R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

17 minutes ago, 4P3607 said:

(North)4114-4110 + 4125-4129(South) has returned to service, currently heading uptown to 207th at Broad Channel at 12PM.

Edit: (Sorry for editing all the time, I often remember to add more info just after posting);

It just occurred to me that 4125-4129 was previously linked with 4070-4075. This means an additional 5-car set has been returned to service, not a full 10-car train. 

Just one error...4070-74,not 70-75. That's 6 cars.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/3/2023 at 10:18 PM, Vulturious said:

The vibe of the video of the R211T along Astoria especially at a rehabilitated station makes this look sick honestly. 

Even though the (N)(W) aren't scheduled for any form of New Tech from what we know, the signage looks like eye candy. Can't wait to see NTTs on Astoria again during weekends (will definitely help with the sign changing).

10 hours ago, Storm said:

Even though the (N)(W) aren't scheduled for any form of New Tech from what we know, the signage looks like eye candy. Can't wait to see NTTs on Astoria again during weekends (will definitely help with the sign changing).

But there is no sign changing on weekends.  I agree though that they should run them on the N/Q on weekends with cars from the B.

10 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Pics of new features added to the R211 in the reddit thread below, looks pretty cool.

Finally, all though the mta should’ve studied such features years before the 211’s entered service, it’s kinda too late to introduce such feature “Again” 

19 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Pics of new features added to the R211 in the reddit thread below, looks pretty cool

Interesting to note that 4130-4134 has these features on while 4135-4139 in the same consist doesn't. I rode 4139 last night and did not see the additional features displayed. 

20 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

Finally, all though the mta should’ve studied such features years before the 211’s entered service, it’s kinda too late to introduce such feature “Again” 

They can still do that at any time they wish. They can even do that on older NTTs. When R142s 6301-7080 was assigned to the (2) & (5), they had separated strip maps. Now 6301-7130 have the combined (2) & (5) strip maps. On the R160s they introduced electronic ads and yellow poles. Now ALL NTT cars have them. R(142A) 188s introduced ️ and ♦️ in green & red, matching those on the R62As. They’re found in cars 7501-7505+7506-(7927)-7510

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

They can still do that at any time they wish. They can even do that on older NTTs. When R142s 6301-7080 was assigned to the (2) & (5), they had separated strip maps. Now 6301-7130 have the combined (2) & (5) strip maps. On the R160s they introduced electronic ads and yellow poles. Now ALL NTT cars have them. R(142A) 188s introduced ️ and ♦️ in green & red, matching those on the R62As. They’re found in cars 7501-7505+7506-(7927)-7510

Let's also not forget the R143 strip maps changing from only the (L) route and stations to including that along with the (J)/(Z) route and stations.

3 hours ago, Vulturious said:

Let's also not forget the R143 strip maps changing from only the (L) route and stations to including that along with the (J)/(Z) route and stations.

They were also used on the OPTO (M) Route as well from 2001-2007 until the first R160As were assigned to the (J) & (Z) line

On 11/11/2023 at 12:34 PM, 4P3607 said:

Interesting to note that 4130-4134 has these features on while 4135-4139 in the same consist doesn't. I rode 4139 last night and did not see the additional features displayed. 

Eventually all the production including the pilot with have all the new features once all the R211A base order is complete. It’s the same how they did it with R62A, R188, R142 and R143. 

2 hours ago, Vulturious said:

image0.png?ex=65666d9e&is=6553f89e&hm=9f

Not my photo, credit to EON (emperorofnyc)

Apparently, this happened the whole route along with doors trying to open on the wrong side at every stop, too. 

This explains why at one point I witnessed it return with all of the announcements abruptly off. 

Also, this set and 4114-4110+4129-4125 ran overnight all night into AM Rush again. Safe to say they'll run them at any time now. 

46 minutes ago, 4P3607 said:

This explains why at one point I witnessed it return with all of the announcements abruptly off. 

Also, this set and 4114-4110+4129-4125 ran overnight all night into AM Rush again. Safe to say they'll run them at any time now. 

What happened to fleet 4070-4074 since that one was attached with 4125-4129 first when it returned.

the sides are pre-programmed. They are not connected to the MDC or the door enabler system. We have no control over which sides they show up on. It's baked in. When I got to take the 211Ts on a test drive two weeks ago, the system lit up correctly for the program we selected, and here comes me, opening the other side doors. 

57 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

the sides are pre-programmed. They are not connected to the MDC or the door enabler system. We have no control over which sides they show up on. It's baked in. When I got to take the 211Ts on a test drive two weeks ago, the system lit up correctly for the program we selected, and here comes me, opening the other side doors. 

Sort of unrelated, though not really either, but from your personal experience was your time on the R211T better than when you conducted the R211A? Only asking this cause you rarely hear much of any unfortunate news about the T's compared to what the A's are dealing with.

1 hour ago, R32 3838 said:

4200-4204 spotted fully built at the Kawasaki plant with others wrapped up ready for delivery

Yeah they have not stopped cranking them out, just holding all of them there until the gear box matter is under control, maybe when they get the green light deliveries could come weekly for a while.  

2 hours ago, MJHmarc said:

Yeah they have not stopped cranking them out, just holding all of them there until the gear box matter is under control, maybe when they get the green light deliveries could come weekly for a while.  

It’s a possible they might deliver 2 of the 5 car sets per week. Which will be a total of 40 cars per month. That will increase the burning Testing to possible 3 or maybe 4 per month to make up for the delays. Since right now they have 25 cars that still haven’t been doing any burning testing yet. 

17 hours ago, slantfan4281 said:

When are all the base order and SIR cars planned to be delivered by?

The S variant all depends on when the R211S goes in service first which they said Spring 2024. As for the Other "A" variants. Should resume soon depending on the current state with the gearbox issues.