Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

17 minutes ago, Agentant207 said:

I'm sure at somepoint the class will be rescheduled....We arent doing transactions in the booth right now so it definitely wouldnt be a good time to observe or learn lol Good luck to everyone on this forum...I kno how the waiting game is...I did it for years...your time will come...stay safe!

All we can do is wait and see how everything unfolds, I know most service has been running on a limited/reduced  schedule, are booths still open ?? Are station agents working their usual hours and days? Just curious how you guys have been affected by this pandemic, what has changed?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Maican90 said:

All we can do is wait and see how everything unfolds, I know most service has been running on a limited/reduced  schedule, are booths still open ?? Are station agents working their usual hours and days? Just curious how you guys have been affected by this pandemic, what has changed?

Barely! Lots of clerks have had to close their booths down because they didn’t have a relief and were about to go into triples. Some booths have just been straight up closed due to no coverage. And lots of office workers are working from home

7 minutes ago, Will-Bx-718 said:

Barely! Lots of clerks have had to close their booths down because they didn’t have a relief and were about to go into triples. Some booths have just been straight up closed due to no coverage. And lots of office workers are working from home

Wowwww, thanks for the insight to be honest I’m definitely in no rush to be out there, and I’ve also been keeping an eye on the number of MTA workers who have fell victim to this outbreak, it’s very sad. Hope everyone is cautious and do their best to keep safe.

6 hours ago, Maican90 said:

Wowwww, thanks for the insight to be honest I’m definitely in no rush to be out there, and I’ve also been keeping an eye on the number of MTA workers who have fell victim to this outbreak, it’s very sad. Hope everyone is cautious and do their best to keep safe.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they sent out a memo stating they’ve put an Absolute Block on any hiring or promotions of any sort, until further notice. I don’t know how that will affect you since you were sworn in, which technically makes you an employee already. But it could be much longer than a while judging by the tone of the bulletin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oysl1gwp7cqw7k7/IMG_3073.jpg?dl=0

Footwear (for when everything opens back up) 

Are ankle height leather boot/shoes allowed? Like a 3-4 lace hole height or is there a min height on boots?

Is there a specific color they have to be? ie.. Black / black laces, Brown etc... 

Is there a specific style they have to be, round toe vs moc toe, smooth leather vs rough or doesn't  matter?

Facial hair: is there a max length? Gotta be short & neat? Or can you look like an unkempt caveman just so long as your polite to customers regardless of how difficult it can sometimes be. 

Thanks & Godspeed to all !! 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard any news about anything relating to training classes. Still anxiously waiting for the postponed Station Agent training class to start. I know nothing has really changed in respect to the reopening of New York City. Pretty much all social distance guidelines remain the same. I'm just wondering how the MTA will determine when to finally restart training? Will they await the somewhat relaxing of social distancing guidelines? Understandingly they are taking extra precaution in keeping everyone safe. Just hoping to hear any bit of news. Of course, as always, keep safe everyone.

On 5/15/2020 at 10:00 PM, nycal30 said:

Has anyone heard any news about anything relating to training classes. Still anxiously waiting for the postponed Station Agent training class to start. I know nothing has really changed in respect to the reopening of New York City. Pretty much all social distance guidelines remain the same. I'm just wondering how the MTA will determine when to finally restart training? Will they await the somewhat relaxing of social distancing guidelines? Understandingly they are taking extra precaution in keeping everyone safe. Just hoping to hear any bit of news. Of course, as always, keep safe everyone.

I understand your anxiousness, but nothing has changed in regards to hiring any wine. That memo I posted in April still stands, no new hires and no new classes. They aren’t even processing promotions at this time either. Also all classes have Ben cancelled until further notice. And as far as reopening no one here could answer that question, as we haven’t been informed of this. The MTA is a state operated agency and thus gets all its orders from the office of the governor. So whenever they do open back up it’ll be under that offices timeline and guidance. I know this sucks and is probably the last thing you want to hear. But if I had to give it a ball park figure I’d say not until after the summer will they start to rehire, maybe even longer it they don’t get the government bailout they’re seeking. 

On 5/17/2020 at 3:47 PM, Will-Bx-718 said:

I understand your anxiousness, but nothing has changed in regards to hiring any wine. That memo I posted in April still stands, no new hires and no new classes. They aren’t even processing promotions at this time either. Also all classes have Ben cancelled until further notice. And as far as reopening no one here could answer that question, as we haven’t been informed of this. The MTA is a state operated agency and thus gets all its orders from the office of the governor. So whenever they do open back up it’ll be under that offices timeline and guidance. I know this sucks and is probably the last thing you want to hear. But if I had to give it a ball park figure I’d say not until after the summer will they start to rehire, maybe even longer it they don’t get the government bailout they’re seeking. 

Thank you for the response. I’m hoping before long we all get back to normal. Any news from MTA would be welcoming news. Even a “don’t worry we haven’t forgotten you”  message from them.  Of course as always the safety of all matters the most.

One thing that is worrying me is that last week I received a letter from NYCERS saying that the application was denied. Reason being that I was not in the “city system on the date of the application.”  I’m hoping that is just a technicality since I haven’t officially started training/working for the MTA NYCT yet. The day of the application was on the day that I was hired.

11 minutes ago, nycal30 said:

Thank you for the response. I’m hoping before long we all get back to normal. Any news from MTA would be welcoming news. Even a “don’t worry we haven’t forgotten you”  message from them.  Of course as always the safety of all matters the most.

One thing that is worrying me is that last week I received a letter from NYCERS saying that the application was denied. Reason being that I was not in the “city system on the date of the application.”  I’m hoping that is just a technicality since I haven’t officially started training/working for the MTA NYCT yet. The day of the application was on the day that I was hired.

Don’t even worry about that letter from NYCERS. It’s just a standard letter sent out when you haven’t been in a working status for more then 60 days. I also got one when I was out sick long term last year. Whenever you start working another application will be sent in by TA, and your pension will start. As far as any news on hiring nothing has changed from my previous posts. At this point nothing is open at 180 Livingston street, except for the medical assessment clinic. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/21/2020 at 2:07 AM, Farha said:

Hello Everyone!! Any new updates? They will restart hiring or not? Which number was running before pandemic?

They are downsizing the title.  They are closing more booths and eliminating all Lunch Relief jobs and changing the times of all the booths and will eventually elilminate the night tour.

I’m deeply sorry to anyone on this list waiting to get hired. Not only is there currently a hiring freeze, but the pick books for winter 2021 released indicate there will undoubtedly be 100’s of job cuts to this position. The layoffs will ensure that no one is called off of this list for a long time...

Edited by SeanH525

2 hours ago, SeanH525 said:

I’m deeply sorry to anyone on this list waiting to get hired. Not only is there currently a hiring freeze, but the pick books for winter 2021 released indicate there will undoubtedly be 100’s of job cuts to this position. The layoffs will ensure that no one is called off of this list for a long time...

Last year in february of 2019, i was called down to 180 livingston street for this position for pre employment. I took the drug test, filled out the 21 page booklet tht they give you home to complete and bring with you for the second time. I havent heard anything since then and i even called a few times after, i was told to just wait for a phone call. Still, to this date, today, nothing. I just wonder sometimes.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/2/2021 at 9:55 AM, Brooklyn one said:

Have anyone been hired then laid off from this forum....is the hiring freeze still in effect? My “your hired” email went to the wrong address so I was just waiting on a class 😞

I have a good feeling they’ll be hiring soon to fill vacancies. Between retirements, covid deaths, and the influx of cash they’ve received from the federal government, I’d say it’s coming sooner rather than later. Hold tight.

On 3/7/2021 at 10:09 PM, SeanH525 said:

I have a good feeling they’ll be hiring soon to fill vacancies. Between retirements, covid deaths, and the influx of cash they’ve received from the federal government, I’d say it’s coming sooner rather than later. Hold tight.

It's my opinion they will no longer fill this title and eliminate it through attrition.  

I always suggest it's good to be optimistic but important to be realistic.  Take other exams, keep your current job, make long term plans, and don't put all your eggs in one basket.   

Technology is eliminating this title through OMNY.  

On 3/9/2021 at 9:31 PM, Late Clear said:

It's my opinion they will no longer fill this title and eliminate it through attrition.  

I always suggest it's good to be optimistic but important to be realistic.  Take other exams, keep your current job, make long term plans, and don't put all your eggs in one basket.   

Technology is eliminating this title through OMNY.  

I think that’s the plan eventually. I had someone at my booth earlier this week that had a start date and an offer sheet though. Before that, my head was exactly where yours was about it lol