R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

2 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

And exactly where is it written they have to be on the TA roster to run on TA tracks? or are you just assuming?

Because there have been times when transit has had duplicate numbers on active cars. 

Say, for example the ex BMT Gate/Q cars and the Arnines. When they were Q cars, the surviving gate car set was numbered 1622. Same number as an R7A. And guess what, when those Q cars were on their last legs... on the Myrtle Avenue El... guess who they were sharing tracks with... on the section still in service today? 

as for the 211S, all movements of these cars will be done under General Orders and under a GO, you can basically do whatever you want within reason.

I think that some of these posters have no clue about the procedure, zero, nada and are just making assumptions. I know that the Sperry car operated on NYCT trackage for 25+ years and it damn sure wasn’t on the NYCT roster. I’m talking about the Sperry Rail car and not the TGO cars. I think that my buddy from Maspeth, Bill, RTOman, yourself , DTC, and a few other people understand what I’m trying to point out. Carry on 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

I think that some of these posters have no clue about the procedure, zero, nada and are just making assumptions. I know that the Sperry car operated on NYCT trackage for 25+ years and it damn sure wasn’t on the NYCT roster. I’m talking about the Sperry Rail car and not the TGO cars. I think that my buddy from Maspeth, Bill, RTOman, yourself , DTC, and a few other people understand what I’m trying to point out. Carry on 

1. You could have quoted me in this instead of talking about me in the 3rd person.

2. No offense, but you’ve been retired for a while so you wouldn’t know what I was talking about. I was referring to the tracking system NYCT uses, specifically B divisions where everything has to be assigned an ID number to track properly in the system,

37 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

1. You could have quoted me in this instead of talking about me in the 3rd person.

2. No offense, but you’ve been retired for a while so you wouldn’t know what I was talking about. I was referring to the tracking system NYCT uses, specifically B divisions where everything has to be assigned an ID number to track properly in the system,

Just so we understand each other better. I wasn’t talking about you, period. I was talking about anything operating on NYCT tracks from the original subway up until the present. You seem to be focusing on today’s operations specifically whereas I am talking about Identifying anything moving along any line at any time. That’s what dispatchers and tower operators have done since day one. Furthermore the Sperry Rail car is not on the transit roster, nor is the Sperry unit that operates on the LIRR occasionally. That’s my point. I’m happily retired but I still have connections with my friends in RTO, CED, and Operations and Planning. Go back and re-read the statement that Kamen Rider made asking about where it was written about operating on NYCT tracks. I was agreeing with the point. Carry on.

Edited by Trainmaster5
Context

1 hour ago, Trainmaster5 said:

I always say that history, experience and BETTER direct source always trumps over autopilot assumptions. Salute to Sperry.

58 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

LMFAO! Needed that attention that much, huh?

22 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

Just so we understand each other better. I wasn’t talking about you, period. I was talking about anything operating on NYCT tracks from the original subway up until the present. You seem to be focusing on today’s operations specifically whereas I am talking about Identifying anything moving along any line at any time. That’s what dispatchers and tower operators have done since day one. Furthermore the Sperry Rail car is not on the transit roster, nor is the Sperry unit that operates on the LIRR occasionally. That’s my point. I’m happily retired but I still have connections with my friends in RTO, CED, and Operations and Planning. Go back and re-read the statement that Kamen Rider made asking about where it was written about operating on NYCT tracks. I was agreeing with the point. Carry on.

What more can I say? It should be easy to understand that not everything in the system is trackable and has to be in public rosters.

Regarding the shared numbering, 'who cares' when they are different builds/fleet statuses/divisions anyways, in my opinion.

Edited by Metro CSW

3 minutes ago, Metro CSW said:

I always say that history, experience and BETTER direct source always trumps over autopilot assumptions. Salute to Sperry.

LMFAO! Needed that attention that much, huh?

What more can I say? It should be easy to understand that not everything in the system is trackable and has to be in public rosters.

Regarding the shared numbering, 'who cares' when they are different builds/fleet statuses/divisions anyways, in my opinion.

Not at all, but since you gave it, thank you so much!

26 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

My apologies, I read it the wrong way. No hard feelings good sir.

3 hours ago, Ale188 said:

From what I've seen last March, it looks like to me, when a train has propulsion issues, it takes not too much time, about 1-2 months. So the source is me. I might be wrong though. Correct me if I am.

Last March??????

basically, we don't need the R211Ss in the NYCT roster because they don't need to be tracked. They will have a specific spot in the yard where they will be parked, and they will move at specific times to and from specific places as outlined in the General Orders under which they will be tested. 

Every time an SIR car needed work that required it to be brought to Coney Island in the last few years, the car was offloaded at on the SBK and brought to the yard via diesel down the west end line. It did not need to be put on Transit's roster during it's stay. 

39 minutes ago, ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ said:

Is the R211 rlly gonna be out for several weeks or even a month? At this point, I understand there are expected to be issues to work out and what not, but *that* would be my breaking point.

it might be, considering its been out for a bit

12 hours ago, ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ said:

Is the R211 rlly gonna be out for several weeks or even a month? At this point, I understand there are expected to be issues to work out and what not, but *that* would be my breaking point.

We need to be patient with the r211's.

In the meantime, I think that the MTA needs to have a contingency plan with the r46's, which are overused and in bad shape.

All CI r68's should be used on the N/Q during the weekends. No Pitkin/207 r179's should be stored during the weekends. Since ENY got more r179's than originally planned, it would be a good idea for ENY to temporarily loan 3-4 eight car r179's to the C until the pilot plus 2-3 production r211's are in Service.

This plan would allow the worst performing r46's to run less often.

14 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

We need to be patient with the r211's.

In the meantime, I think that the MTA needs to have a contingency plan with the r46's, which are overused and in bad shape.

All CI r68's should be used on the N/Q during the weekends. No Pitkin/207 r179's should be stored during the weekends. Since ENY got more r179's than originally planned, it would be a good idea for ENY to temporarily loan 3-4 eight car r179's to the C until the pilot plus 2-3 production r211's are in Service.

This plan would allow the worst performing r46's to run less often.

I agreed with you bro, The MTA should of put the r46's on the (B) now on weekdays so they wont be used too often on 24/7 lines like (A)(N)(Q) lines.

34 minutes ago, Metro CSW said:

Haa, that's just one set out of the 60 more in the building's facility line and the many more coming from Japan as we speak. Next.

Well, I was just showing what's at the lot rn, so...I'm not saying you're wrong. It's just I found pics and I wanted to show them. That's all.

1 hour ago, JayJay85 said:

I agreed with you bro, The MTA should of put the r46's on the (B) now on weekdays so they wont be used too often on 24/7 lines like (A)(N)(Q) lines.

It makes sense.

However, the issue with the B getting the r46's is that Concourse prefers the r68's for both the B/D plus Concourse can't handle more than 1 fleet.

That is why the B/D will get r211's after the A/C in addition to the fact that the r68's wont be able to stay on the B/D due to 8th Avenue CBTC.

3 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

It makes sense.

However, the issue with the B getting the r46's is that Concourse prefers the r68's for both the B/D plus Concourse can't handle more than 1 fleet.

That is why the B/D will get r211's after the A/C in addition to the fact that the r68's wont be able to stay on the B/D due to 8th Avenue CBTC.

Concourse can handle more then 1 fleet, what are you talking about..

And you don't know the assignments of the r211 so stop it