Terrorists attack Paris; dozens dead

TheNewYorkElevated

Oh please... Like those terrorists are so culturally sensitive. I'm tired of the whole politically correct BS. That's precisely the problem. The terrorists attack, we say a prayer and all is forgotten until the next attack. I'm actually glad that someone around here is saying what is on their mind and being honest. The fact of the matter is the West is under attack. Our way of life is under attack, and we need to have a serious and FRANK conversation about it. Look at Israel and Palestine. They've been "politically correct" for years now, and NOTHING has been accomplished aside from more suicide bombings, unrest and religious conflict.

This has nothing to do with "politically correct BS". If you think Islam is full of evil, then I really don't know what to tell you. Most Muslims are not extremists. The ones that are do these heinous acts, and are involved in groups such as ISIS or Al-Qaeda. Me, you, and the person next to you would agree to eliminate the terrorist and terrorism, which will continue to grow and escalate if nothing's done. 

It's group like ISIS that cause this sort of phobia towards Muslims. It's a shame that this is the case, since these terrorist represent a minority of all Muslim people. ISIS is killing everyone, including Muslim people not of their sect. They don't represent the values and beliefs of Islam at all. Also, are you kidding me at the fact that he's honest? Do you hear Americans saying "f**k white people" after hearing of college shootings? It may be a stereotype that exists, but truth is most wouldn't pull that off. It's only a select few people that create this whole stereotype. Same thing with this, it's unfortunate this happened, but I'm not going to attack the whole religion because of several retards claiming to follow Islam, when in fact they're not. 

So you believe that all Muslims are terrorists and are of no good, well that's your opinion. Truth is, that is nowhere near true. 

This has nothing to do with "politically correct BS". If you think Islam is full of evil, then I really don't know what to tell you. Most Muslims are not extremists. The ones that are do these heinous acts, and are involved in groups such as ISIS or Al-Qaeda. Me, you, and the person next to you would agree to eliminate the terrorist and terrorism, which will continue to grow and escalate if nothing's done. 

It's group like ISIS that cause this sort of phobia towards Muslims. It's a shame that this is the case, since these terrorist represent a minority of all Muslim people. ISIS is killing everyone, including Muslim people not of their sect. They don't represent the values and beliefs of Islam at all. Also, are you kidding me at the fact that he's honest? Do you hear Americans saying "f**k white people" after hearing of college shootings? It may be a stereotype that exists, but truth is most wouldn't pull that off. It's only a select few people that create this whole stereotype. Same thing with this, it's unfortunate this happened, but I'm not going to attack the whole religion because of several retards claiming to follow Islam, when in fact they're not. 

So you believe that all Muslims are terrorists and are of no good, well that's your opinion. Truth is, that is nowhere near true.

EXCUSE ME, but I don't recall saying any of what you're claiming above. What I said was that we need to stop being politically correct and that we need to have a frank conversation about this subject. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that you did based on that, but what is clear is that you're making assumptions about what that all means.

EXCUSE ME, but I don't recall saying any of what you're claiming above. What I said was that we need to stop being politically correct and that we need to have a frank conversation about this subject. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that you did based on that, but what is clear is that you're making assumptions about what that all means.

I think that was more aimed towards Quill Depot's inexcusable post and the fact that you said you "love [him] because [he] always speaks his mind"

I think that was more aimed towards Quill Depot's inexcusable post and the fact that you said you "love [him] because [he] always speaks his mind"

Yeah well he's entitled to his opinion and that was my point. None of us have to agree with it and that's why I laughed. That's the beauty of living in a FREE society. Just because I laughed at what he said doesn't mean I agree with him, nor did I imply such a thing. My comments about having a frank discussion on the subject has NOTHING do with whether or not I think all people that practice Islam are terrorists, and how BM5 could conclude such a thing shows that he has a reading comprehension problem. I was referring to the conflict between the West vs. Islam in general and how both societies can't co-exist. That is why I used Israel and Palestine as an example. Some people love jumping to conclusions when they don't even know what I'm talking about.

To add insult to injury, someone at the Packers-Lions game yelled "f--k all Muslims" during the moment of silence.

Aaron Rodgers called him out during the post game press conference and is getting all sorts of flak on social media...

Fans are telling him to just shut up and play

Someone else was at the game and tweet that they were booed for chanting "we stand with Paris". Just sick...

Not exactly,and I'm not making assumptions. I really wanna know what this means then:

Oh please... Like those terrorists are so culturally sensitive. I'm tired of the whole politically correct BS. That's precisely the problem. The terrorists attack, we say a prayer and all is forgotten until the next attack. I'm actually glad that someone around here is saying what is on their mind and being honest. The fact of the matter is the West is under attack. Our way of life is under attack, and we need to have a serious and FRANK conversation about it. Look at Israel and Palestine. They've been "politically correct" for years now, and NOTHING has been accomplished aside from more suicide bombings, unrest and religious conflict.

Honest about what, Islam being a cult of evil people? That's clearly what he said.

Not exactly,and I'm not making assumptions. I really wanna know what this means then:

Honest about what, Islam being a cult of evil people? That's clearly what he said.

You have a reading problem.  I already stated (twice now) what I was referring to and even clarified it yesterday in a previous post above, and it had absolutely nothing to do with what Quill said.  I lived in Europe when Spain was attacked by terrorists, so I'm well aware of the situation, far more than you can imagine.  Furthermore, I never stated what my opinion was about Islam, nor how people who practice the religion are viewed.  That's an entirely different topic which I never addressed.  If you were so up on the topic as you claim to be you wouldn't keep asking what I'm referring to.  

You have a reading problem.  I already stated (twice now) what I was referring to and even clarified it yesterday in a previous post above, and it had absolutely nothing to do with what Quill said.  I lived in Europe when Spain was attacked by terrorists, so I'm well aware of the situation, far more than you can imagine.  Furthermore, I never stated what my opinion was about Islam, nor how people who practice the religion are viewed.  That's an entirely different topic which I never addressed.  If you were so up on the topic as you claim to be you wouldn't keep asking what I'm referring to.  

You're post was clearly referencing him. "Speaking what is on their mind and being honest", " Someone around here"?. If you're referencing yourself, then you would've phrased it. You quote my post saying that, in response towards my quote about what Quill said being rather concerning, and you mention that, especially with you're Oh please.. (insert stuff here) sentence. How is anyone not gonna see that, and how do you expect me as to not see it as you defending Qull? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with your first post, but your response towards me afterward indicated that you're were defending his stance. I agree on anything you mentioned in your response that we need to discuss about it, but why did you even bring up that sentence in the first place?

Yes, I read what you mentioned about being in Italy when Spain was bombed. It is totally irrelevant. You "clarification" is irrelevant either, because I'm not addressing that post that you made, I'm addressing a different one. I'm not talking about you laughing at Quill's response and what it implies. I'm talking what you physically wrote in your post afterward that original post.

You're post was clearly referencing him. "Speaking what is on their mind and being honest", " Someone around here"?. If you're referencing yourself, then you would've phrased it. You quote my post saying that, in response towards my quote about what Quill said being rather concerning, and you mention that, especially with you're Oh please.. (insert stuff here) sentence. How is anyone not gonna see that, and how do you expect me as to not see it as you defending Qull? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt with your first post, but your response towards me afterward indicated that you're were defending his stance. I agree on anything you mentioned in your response that we need to discuss about it, but why did you even bring up that sentence in the first place?

Yes, I read what you mentioned about being in Italy when Spain was bombed. It is totally irrelevant. You "clarification" is irrelevant either, because I'm not addressing that post that you made, I'm addressing a different one. I'm not talking about you laughing at Quill's response and what it implies. I'm talking what you physically wrote in your post afterward that original post.

Yes, I was partially referencing him but also talking about the situation in general.  When I said that we need to have a frank and honest conversation about the topic, it meant we as a society need to put our true feelings out there (whether they are politically correct or not) because it is my opinion that this back and forth will continue to go on so long as we are politically correct and don't discuss the true issues behind why these terrorist attacks are happening.  I laughed at Quill's example because he's a kid and doesn't know any better, and in my opinion it's funny because he has a habit of just blurting out whatever he feels like saying.  It's like that elephant that you know is in the room but everyone tries to avoid talking about it.  In that way, yes it is funny, and I don't hold him really responsible for what he said because in a way he's innocent and still learning about the situation.  

I personally thought that despite everyone jumping on Quill about how inappropriate he was, that at least he had the balls to say what was on his mind.  Adults that are involved in this ongoing saga can't do that and it's my opinion that if the differences were aired out, that perhaps we wouldn't have the amount of back and forth in terms of killings, etc. that we've had.  These terrorists were also once like Quill (kids) who clearly had different opinions and feelings and kept them inside and now they've become adults that have turned to killing innocent people as a way of dealing with those feelings. My question to you is which is worse?  Being politically incorrect and saying something that may be offensive to others, or being politically correct but then keeping those feelings pent up until they result in people being actually killed?  Quill can always apologize for his comments, but those terrorists can't take back the lives of those people that were killed.

Yes, I was partially referencing him but also talking about the situation in general.  When I said that we need to have a frank and honest conversation about the topic, it meant we as a society need to put our true feelings out there (whether they are politically correct or not) because it is my opinion that this back and forth will continue to go on so long as we are politically correct and don't discuss the true issues behind why these terrorist attacks are happening.  I laughed at Quill's example because he's a kid and doesn't know any better, and in my opinion it's funny because he has a habit of just blurting out whatever he feels like saying.  It's like that elephant that you know is in the room but everyone tries to avoid talking about it.  In that way, yes it is funny, and I don't hold him really responsible for what he said because in a way he's innocent and still learning about the situation.  

I personally thought that despite everyone jumping on Quill about how inappropriate he was, that at least he had the balls to say what was on his mind.  Adults that are involved in this ongoing saga can't do that and it's my opinion that if the differences were aired out, that perhaps we wouldn't have the amount of back and forth in terms of killings, etc. that we've had.  These terrorists were also once like Quill (kids) who clearly had different opinions and feelings and kept them inside and now they've become adults that have turned to killing innocent people as a way of dealing with those feelings. My question to you is which is worse?  Being politically incorrect and saying something that may be offensive to others, or being politically correct but then keeping those feelings pent up until they result in people being actually killed?  Quill can always apologize for his comments, but those terrorists can't take back the lives of those people that were killed.

In that case (underlined) I do agree with you.We need an honest back and forth where both sides(anti-Islam and pro-Islam) can both discuss their opinions and clarify their positions in a respectful manner.I don't like the people who think this way but I am still willing to talk with them and attempt to see what they are saying even If I don't agree with it...

"If you do not know your opponent's position, then you don't know your position either"

And 100% agree with that part I bolded, that's the elephant in the room.

Should we attempt to help such a kid or are they too dangerous and too far gone?

Archived