ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Yo0910 said:

Wait they already started calling ppl? The paper said the list won’t be up until June/July?

Because they urgently need operators a select few has been called as provisional/temp status although the list had not been established... 

15 minutes ago, needajob said:

Hey give us a timeline, of your hiring journey? And what was done in the medical brother! See you on the road!! 

I got the letter telling me to go in the 11th for pre employment. Once there I did all the paperwork that they ask, you can’t have no outstanding tickets on your license if you do you can’t continue until it’s clear. I did my drug test the same day also. Once you do the drug test they will tell you they will call you in 3-90 days. I got an email the following Friday telling me to come in on Tuesday for final processing and medical. I came in Tuesday and completed more paper work for them. In the medical assessment they give you a urine test to check your sugar and protein, then a vision test then a hearing test and finally an EKG, once you pass that they sent you back to the front desk to start preparing your papers for the mta system, once it’s in the system they take your phone for the ID and fingerprints also and a date for when classes begins. 

Also so if you had any court cases you HAVE to bring a deposition paper to show them that it’s taken care of. I couldn’t finish my process on Tuesday because I was missing the deposition paper, so once I got that I return back today and completed the hiring process. 

4 minutes ago, Yo0910 said:

Oh ok so what’s the likely hood that list number 4xxx to 6xxx will get called?

You’ll get call before the summer is up, a lot of people is dropping like flies. Somebody mention in this thread that another class is starting after the may 29th class and the lady at the office also said that another class is starting up as soon as the list is establish

2 minutes ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

You’ll get call before the summer is up, a lot of people is dropping like flies. Somebody mention in this thread that another class is starting after the may 29th class and the lady at the office also said that another class is starting up as soon as the list is establish

How about a number in the low 16xx

10 minutes ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

They’ll get up too 4000 that fast?

1 hour ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

I got the letter telling me to go in the 11th for pre employment. Once there I did all the paperwork that they ask, you can’t have no outstanding tickets on your license if you do you can’t continue until it’s clear. I did my drug test the same day also. Once you do the drug test they will tell you they will call you in 3-90 days. I got an email the following Friday telling me to come in on Tuesday for final processing and medical. I came in Tuesday and completed more paper work for them. In the medical assessment they give you a urine test to check your sugar and protein, then a vision test then a hearing test and finally an EKG, once you pass that they sent you back to the front desk to start preparing your papers for the mta system, once it’s in the system they take your phone for the ID and fingerprints also and a date for when classes begins. 

Also so if you had any court cases you HAVE to bring a deposition paper to show them that it’s taken care of. I couldn’t finish my process on Tuesday because I was missing the deposition paper, so once I got that I return back today and completed the hiring process. 

Did the email for the medical state a specific time to go in? TIA

My damn phone acted up as I was moving the email to save and instead trashed it. I know I go in on Friday for medical but don’t recall if there was a time. I will most likely call tomorrow to ask if they can resend the email. 

5 hours ago, Yo0910 said:

Wait they already started calling ppl? The paper said the list won’t be up until June/July?

They started calling people off the list even though the final list has not been established because they need T/O asap due to retirements.

I'm not sure how long it will take for others to get called after they fill these early positions.

Keep in mind that just because people got called it doesn't mean that they are a lock for the position.

If you are missing documents or have outstanding tickets/violations or fail the drug/medical tests, you are disqualified.

Also, training is not easy and people then can still get disqualified if they don't meet the test requirements. There will be several tests throughout training.

6 hours ago, apokeguy said:

Did the email for the medical state a specific time to go in? TIA

My damn phone acted up as I was moving the email to save and instead trashed it. I know I go in on Friday for medical but don’t recall if there was a time. I will most likely call tomorrow to ask if they can resend the email. 

It will tell you the same time. 7:30Am

4 hours ago, sam716 said:

They started calling people off the list even though the final list has not been established because they need T/O asap due to retirements.

I'm not sure how long it will take for others to get called after they fill these early positions.

Keep in mind that just because people got called it doesn't mean that they are a lock for the position.

If you are missing documents or have outstanding tickets/violations or fail the drug/medical tests, you are disqualified.

Also, training is not easy and people then can still get disqualified if they don't meet the test requirements. There will be several tests throughout training.

How long is the training process? 

2 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

I see from this board that people with #'s in 400-500 range are getting called. Does that mean the MTA has gone through  that many people already?

A lot of people is getting disqualified due to having bad driving records or their paper work not matching up 

Im currently a florida resident, i flew up and took the test last year... i have a good spot 25xx. i was curious on how hard is it getting a NYC license now that i have a Florida License.. Can i get it the same day? Does anyone know?

21 minutes ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

A lot of people is getting disqualified due to having bad driving records or their paper work not matching up 

I see. I was wondering why when I called with my number of 16xx they told me I’d be called before the year was out. Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, Driizzy305 said:

Im currently a florida resident, i flew up and took the test last year... i have a good spot 25xx. i was curious on how hard is it getting a NYC license now that i have a Florida License.. Can i get it the same day? Does anyone know?

Did you have a NYS drivers license when you applied to take the exam as it was one of the requirements to qualify for T/O?

Here is the info if you need to exchange your license.

https://dmv.ny.gov/driver-license/exchange-out-state-driver-license

3 minutes ago, kazz said:

"By the last day of the application period, you must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, approved by a State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization; and 

1. A Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State of New York; and        

2. One year of full-time satisfactory work experience that has been continuous with one employer. "

Its not looking good for you m8.

It says a motor vehicle driver license VALID IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK not a NYS DRIVER'S LICENSE. That's different. 

14 hours ago, needajob said:

Because they urgently need operators a select few has been called as provisional/temp status although the list had not been established... 

The list hasn’t been established even though I received a list number in the mail from the exam u it?? Just curious