Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

59 minutes ago, Jdawson said:

Hey all sorry if this question dont belong here but, I received a email from mta saying I was found not qualified for station agent exam 3607 for the reason 
The total percentage of time you selected for the duties you performed during at least one of your jobs exceeded the limit of 100%

I meet all requirements in the application. Does anyone have any input? Thank you 

I also got an email and was found not qualified for the same reason. I definitely meet all the requirements, but at least one of my jobs "exceeded the limit of 100%". Not sure what exactly exceeded the limit of 100% means, can somebody clarify so we can fix this and appeal???? How do I know if it exceeds 100% or if it is below 100%? From what I'm reading I think it has to be exactly at 100% not lower or higher than that. Please someone spread some insight??? 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, PROD said:

I also got an email and was found not qualified for the same reason. I definitely meet all the requirements, but at least one of my jobs "exceeded the limit of 100%". Not sure what exactly exceeded the limit of 100% means, can somebody clarify so we can fix this and appeal???? How do I know if it exceeds 100% or if it is below 100%? From what I'm reading I think it has to be exactly at 100% not lower or higher than that. Please someone spread some insight??? 

I got this email too. And another issue is I can’t see anything in this thread right now.

Edited by 2ride

Hi All,

I also got the same email, text, letter about 3607 as you guys above. I currently work for NYC Ferry and have been the last 3 years so on a majority of the questions from the education and experience test i was able to put 60% or more on. But according to the email and appeal form, you are not able to have 2+ questions with over 60% or more on which is crazy and I assume you guys must have done the same as your current or prior job experience Is also based on 60% or more on more then 2 questions. I did the education and experience test again as per link in the email to appeal their decision so let’s see what happens. I’m debating if I should call or email now or after they send me another not qualified letter 

44 minutes ago, NYCSubwayFanatic16 said:

Hi All,

I also got the same email, text, letter about 3607 as you guys above. I currently work for NYC Ferry and have been the last 3 years so on a majority of the questions from the education and experience test i was able to put 60% or more on. But according to the email and appeal form, you are not able to have 2+ questions with over 60% or more on which is crazy and I assume you guys must have done the same as your current or prior job experience Is also based on 60% or more on more then 2 questions. I did the education and experience test again as per link in the email to appeal their decision so let’s see what happens. I’m debating if I should call or email now or after they send me another not qualified letter 

So If I'm understanding correctly there are 20 experience questions, the total percentage from those 20 must add up to exactly 100%? i.e. If I do 20% on the first 5 questions, I have to put 0% on the rest? Is that how the math works? Let me know if that's the right way doing it. I know we only get one chance to appeal so I already emailed them and I already called them, but I could not get through today. I was on hold for 3 hours :( 

56 minutes ago, PROD said:

So If I'm understanding correctly there are 20 experience questions, the total percentage from those 20 must add up to exactly 100%? i.e. If I do 20% on the first 5 questions, I have to put 0% on the rest? Is that how the math works? Let me know if that's the right way doing it. I know we only get one chance to appeal so I already emailed them and I already called them, but I could not get through today. I was on hold for 3 hours :( 

Honestly I’m not sure. I’m going based off what the the instructions say and it’s very bizarre as I believe if you have or had a job that was a majority of what the questions asked then I don’t see what the issue is with having over 2 questions answered with over 60% or more but that’s just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, NYCSubwayFanatic16 said:

Hi All,

I also got the same email, text, letter about 3607 as you guys above. I currently work for NYC Ferry and have been the last 3 years so on a majority of the questions from the education and experience test i was able to put 60% or more on. But according to the email and appeal form, you are not able to have 2+ questions with over 60% or more on which is crazy and I assume you guys must have done the same as your current or prior job experience Is also based on 60% or more on more then 2 questions. I did the education and experience test again as per link in the email to appeal their decision so let’s see what happens. I’m debating if I should call or email now

Update: I heard quite a few hundred people got the same email as me and you all here so I’m going to assume that they have been busy all day with the same phone calls. I highly suggest you guy do the appeal forum and based on how it’s worded try your best to make everything thing add up to 100% not no more, not no less. I’m hoping for the best for all of us 

Edited by NYCSubwayFanatic16

9 minutes ago, Jdawson said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. So each job needs to add up to 100% or is it all the jobs ? Thank you 

each I believe. The directions aren’t exactly clear but from the looks of it yeah. My apologies on if any of my info is incorrect as it seems so many people are confused about this particular section. Here is the important chunk of the directions:

Review all tasks listed below and identify the percentage of time you performed each task during your work experience.

Percentages when added together, must not exceed 100%. If you did not perform a task then you should select 0%.

If you perform other tasks that are not listed here, total them together and select 'Other tasks' with the total percentage.

PERCENTAGES TOTALING OVER 100%

WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED.

If you select 60% or more on 2+ tasks, you will be found not qualified.

1 minute ago, NYCSubwayFanatic16 said:

each I believe. The directions aren’t exactly clear but from the looks of it yeah. My apologies on if any of my info is incorrect as it seems so many people are confused about this particular section. Here is the important chunk of the directions:

Review all tasks listed below and identify the percentage of time you performed each task during your work experience.

Percentages when added together, must not exceed 100%. If you did not perform a task then you should select 0%.

If you perform other tasks that are not listed here, total them together and select 'Other tasks' with the total percentage.

so i.e. for my first job if I decide to put 20% on the first 5 questions that will total to a 100%. The rest I have to put 0%?? Correct me if I'm wrong. This is just an example

22 minutes ago, PROD said:

so i.e. for my first job if I decide to put 20% on the first 5 questions that will total to a 100%. The rest I have to put 0%?? Correct me if I'm wrong. This is just an example

I wanna say yes. When I redid the education and experience test to appeal their decision I decided to try and just make everything add up to 100. If I had more experience I would put a number higher then one I didn’t have more experience in, then everything my current position doesn’t do I just put 0. My numbers all together were 10/10/20/20/40. I really wish the directions were a little more clear but if I get another email saying the same thing as now then I’m definitely going to call because this is all very frustrating 

Edited by NYCSubwayFanatic16

1 hour ago, NYCSubwayFanatic16 said:

I wanna say yes. When I redid the education and experience test to appeal their decision I decided to try and just make everything add up to 100. If I had more experience I would put a number higher then one I didn’t have more experience in, then everything my current position doesn’t do I just put 0. My numbers all together were 10/10/20/20/40. I really wish the directions were a little more clear but if I get another email saying the same thing as now then I’m definitely going to call because this is all very frustrating 

If I put down 3 jobs, each one has to total to 100 to become 300 or all 3 has to total to 100 only?

Edited by 2ride

2 hours ago, NYCSubwayFanatic16 said:

Not our fault we have a lot of customer service experience. They’re pointing fingers at us just for being truthful/honest?

41 minutes ago, 2ride said:

If I put down 3 jobs, each one has to total to 100 to become 300 or all 3 has to total to 100 only?

honestly I still think maybe 100 for each? It wouldn’t make sense to somehow rack up 100 points for 2 or more jobs as depending on your job history that will be next to impossible 

40 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Not our fault we have a lot of customer service experience. They’re pointing fingers at us just for being truthful/honest?

Lmfaoo I agree. Not trying to toot my own horn but since I currently work in a full transportation based company and my job revolves around so many of the things the questions are asking I found it next to impossible to answer some below 60% since the question is 100% of what is being asked and I’m glad I’m not the only one to think exactly what your saying 

Lol this whole thing is so bizzare to me. The fact that HUNDREDS of people have this same problem means they did a horrible job of explaining it. IMO this shouldn't even matter. We all dished out $50+ on an exam fee, and all have the experience, why make it such a process? Nonetheless I hope they sort this out, or they're going to have a very short class of station agents coming up

Also, I just read the appeal form, and they explain it way better, (again, they shouldve clarified from the start). The total percentage for EACH job must add up to 100% and nothing more. So just make sure for each job you keep it under or at 100%. 

Edited by subway4832

5 minutes ago, subway4832 said:

Also, I just read the appeal form, and they explain it way better, (again, they shouldve clarified from the start). The total percentage for EACH job must add up to 100% and nothing more. So just make sure for each job you keep it under or at 100%. 

I still think that is crazy but hey make sure you all appeal it 

1 hour ago, NYCSubwayFanatic16 said:

I still think that is crazy but hey make sure you all appeal it 

1 hour ago, subway4832 said:

I just redid mine. Hopefully it goes through well this time.

Hey guys, i applied for the exam back in nov 2022 , the exam will be on may 20 2023. any study guides out there? i know some are going to say its just common sense questions but there has to be some materials that we can prepare for. 

what is the pay? what do the shifts look like? do you get to pick which station to work at or do they send you to wherever is needed? 

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 6:57 PM, randomme said:

Hey guys, i applied for the exam back in nov 2022 , the exam will be on may 20 2023. any study guides out there? i know some are going to say its just common sense questions but there has to be some materials that we can prepare for. 

what is the pay? what do the shifts look like? do you get to pick which station to work at or do they send you to wherever is needed? 

thank you!

read the past posts. all the questions are answered there.