R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, U-BahnNYC said:

Best case scenario we have 12-15 R211s in (A) service by end of year? Would that mean the R46s start dropping off the (A)(C) by year's end?

You grew up on the (A) and (C) lines, right? I read a lot of your posts before and now. I can tell you seem to be the most passionate since both lines finally got new cars in recent years.

I think the R46s will be gone from Pitkin sometime next year by either Spring or Summer.

4 hours ago, Jemorie said:

You grew up on the (A) and (C) lines, right? I read a lot of your posts before and now. I can tell you seem to be the most passionate since both lines finally got new cars in recent years.

I think the R46s will be gone from Pitkin sometime next year by either Spring or Summer.

I'd rather say 2025

10 hours ago, Jemorie said:

Yes I spent many years commuting on the R46s but those cars are in terrible condition now. Add to that the anxiety of being locked on a 75-footer with no emergency intercom and no way to move between cars, I cannot wait to see the R46s leave the (A)(C) for good. 

45 minutes ago, U-BahnNYC said:

Yes I spent many years commuting on the R46s but those cars are in terrible condition now. Add to that the anxiety of being locked on a 75-footer with no emergency intercom and no way to move between cars, I cannot wait to see the R46s leave the (A)(C) for good. 

Understood.

14 hours ago, Ale188 said:

I'd rather say 2025

If they continue with two a month for the rest of the year, we'll have 13 R211s in service. If they can get to three trains per month next year (which I could have sworn I read somewhere but can't find right now), then we could have 49 R211s in service by the end of 2024. Pitkin has 44.5 trains of R46s assigned.

3 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

If they continue with two a month for the rest of the year, we'll have 13 R211s in service. If they can get to three trains per month next year (which I could have sworn I read somewhere but can't find right now), then we could have 49 R211s in service by the end of 2024. Pitkin has 44.5 trains of R46s assigned.

I dont think either transit or kawasaki were ever that ambitious for 3 full sets a month

15 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I rode the r211's yesterday, and you guys are right in terms of the announcement. It sounded really muffled and difficult to understand.

Other than that, it was a smooth and fast ride.

Sound file slowly becoming more corrupt each upload, strange how the R179 doesn't sound as bad, but maybe it's got something to do with the different sound systems or whatever.

News flash: We are over 1/5 done with the base order. We are about 22% done with it, so here is my diagram to prove so:

Cars in service:

R211A: 4060-4099, 4110-4129, 60 cars or 6 10-car sets

Total number of cars in service: 60

Deliveries: Green text = Completed

R211A: 4060-4154, 95 cars or 9 10-car sets and 1 5-car set

R211T: 4040-4059, 20 cars or 2 10-car sets 

R211S: 100-104, 1 5-car set

Total number of cars delivered: 120

Cool, It's just growing!

Edited by Ale188

With 4150-4154 on property and 4155-4159 will come soon later either next month, the first A-car unit, 4150 is the start of the past R40 slant unit that was on the subway system back then. And, to note, for now, no R46s are on retirement (just now) but a few AA sets that are at Pitkin Yard are in-storage. 

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

With 4150-4154 on property and 4155-4159 will come soon later either next month, the first A-car unit, 4150 is the start of the past R40 slant unit that was on the subway system back then. And, to note, for now, no R46s are on retirement (just now) but a few AA sets that are at Pitkin Yard are in-storage. 

Welp, that puts an end to R211s having the old R38 fleet then.

On 9/28/2023 at 6:45 PM, Calvin said:

On the roster thread, since number plates get recycled into new train cars, I only used new tech trains with older SMEEs