ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, thegameksk said:

What part of the process are you up too?

Edit: Im going Thursday to clear my medical hold. For those that have done the same do they finish the rest of your paperwork that day as well or does it depend if there is an opening in the next class? They did tell me in the email I might have to take a second drug test.

I cleared my medical hold on 6/6, was sworn in and made it into the 6/20 class same day. If in your conditional offer you were considered for the June 20th class you should still get in if you clear your medical hold. 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, dincena said:

I cleared my medical hold on 6/6, was sworn in and made it into the 6/20 class same day. If in your conditional offer you were considered for the June 20th class you should still get in if you clear your medical hold. 

My Conditional offer was for back in May before I was put on hold. If I get drug tested again do I need the same paper work from preemployment as well?

25 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

My Conditional offer was for back in May before I was put on hold. If I get drug tested again do I need the same paper work from preemployment as well?

Your drug test is good for 90 days. If you were tested within 90 days you won't need to take another.

This is for you new people who are already here and for those who aren't here yet but in Schoolcar or in the process ..

Unless its needed..

Stay of the radio..

Stay off the radio..

Stay of the radio..

Stay off the radio..

If you have to get on the radio please THINK before you transmit please don't let RCC or the Local Tower rush you to answer them that's when mistakes are made....

That way you wont get a TSS checking you out for Fitness along the line or maybe even pulling you off the train..

Its a good job as long as procedures are followed.

Edited by RTOMan

On 6/10/2022 at 10:21 AM, Imhim said:

lol because of us posting this? I highly doubt that. Again we’re not saying they are gonna give everyone a chance if they make a mistake or not. It obviously goes on your history in school car which is common knowledge. Again I doubt transit is scouring this forum for this type of info when they literally barely have people able to work or even coming to work for that matter. 

Social media Lesson One...

Transit WATCHES EVERYTHING.....

You got Supts right on this site from ALL DEPARTMENTS...

Your Facebook or Instagram they can get access to that as well..

As well as ANY Facebook that's transit related whether its For employees or not.

Im not kidding folks have gotten terminated for Social Media posts(after a few warnings)..

3 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Social media Lesson One...

Transit WATCHES EVERYTHING.....

You got Supts right on this site from ALL DEPARTMENTS...

Your Facebook or Instagram they can get access to that as well..

As well as ANY Facebook that's transit related whether its For employees or not.

Im not kidding folks have gotten terminated for Social Media posts(after a few warnings)..

I totally understand what you’re saying. Nothing negative was said though, I’m terms of needing to say “keep that off here” or whatever the other poster said. There’s been a ton of information provided here so anything to help another fellow future employee out without jeopardizing your job isn’t an issue. Someone saying “you will have to speak to school car superintendent if you misspelled something or phrased a signal question wrong” definitely isn’t going to hurt anyone! 

5 minutes ago, Imhim said:

I totally understand what you’re saying. Nothing negative was said though, I’m terms of needing to say “keep that off here” or whatever the other poster said. There’s been a ton of information provided here so anything to help another fellow future employee out without jeopardizing your job isn’t an issue. Someone saying “you will have to speak to school car superintendent if you misspelled something or phrased a signal question wrong” definitely isn’t going to hurt anyone! 

Oh i can understand that its cool..

All im saying is be mindful...

I see it myself folks pop off not realizing whos watching..

Next thing you know they being called to 248 or 2 bway..

Do not beleive those folks who scream " i can say what i want" No they cant, all they got to do is look up the code of conduct its all there in black and white..

Edited by RTOMan

1 hour ago, Mohamed said:

You guys think they would get to 72##? If not I would have to take it again. Idk if the list would be extended, I would hope it does. But who knows. Just staying positive.

I don't think they are gonna give another test. Hopefully you get in. 

10 hours ago, Schecter said:

I heard the next test is promotional only 

People keep saying this, but there's no definitive proof that it will be or they will switch to promotional only going forward. 

Transit always changes its mind; I wouldn't be surprised if even they don't know for sure. 

Let's just wait and see rather than just asserting that will be the case.

4 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

People keep saying this, but there's no definitive proof that it will be or they will switch to promotional only going forward. 

Transit always changes its mind; I wouldn't be surprised if even they don't know for sure. 

But also keep in mind that this exam was only the third open competitive exam for T/O position in transit history. Its been predominantly, promotional only for good reason.

45 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Yeah not sure why everyone keep running with this hear say lol. It’s like ya like to post these things to kill someone’s hopes or something lol. Again until it’s in writing I wouldn’t pay it any attention! The last list when deep so for all those people still waiting to be called just keep hope, check here and make sure your contact information is correct so when they contact you, you’ll know!

Just cleared my medical hold.  Mondays class is full. They told me they are still hiring many but they are unsure when the next class will be.  I have to email to put my name back on the list.  For those that had to do the same I know I'll need another drug test bc mine expires soon but will I have to go through medical again and get documents related to my apnea again?

2 hours ago, d4rkst4r said:

Sup guys.  For the Day 1 T/O Introduction, they want dark blue pants.  I don't own a pair and was just going to wear some long black khakis.  I can't imagine they are going to give me problems over this right?

I would just go to target or any discount store, old navy, etc and get the pair. 

2 hours ago, thegameksk said:

Just cleared my medical hold.  Mondays class is full. They told me they are still hiring many but they are unsure when the next class will be.  I have to email to put my name back on the list.  For those that had to do the same I know I'll need another drug test bc mine expires soon but will I have to go through medical again and get documents related to my apnea again?

Would you be able to tell me what is the email address to get back on list? I need to do the same

Next exam will most likely be a promotional for C/Rs and other eligible titles to apply if they want to move up front. The question lingering is if there will be an OC after that when 7604 is set to expire.