ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

A div we only got one SMEE and one new tech.  both types of trains has an "A" model.  so totally 4 trains technically if u know what i mean.  our YX got cut short.  only 1 month.  they really rush rush rush it and some days the lessons are really nothing and lacking.  so in terms of 'school car' it's not really all there.  unfortunate cuz incidents HAS already happened and WILL happen more once we're on the road.  

do you prefer SMEE or New Tech??

When you're meh and just want to go to work with an easy day, ATO on the 7 is nice.  

When you're feeling bored, there's something to be said for a good set of 62s on the 3. 

Also, even as a somewhat anxious person, don't think about that stuff. Just focus on what *you* can control. In other words, learn in YX, remember rules and procedures, and learn more in road ops and posting. Push that train to its limits in road ops so you can have a better understanding of what it can do in posting so you're somewhat confident in your operation for when you're out there by yourself. 

28 minutes ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

When you're meh and just want to go to work with an easy day, ATO on the 7 is nice.  

When you're feeling bored, there's something to be said for a good set of 62s on the 3. 

Also, even as a somewhat anxious person, don't think about that stuff. Just focus on what *you* can control. In other words, learn in YX, remember rules and procedures, and learn more in road ops and posting. Push that train to its limits in road ops so you can have a better understanding of what it can do in posting so you're somewhat confident in your operation for when you're out there by yourself. 

can you give me 1 or 2 examples on what's "pushing" it?  I'm imaging......going into a station hot and fast and taking break last second?  is that what u mean?  to build confidence.  (certain TSS would not even let us experiment like that unfortunately).

also.....coming out as XX will we be lucky to get the 7? or even get lucky Bidding for a 7 job? 

thankxxx

31 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

So if I'm expecting to be placed on medical hold should I not bring the money order?

I would still get the money order on the chance you aren't placed on medical hold. Also, the hold may not last months, depending on your situation. Get one from the post office; they don't expire.

3 hours ago, trackerjack said:

can you give me 1 or 2 examples on what's "pushing" it?  I'm imaging......going into a station hot and fast and taking break last second?  is that what u mean?  to build confidence.  (certain TSS would not even let us experiment like that unfortunately).

also.....coming out as XX will we be lucky to get the 7? or even get lucky Bidding for a 7 job? 

thankxxx

Everyone has their own way of operating trains. Just find the one that's comfortable for you without discomforting the passengers.

I'm not sure if A division training now include CBTC, but you can always request to be trained for it after finishing schoolcar which is what you'll need to operate on the 7. As XX, you can be assigned to any line, anywhere. As for trying to get the 7 in the vacancy bid, you never know until you try, but remember you'll be at the bottom and someone higher in seniority can win the jobs you want.

To anyone who takes a light train from STL F to 179 or from WTC to Parsons or 95 to CTL or Met to CTL please be advised your train MUST be in CBTC Mode Not BYPASS...

If its tagged in BYPASS thats ok then..

RCC is calling out trains not in CBTC Mode so please make sure the train is in CBTC mode before you leave the terminal.

If its a tagged train and they start barking just tell em laugh and keep on not your problem they aren't aware..

Edited by RTOMan

14 hours ago, trackerjack said:

A div we only got one SMEE and one new tech.  both types of trains has an "A" model.  so totally 4 trains technically if u know what i mean.  our YX got cut short.  only 1 month.  they really rush rush rush it and some days the lessons are really nothing and lacking.  so in terms of 'school car' it's not really all there.  unfortunate cuz incidents HAS already happened and WILL happen more once we're on the road.  

I started with Redbirds back in 2001 operated the money train, the trash train(R127)  along with the R62s and R62As...

When the New Techs came in operated them as well (I like the R142s over the R142As but that's my preference)..

I picked over to the B Div in 2007 just to get my hands on the older equipment which i was told was going to be retired...

So I operated the R32s,R38s,R40Slants(Best trains i operated ever)R40Mods,R42s,R42Rebuilds(nothing like the R42s),R44s(Did not like where that bloody Reverser was),R46s,R68s,R68As(Nothing like the R68s)...

Then Finally the New tech R143s,R160s haven't operated a R179 Yet..

Right Now I'm on that Fox with nothing but  R160 tech ,but since I got only four years left till I retire I'm not thinking about going back to SMEE even though that's the equipment i stared out with...

22 hours ago, trackerjack said:

I prefer SMEE, R46 personally. New tech is a little to easy to operate. Maybe cuz I'm new tho, after a while I might actually start liking the comfort of the new tech trains. CBTC seems very boring to me tho...

Edited by FilippoSironi

22 hours ago, Banks718 said:

Ohhh ok.So im guessin its more overtime and money on the B division 

The pay is the same In both divisions. I'm not sure about overtime. The main reason people choose one division over the other is where they live. A division has more yards in the bronx and B in Brooklyn. A division has 7 lines B has 13 I think. 

7 hours ago, RTOMan said:

I started with Redbirds back in 2001 operated the money train, the trash train(R127)  along with the R62s and R62As...

When the New Techs came in operated them as well (I like the R142s over the R142As but that's my preference)..

I picked over to the B Div in 2007 just to get my hands on the older equipment which i was told was going to be retired...

So I operated the R32s,R38s,R40Slants(Best trains i operated ever)R40Mods,R42s,R42Rebuilds(nothing like the R42s),R44s(Did not like where that bloody Reverser was),R46s,R68s,R68As(Nothing like the R68s)...

Then Finally the New tech R143s,R160s haven't operated a R179 Yet..

Right Now I'm on that Fox with nothing but  R160 tech ,but since I got only four years left till I retire I'm not thinking about going back to SMEE even though that's the equipment i stared out with...

That's awesome you got to operate all these different trains! How do you feel about operating in CBTC on the Queens corridor on the Fox? I know a lot of senior guys don't like it. 

18 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

The pay is the same In both divisions. I'm not sure about overtime. The main reason people choose one division over the other is where they live. A division has more yards in the bronx and B in Brooklyn. A division has 7 lines B has 13 I think. 

That’s good to know. I live in Queens myself. So I’m assuming B divison would be better for me. Since I live borderline Brooklyn/Queens. 

1 minute ago, TA718 said:

That’s good to know. I live in Queens myself. So I’m assuming B divison would be better for me. Since I live borderline Brooklyn/Queens. 

yes definitely. We  went to Jamaica Yards a lot and Pitkin Yards is right on the border of Queens and Brooklyn and we went there a lot too. 

1 hour ago, Mikepro6 said:

I am currently unvaccinated , can I still go to pre employment and just make sure I’m vaccinated before the final process?

Hey @Mikepro6 , what’s your list number? And they want everyone to have at least two shots I believe before pre employment. I’m sure you could call them and postpone or ask them 

1 hour ago, Mikepro6 said:

I am currently unvaccinated , can I still go to pre employment and just make sure I’m vaccinated before the final process?

No, unfortunately. You need your vacation card both times you go in.

Edited by rondread445
Sorry question already answered.

1 hour ago, Nique1112 said:

Hi I would like to know what is the process once your list number is called? I have a preliminary date for next week. Just wondering..

First of all, welcome to the forum….

second, what’s your list number? (Use format 402x so you don’t give away your identity.  We keep track and help each other out 

if you have a preliminary date it depends on what you’re going for.  If it’s your first time you’ll be going for “pre employment” which is paperwork and a drug screening.  

should you pass that writhing 3-30 days you should Hear back with another appointment date. This would be your full medical exam.  Should you pass the medical exam you’ll be sworn in and given a class date/start date