Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 11:32 AM, Mohamed said:

Not much talk about this exam, any word or information about what's the last list number they called for medical 

It was mentioned before that there is a freeze on track worker hiring now. 

2 hours ago, Apes said:

It was mentioned before that there is a freeze on track worker hiring now. 

The freeze might be over, one of my friends who took the exam did pre employment and is being told to come in on the 6th of september for medical, so there may yet be hope for those on the exam

There is no freeze ladies and gentlemen there is currently a class in as we speak the word around the offices is that the hiring is on going until November not sure early November or late so keep ya info up to date and keep a lookout for those emails 

16 hours ago, RoyalJD said:

Good day everyone.  Is it possible for someone to explain what is a Certification Sequence Number? I see my name with a new number on the list numerous times but I don't know what it means. I'd appreciate some assistance.  Thank you in advance. 

How many people that need to be considered for appointment before you are. If a person has a list number of let’s say 10 and they reinstated with DCAS and nobody with a lower list number reinstated, then they are assigned sequence #1. They just requested names that were appointed many months ago, including mine when they shouldn’t have. I got an email inviting me for pre employment a couple of weeks ago. Been on since March lol

Got an email to report for pre-employment on the 22nd of September. I'm currently a B/O in my second year. I was wondering whether or not my accrued time transfers with me i.e., OTO and AVA's. Also will my pay rate change to the starting track worker rate or will it stay the same rate as B/O? Any information would be helpful. Thanks list #23XX.. 

Edited by MTA MAC
typo

40 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

Got an email to report for pre-employment on the 22nd of September. I'm currently a B/O in my second year. I was wondering whether or not my accrued time transfers with me i.e., OTO and AVA's. Also will my pay rate change to the starting track worker rate or will it stay the same rate as B/O? Any information would be helpful. Thanks list #23XX.. 

im not sure about the time transferring over but it probably will because your bsc and pass number wont change, and im most for certain your pay will be at trackworker rate

i have a question whats the time frame between pre employment date and the actually the time you start work?  more importantly whats the time frame when the job offer is  made to you that they tell you to start,   is it one week , two week a month etc.  Are they flexible with it meaning they give you options or its a thing where what ever date is given thats the date you have to start ?

1 hour ago, MTA MAC said:

Does anyone know how getting a day off in track works? In other words, how do you get to use an AVA?. I know in my depot we have to sit for roll call each day we want in order to get that day for the following month.

In order to get a day off in track you fill out a day off sheet that you suppose to have in the quarters its basically a 48 hour in advance thing for the day you need off which almost likely to get approved 

8 hours ago, Chris127 said:

In order to get a day off in track you fill out a day off sheet that you suppose to have in the quarters its basically a 48 hour in advance thing for the day you need off which almost likely to get approved 

Thanks for the response, getting a day off in my current depot is a headache. Excited about starting my journey in track its where I wanted to be but got called for BO first..

10 minutes ago, MTA MAC said:

Thanks for the response, getting a day off in my current depot is a headache. Excited about starting my journey in track its where I wanted to be but got called for BO first..

Np also if you have a cdl in track is a plus down here for better job pick and more money

I just contacted Mta employment center and here is an update 

“Good Day,

Thank you for contacting our office.

This is to notify you that, at this time, the last list number appointed for Track Worker Exam # 8600 was # 2324.  The last number scheduled for pre-employment processing was # 2650.”

Edited by kinks007