Station Agent's aren’t issued safety boots at all. So you have to provide your own approved type of footwear.  

Just now, Will-Bx-718 said:

You can wear boots or shoes while on duty. Either black or brown in color. Station Agent's aren’t issued safety boots at all. So you have to provide your own approved type of footwear.  

And also Station Agents aren’t issued shorts, so you aren’t allowed to wear your them. The only titles issued shorts are bus operators. And besides you wouldn’t want to wear shorts in those booths anyway. There’s many hazards you can encounter while in a booth. So you would t want your legs exposed. 

4 minutes ago, Skyegirl21 said:

Hmm ok , will they let me trade for pants then??  Wish they wouldn’t have let me select them.

thank you for being so informative 

You’ll have to contact the uniform company. I’m very surprised that let you choose shorts. Usually only items which are available for your title are allowed to be selected. Unless they’ve changed it allow agents to wear shorts. I haven’t been in a booth in 5 years, and honestly never seen an agent wearing shorts. 

Last summer (I think) they started issuing shorts to clerks, prior to that it was limited to Wayfinders. I got my allotment since TA is paying for them but didn't wear them once. Most of the time the AC is sufficient...and I don't want bare legs in a booth.

They'd be helpful during a dead of summer GO job but even then I feel like a layer of station ick sticks to me so the less exposed skin the better!

4 hours ago, Crozay said:

Anybody know any new info?

If I were to take a wild guess I would speculate processing be it pre-employment or final is probably on hold due to Coronahysteria. You can't socially distance in the holding pen that is the 5th floor at 180 Livingston on a normal day. The waiting room for the drug test is even smaller.

6 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

If I were to take a wild guess I would speculate processing be it pre-employment or final is probably on hold due to Coronahysteria. You can't socially distance in the holding pen that is the 5th floor at 180 Livingston on a normal day. The waiting room for the drug test is even smaller.

I’m assuming the same but hoping not at the same time, obviously being selfish but I understand why this would be the case.

everyone stay safe.

13 hours ago, Crozay said:

I’m assuming the same but hoping not at the same time, obviously being selfish but I understand why this would be the case.

everyone stay safe.

Yeah there won’t be any hiring of any sorts for some time. All nonessential TA workers have been given two weeks off to work from home remotely. 

17 hours ago, Skyegirl21 said:

Yes , a bunch of my classmates selected shorts . I will look into contacting the uniform company when I receive the order 

If it hasn’t happened yet your classes may get postponed. TA doesn’t want more than 10 people in a given small space at any given time. I’m not sure how many people are in your class but I’m sure it’s at least 10 people plus the instructor(s). Right now at 130 Livingston it’s a virtual ghost town as all nonessential employees have been instructed to stay home and work remotely. 

3 minutes ago, Skyegirl21 said:

Well my class was a group of 24 and they split us up into groups of 12 for the remainder of the classes. They told us they’re really trying not to cancel our classes. So I guess we’ll see . I’m hoping for the best . Tomorrow we have our observation day . 

Well if you guys are on observation day you’re almost done with class. All that’s left is two booth take over days, and your final exam. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 6:52 PM, Maican90 said:

Is anyone on here starting class March 30th ?, that is the start date of class for me. I was sworn in today did my fingerprinting and took my picture as the final phase of processing.

I got sworn in on February 21 for the March 30th class. Of course due to the Covid-19 pandemic our class start date was pushed back to April 13 and then that class was postponed till further notice. I’m hoping to soon begin training for the Station Agent position. But of course the safety of everyone involved is above all most important. Let’s all be positive and above all stay safe.

54 minutes ago, nycal30 said:

I got sworn in on February 21 for the March 30th class. Of course due to the Covid-19 pandemic our class start date was pushed back to April 13 and then that class was postponed till further notice. I’m hoping to soon begin training for the Station Agent position. But of course the safety of everyone involved is above all most important. Let’s all be positive and above all stay safe.

A hiring freeze was put in place as of April 21, 2020.

9 minutes ago, Maican90 said:

@Agentant207 Thanks for the update haven't heard anything since class was postponed 

I'm sure at somepoint the class will be rescheduled....We arent doing transactions in the booth right now so it definitely wouldnt be a good time to observe or learn lol Good luck to everyone on this forum...I kno how the waiting game is...I did it for years...your time will come...stay safe!

32 minutes ago, Agentant207 said:

A hiring freeze was put in place as of April 21, 2020.

1 hour ago, nycal30 said:

Yeah right now ain’t nobody being hired for anything. There’s no one barely working at 130 Livingston or anyone at 180 Livingston. Plus there’s no way to practice social distancing up in that waiting area. Once the world opens back up hiring will resume. But I’m not gonna sugar coat it for you, it may be months before that will happen. Right now honestly it’s too much craziness going on in the system as it is, this would be the complete wrong time to start down here. I’d advise to just stay patient and hope for a positive outcome of this pandemic.