Department of Subways - Proposals/Ideas

What the hell is your (C) fetish? Send it to Broadway Junction with the (J) , Church Avenue, now Coney Island? Lets not forget that (C) to Metropolitan Avenue but signed as an (M). Is getting stupid. What's next, send te (C) to Jamaica-179 street via QBL Express?

It was really done to drive home the point that it won't be for some time to come before ANY changes are made along the 8th Avenue line, and if there are, it won't be until the new Hudson Yards buildings open in a few years at the earliest, something people missed.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was really done to drive home the point that it won't be for some time to come before ANY changes are made along the 8th Avenue line, and if there are, it won't be until the new Hudson Yards buildings open in a few years at the earliest, something people missed.

Please stop....

newdoublefacepalm.jpeg

Hudson yards are going to have ZERO effect on 8th ave , get that trough your thick head.

So if you are gonna have the  (G)  connect to the IND Queens Boulevard line, might as well restore it's former service to Forest Hills. 

If you can convince the (MTA) to switch back to the rigid 1950's service pattern (even if only for Forest Hills) then it would actually be possible to send the (G) back up there again.

Edited by Vistausss

So if you are gonna have the  (G)  connect to the IND Queens Boulevard line, might as well restore it's former service to Forest Hills. 

Impossible.

Capacity problems @ Forest Hills. Introduction of the 63rd Street connector and the original (V) along with the (F) reroute forced operation planners to make the controversial decision to cut back (G) service from Forest Hills to Court Square, which are all factors. Now we have the combo BMT Eastern Div Lcl/IND QBL Lcl via 6th Ave called the (M). Of course we have the (R)

How can we have all three local services terminate at Forest Hills? The (G), the (M) and the (R) ? It is not realistically possible even if the MTA wanted to. You do the math on the TPH max that Forest Hills can handle, since I did it yesterday already..

Edited by realizm

No, no, no, if he did that there would be a subway line going though every street and every avenue in Manhattan!

...... with a (7) extension from who the hell knows where to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania  for dual subway service with SEPTA.

Edited by realizm

...... with a (7) extension from who the hell knows where to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania  for dual subway service with SEPTA.

LMAO.

It'll probably start at SI and through the yet-to-be-finished subway tunnel (the one with the bellmouth at Owl Heads Park) and then via South Ferry using a new level with a new express track via an el to the closest possible point where it can switch onto the current (7) track. Then via TSQ to NJ using a new express track in the PATH tunnel via Newark. The Trenton line from NJT would be converted for subway usage and the (7) will utilise that track to reach Philadelphia where it utilises the closest SEPTA line to downtown PA.

If you can convince the (MTA) to switch back to the rigid 1950's service pattern (even if only for Forest Hills) then it would actually be possible to send the (G) back up there again.

I wonder how bad the delays on QBL would've been back in the days of deferred maintenance.

Seriously you are gonna piss off a lot of subway riders like this.  (L) truncated to Broadway Junction and (B) to Canarsie? That's gotta be one of the silliest ideas I have ever heard  :lol: . And I live by Fresh Pond Road and I do not want the  (J) to replace the  (M)(J)  is fine the way it is and the  (M) reroute to Forest Hills to replace the  (V) also helped me get to Times Square without having to transfer to the  (N)  or  (Q) . And a  (9)  resurrection and an 8 train is crap. The IRT 7th avenue line is fine the way it is and the Lexington Avenue Line also is fine the way it is. Also you're eliminating the Brighton Line Express. I'm not gonna lie but I thought it wouldn't be needed earlier when I posted a  (B) reroute but I realized the Brighton Express is needed and my idea was crap. Also you can't have the  (G)  terminate at Queens Plaza. It would disrupt service  at the station since it would layover and have to switch tracks. It's better if you just restored it to Forest Hills-71 Avenue like it used to. And  (M) train on 2nd Avenue and Broadway line? Even a proposal of QJT to merge B13 and Q67 (which made no sense of course) is more believable than that  :lol:. And also  (A) to Jamaica-179 Street and  (B) to Inwood and  (F) to WTC? I bet you'll get sued. Wait a minute  (C)  train to Coney Island? This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. I suggest you study the NYC Subway system or else you are gonna get bashed a lot. And those are like half of the flaws I pointed out.

If you call this "constructive", then you have issues.

It's not constructive per se, but it's at least a bit better than some of qjtransitmaster's posts <_<

And yeah, those delays back in the days must've been pretty bad... or not. The speed was also higher with stop-at-sight still in place.

I wonder how bad the delays on QBL would've been back in the days of deferred maintenance.

If you call this "constructive", then you have issues.

Again I was harsh but I never made any direct insults to the OP. Saying an idea is crap/silly isn't bashing. It shows that the idea made no sense whatsoever. Criticism like that helped me so there was nothing wrong with what I said. Sometimes you have to be a bit harsh instead of cutting slack to help the OP learn that this idea would not do well for NYC.

LOL and I thought QJT's proposed bus routes were insane!

I don't think you'll see any changes for now.  I suspect you will see some changes as the new buildings on the Hudson Yards go up and are actually operational in a few years.

That would be when I would be looking to do a move of the (C) to the Culver line after West 4th, running with the (F) with the (F) (as a Culver Local) shortened to Church Avenue and the (C) (as a Culver express) replacing it to Coney Island (except overnights, when the (F) would run as it does now) while the (E) replaces the (C) as a local in Brooklyn to Euclid (though some (E) 's would run to Chambers as they do now to avoid capacity issues in rush hours and overnights would be extended to Lefferts to replace the overnight shuttle) with a 2-5 TPH supplemental (K) line replicating the old (AA) between Chambers and 168th for those in lower Manhattan looking for the upper west side local stations (weekends, the (K) would be a 2-6 TPH line since the (B) does not run then).

By the times those buildings in the Hudson Yards go up, I suspect you will see a demand for 8th Avenue service from the Culver line as some companies are already as I understand it committed to moving there when those buildings open, with an increased demand overall for 8th Avenue service.  By then, hopefully there will be enough subway cars available to handle such.

I don't think you'll see any changes for now.  I suspect you will see some changes as the new buildings on the Hudson Yards go up and are actually operational in a few years.

That would be when I would be looking to do a move of the (C) to the Culver line after West 4th, running with the (F) with the (F) (as a Culver Local) shortened to Church Avenue and the (C) (as a Culver express) replacing it to Coney Island (except overnights, when the (F) would run as it does now) while the (E) replaces the (C) as a local in Brooklyn to Euclid (though some (E) 's would run to Chambers as they do now to avoid capacity issues in rush hours and overnights would be extended to Lefferts to replace the overnight shuttle) with a 2-5 TPH supplemental (K) line replicating the old (AA) between Chambers and 168th for those in lower Manhattan looking for the upper west side local stations (weekends, the (K) would be a 2-6 TPH line since the (B) does not run then).

By the times those buildings in the Hudson Yards go up, I suspect you will see a demand for 8th Avenue service from the Culver line as some companies are already as I understand it committed to moving there when those buildings open, with an increased demand overall for 8th Avenue service.  By then, hopefully there will be enough subway cars available to handle such.

What the hell did I just read because none of that made sense. And seriously C train to Coney Island and F truncated to Church Avenue? The C train's purpose is to essentially be a local A. Sending C s to Coney Island would destroy that purpose. And F train truncation to Church Avenue? I think it's more likely the MTA builds a subway from New York to Los Angeles than that happening. (Couldn't use emoticons because of the stupid limits)

Lol 4 lines down 7thAv, good ol days, C to Coney? Lmao

(C) to CI? Yeah I know, that's really bugged out.

(C) to CI? Yeah I know, that's really bugged out.

See above comments.

He talks about his precious Hudson Yards like it's gonna be the ONLY busy part of the city once it opens.....

I'm surprised he did'nt talk about the (F) from the Hillside Ave Line to Hempstead via a LIRR miracle on FRA requirements or something.

All good, dude's got a vivid imagination.

Horse just needs some of these. Afterwards he will be good....

ritalin71.jpg

I don't think that will solve the problem. Ritalin is more to get one to calm their tits, not so much to calm their imagination. Vicodin on the other hand would come in handy for him...