Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, MtaSA6600 said:

At the rate their going I don’t believe that they will make it to the end of the list before 12/12/22. I hope they extend it like they did the conductor. Plus I heard they are rehiring everyone that was fired for not taking the COVID vaccination. 

It might be difficult to get people to overturn that decision. The city is already thinking about rehiring other its workers who didn’t follow the mandate back then, but I don’t see this decision passing up in the supreme court. Plus, better for us who want to work for MTA if they don’t end up getting rehired. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Hey everyone, I just registered for the new station agent exam. Can somebody tell me what will be on it and what’s the best way to study for the test? What score do you need to get in order to get hired? Thanks.

Please read the notice of examination as it will answer your question better than we can.

12 hours ago, Jericho said:

Please read the notice of examination as it will answer your question better than we can.

I’m actually concerned about the tricky or difficult questions that show up on the exam. How am I suppose to go in and take the test when there’s no practice for those?

39 minutes ago, 2ride said:

I’m actually concerned about the tricky or difficult questions that show up on the exam. How am I suppose to go in and take the test when there’s no practice for those?

Well, part of the exam includes deductive reasoning. You were not given study materials for the exam. However, you may have at some point in your life heard of an exam that high schoolers are required to take that may be useful for this as well.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Well, part of the exam includes deductive reasoning. You were not given study materials for the exam. However, you may have at some point in your life heard of an exam that high schoolers are required to take that may be useful for this as well.

Do you or anyone else here know of a book that’s useful to help prepare for this exam? I also heard they ask you questions about major places or architectures in NYC, which I’m not so familiar with because I don’t go out to the city that often. 

Edited by 2ride

1 hour ago, 2ride said:

Do you or anyone else here know of a book that’s useful to help prepare for this exam? I also heard they ask you questions about major places or architectures in NYC, which I’m not so familiar with because I don’t go out to the city that often. 

there's no specific book at least not that i know of.  What theyre testing for is on the NOE pdf for this new exam. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...