Governor Cuomo Announces Significant Upgrade of MTA Bus Fleet, With More Than 2,000 New State-of-the

Around the Horn

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it looked metrocard yellow...

I was wondering what's with the new blue, yellow(gold) scheme?  Are those NY's new colors?  I mean think about, these colors will soon be flooding the streets and literally be changing the landscape of NYC.  I'm all fr new livery, but this seems rushed, chosen by the governor and looks more like high school colors.  Why not have a few schemes and let the people decide?

I was wondering what's with the new blue, yellow(gold) scheme?  Are those NY's new colors?  I mean think about, these colors will soon be flooding the streets and literally be changing the landscape of NYC.  I'm all fr new livery, but this seems rushed, chosen by the governor and looks more like high school colors.  Why not have a few schemes and let the people decide?

MetroCard "Yellow" is also Gold. When it was introduced, it was known as MetroCard Gold. Due to the free transfers and other things as opposed to the original, Blue, MetroCard.

Agree with you that this may not be most elegant of liveries and a little more thought should have been put in to designing something soon to be so ubiquitous, but blue and gold have been the official colors of NYS for an incredibly long time. That's why we get the hideous license plates and so many other things in that color combo.

• 1 month later...

[Taken from Page 1: Credit- Around The Horn]

Digital information screens will also provide customers with travel information to reduce anxiety about missing stops and better enable customers to plan and arrive at their destinations on time. Buses will have two to three LCD screens mounted inside the bus, displaying everything from automated stop announcements, available transfers at each stop, news, weather and advertising as well as real-time communication from the bus command center.

My guess is that the digital information screens will come in 2017 with the (MTA) NYCT delivery?

Digital information screens will also provide customers with travel information to reduce anxiety about missing stops and better enable customers to plan and arrive at their destinations on time. Buses will have two to three LCD screens mounted inside the bus, displaying everything from automated stop announcements, available transfers at each stop, news, weather and advertising as well as real-time communication from the bus command center.

My guess is that the digital information screens will come in 2017 with the (MTA) NYCT delivery?

From what I hear there's gonna be some testing soon with the digital screens that will involve the M15, S79, and B46 SBS before it's spread elsewhere.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/45507-mtas-new-on-board-audio-visual-system/page-3

• 4 weeks later...

Archived