ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

Coincidentally, this is why I tell my new partners and schoolcar train operators that I meet to budget based on *base* pay, and not rosy expectations of perpetual overtime.

Well said, any financial decisions or planning should always be done based on base pay. But that said the notion that overtime is dried up is false. I get offered overtime 3 or 4 times a week. 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, JDS1057 said:

The next class starts April 10th. There’s no confirmed class after this. However there could be another class confirmed for May or June but not until the April class begins. 

How do you know this? They haven’t called anyone back for medical yet! And usually they let you know with at least two weeks before the class starts ! 

20 minutes ago, JDS1057 said:

The next class starts April 10th. There’s no confirmed class after this. However there could be another class confirmed for May or June but not until the April class begins. 

Oooooh snappppp.
new blood.  new MEAT.......
YX be Poppin them points like nobody's bizznezz

19 minutes ago, Fedrali360 said:

How do you know this? They haven’t called anyone back for medical yet! And usually they let you know with at least two weeks before the class starts ! 

Several were called and sworn in last week. Several more this week. They can call for medicals and swear you in as close to the class date as they want and need. 

3 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

Several were called and sworn in last week. Several more this week. They can call for medicals and swear you in as close to the class date as they want and need. 

They just put a new certified list out. All they did for past 2 weeks was pre employment. Unless they called people that drug tested in January

6 hours ago, Urmom said:

They just put a new certified list out. All they did for past 2 weeks was pre employment. Unless they called people that drug tested in January

That’s probably what they did… Not everyone who is looking to work down here  posts here…

Edited by RTOMan

11 hours ago, Maschine Bob said:

Well said, any financial decisions or planning should always be done based on base pay. But that said the notion that overtime is dried up is false. I get offered overtime 3 or 4 times a week. 

I suggest you keep that to yourself then..

I just received this email From MTA…..

Exam Title: Train Operator 

Exam # 7604

List # 60xx

Good Day,    

Thank you for contacting our office. We received a new list from DCAS for Train Operator Exam # 7604 on 3/10/2023 and your name is on it. We have canvassed up to list # 58xx to start or resume pre-employment processing through 3/31/2023. After that, if openings are available, we will canvass eligible candidates in list number order starting with the lowest list number on the new list.

Employment Operations    

MTA NYCT Human Resources

8 hours ago, Urmom said:

Trust me, the class will start April 10th. The certified list was March 10th. You can check the DCAS site for that. Several who were re-certified to the list with very low certified eligibility numbers were contacted for drug and medical on back to back weeks and were sworn in for the April 10th class. If you have a high number you were skipped even if you had drug testing done back in Jan. Also if you did drug testing back in Jan, you’ll have to do drug testing again before even being called in for medical.

Again a lot of misinformation here, I can only tell ya what I actually experienced and heard and be truthful to that. 

Good morning 

I’m a conductor on the B division I’m scheduled for my second pre-employment on 03/30 at 180. I see the next class for T/O is April 10th, thing is I clear probation April 18th. Would I have to contact someone to ask to be placed in the next class which is in August? 

1 minute ago, Ariasm88 said:

Good morning 

I’m a conductor on the B division I’m scheduled for my second pre-employment on 03/30 at 180. I see the next class for T/O is April 10th, thing is I clear probation April 18th. Would I have to contact someone to ask to be placed in the next class which is in August? 

I would go anyway. Depending on your list number, you may not make it to the April class

38 minutes ago, Dblock148 said:

I just received this email From MTA…..

Exam Title: Train Operator 

Exam # 7604

List # 60xx

Good Day,    

Thank you for contacting our office. We received a new list from DCAS for Train Operator Exam # 7604 on 3/10/2023 and your name is on it. We have canvassed up to list # 58xx to start or resume pre-employment processing through 3/31/2023. After that, if openings are available, we will canvass eligible candidates in list number order starting with the lowest list number on the new list.

Employment Operations    

MTA NYCT Human Resources

Who did you email to get a response?

3 hours ago, Maschine Bob said:

Why rcc puts on blast over the radio almost every weekend if any b division train operators that want to work overtime call the crew office. It's no secret. 

Ahhh ok you talking about the weekends they do this… My mistake.. I can count on one hand the times in the past four months  I heard them Ask for late clears during the week I don’t work weekends anymore … Looks like folks don’t wanna work on weekends… Sigh…

Edited by RTOMan

4 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Fired on Feb 3. Told I would be rehired. Put my paperwork in to be restored to the list on Feb. 5. Still not back on the list. DCAS keeps telling me 2 weeks whenever I call them. Ridiculous 

the modus operandi in Transit is.....when someone is fired they tell them they can rehire them or add them to the list......it's a lie.  they do it just so no one retaliates or do anything violent during the firing stage.  also.....it really does depend why were you fired.  was it hitting 5 home signals within 1 run?  or was it due to missing out school car days due to a medical?
either way - you have been freed from Transit - this a blessing.  look for something you really love doing and respects *** ALGORITHM DETECTS MEDIOCRE COMMENT THAT WILL LEAD TO POTENTIAL NEGATIVE COMMENT; AUTOMATIC REMOVAL ***

47 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

the modus operandi in Transit is.....when someone is fired they tell them they can rehire them or add them to the list......it's a lie.  they do it just so no one retaliates or do anything violent during the firing stage.  also.....it really does depend why were you fired.  was it hitting 5 home signals within 1 run?  or was it due to missing out school car days due to a medical?
either way - you have been freed from Transit - this a blessing.  look for something you really love doing and respects *** ALGORITHM DETECTS MEDIOCRE COMMENT THAT WILL LEAD TO POTENTIAL NEGATIVE COMMENT; AUTOMATIC REMOVAL ***

Not always a lie. I'm living proof.