ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

I feel like the scary part is not getting the 100 on the exam part like what if you get 95 or 90 but like u tried your best but got a few wrong. Then to know u did all that training, study and end up getting let go because of the exams part.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, beanz said:

Supt is going to ask u "well explain to me in your words the function of this signal and how u gotta operate" or something along those lines and u won't know wtf to say because u were obsessed with memorization instead of learning.

That is how they caught folks Supt Giradi was a pro at that....

3 minutes ago, beanz said:

Don't let that 100 on the signal test make u nervous. I've seen people come in so scared of failing the signal test that it's all they study and they fail all the other exams. So much is made of the signals but it's actually very easy if you are paying attention to how the signaling system actually works and what your operation has to be at each signal. If u just worry about verbatim definitions and memorizing them without actually understanding what the signals mean, and then u stumble on a word and have to explain yourself to the supt, that is where you will fail. Supt is going to ask u "well explain to me in your words the function of this signal and how u gotta operate" or something along those lines and u won't know wtf to say because u were obsessed with memorization instead of learning.

Just relax and pay attention and everything will start to make sense to you after a while. It's overwhelming at first but it isn't rocket science, you will get it.

Yes absolutely and thank you for that. My list hasn't been reach but i am just preparing mentally to what to expect once that times come. 

15 minutes ago, Mikepro6 said:

@Imhim how many people in your class failed ? And out of how many ? 

Everyone passed 10/10. For our induction I believe it was 40 of us in B division and everyone also made it through the exams. Like RTOMan said don’t let that I gotta get 100 be your main focus. There are other parts of the job that you have to become familiar with as well and you don’t want to stress out over this and then it hurts your overall skill set as a T/O!

13 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

I feel like the scary part is not getting the 100 on the exam part like what if you get 95 or 90 but like u tried your best but got a few wrong. Then to know u did all that training, study and end up getting let go because of the exams part.

All of us who came from the Open Competitive have felt that feeling in one way or another...

Have faith in yourself.

5 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Everyone passed 10/10. For our induction I believe it was 40 of us in B division and everyone also made it through the exams. Like RTOMan said don’t let that I gotta get 100 be your main focus. There are other parts of the job that you have to become familiar with as well and you don’t want to stress out over this and then it hurts your overall skill set as a T/O!

Beanz also said that as well..

13 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

That is how they caught folks Supt Giradi was a pro at that....

I knew someone who was doing horrible on their second chance at a practical...supt took them aside and asked them a simple question, kind of trying to help him out, and he couldn't answer it. Game over. 

Like the old saying goes, stare so long at one tree and u gonna miss the whole forest.

24 minutes ago, beanz said:

Don't let that 100 on the signal test make u nervous. I've seen people come in so scared of failing the signal test that it's all they study and they fail all the other exams. So much is made of the signals but it's actually very easy if you are paying attention to how the signaling system actually works and what your operation has to be at each signal. If u just worry about verbatim definitions and memorizing them without actually understanding what the signals mean, and then u stumble on a word and have to explain yourself to the supt, that is where you will fail. Supt is going to ask u "well explain to me in your words the function of this signal and how u gotta operate" or something along those lines and u won't know wtf to say because u were obsessed with memorization instead of learning.

Just relax and pay attention and everything will start to make sense to you after a while. It's overwhelming at first but it isn't rocket science, you will get it.

Thank you for that im extremely nervous going into the June 20th class. Especially considering leaving my old job (32BJ doorman) where there was no books or studying involved and moving into transit. Very nerve wrecking for me.

16 minutes ago, dincena said:

Thank you for that im extremely nervous going into the June 20th class. Especially considering leaving my old job (32BJ doorman) where there was no books or studying involved and moving into transit. Very nerve wrecking for me.

Was it easy for you to get off medical hold? Was there alot of people there when you went back?

47 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

Was it easy for you to get off medical hold? Was there alot of people there when you went back?

The +2 protein they found in my UA was due to dehydration, I drank alot of water went and redid the test with my primary DR a week later everything was normal. When I went in to clear the medical they also did the test again and it was fine. It was not as busy as when I went in on May 26 for my conditional offer, there was alot less people.

24 minutes ago, dincena said:

The +2 protein they found in my UA was due to dehydration, I drank alot of water went and redid the test with my primary DR a week later everything was normal. When I went in to clear the medical they also did the test again and it was fine. It was not as busy as when I went in on May 26 for my conditional offer, there was alot less people.

Congratulations though!!! Stop stressing your going to do great  

2 hours ago, Imhim said:

@Imhim 10/10 puts the mind more at ease lol ,  thank you 🙏

3 hours ago, dincena said:

isn't doorman a good job? and it's unionized right? just curious

4 hours ago, RTOMan said:

The Min you take anything stronger is the Minute you get restricted...

Or put  you out No Work Available. 

Be Mindful because we take Medicals every Year and you will pee in a Cup(as well as Randoms) and they ask you on that computer have you taken and prescription Drugs...

If you say no and they find out they will take you out of service.

if I ever get restricted.....i am off the road and put into the yards right?  and i will eventually be fired if i don't get "out" of being restricted?  is this a correct assumption?

11 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

if I ever get restricted.....i am off the road and put into the yards right?  and i will eventually be fired if i don't get "out" of being restricted?  is this a correct assumption?

Aren’t you already a TO?

4 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Aren’t you already a TO?

i am but i will get restricted. i can bet on it. i'm already have a huge gut and is getting bigger due to the stress and food habits

#bigboygang  #biggutgang !!!

Edited by trackerjack

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

isn't doorman a good job? and it's unionized right? just curious

It's a decent job, easy going 65k year. But retirement have to wait till 65 for full pension. Hoping i didn't make a mistake by leaving.

5 hours ago, Mohamed said:

If you get a 90 or 95 you've failed the signal exam no if ands or buts, but like previous people wrote they'll pull you aside if you aside seeking clarification. Just study and you'll be fine I was one who always stressed over signals and then when I actually took it and saw what was on it I was like it's not that bad at all. Again just study and you'll do fine if everybody else can do it so can you. 💪

9 minutes ago, Schecter said:

If you get a 90 or 95 you've failed the signal exam no if ands or buts, but

Can we please not make this public, please. :ph34r: Some things best left unsaid.

Edited by Jericho

18 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Can we please not make this public, please. :ph34r: Some things best left unsaid.

Tbh a lot more stuff is known it doesn't really matter lol, we're here to help people it's known and it's been said the signal exam needs a 100 lol...

Edited by Schecter

8 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Think that might be the least thing to worry about being public with transit lol

Just now, Schecter said:

Tbh a lot more stuff is known it doesn't really matter lol

Okey dokey, I won't be surprise if Transit decides to make it absolutely pass/fail in the future then.

1 hour ago, Nique1112 said:

I’m curious to know what list number they are up to for Medical? :ph34r: Did Pre-Employment last week of April. My list number is 42**

Can’t get any closer to the number than that. Lol. Not everyone on the list is in this forum. So these are all guesstimates.. I’ll be sure to inform the group when I’m called. 

4 hours ago, trackerjack said:

i am but i will get restricted. i can bet on it. i'm already have a huge gut and is getting bigger due to the stress and food habits

#bigboygang  #biggutgang !!!

They restrict you for weight gain? Like how much weight gain are you restricted? Ive seen some big TO's while riding the trians.