Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

7 hours ago, Zoey said:

Utano never mentioned layoffs, just that there may be some sacrifices. He only said this to make members aware of the dire situation. No layoffs. Terminations, resignations, and retirements with T/W will continue as it has been since 2018 with no new hires. Next year, headcount will start to hit the 1800-1700's if my prediction is right, and hiring will restart as it did with 3600. You just don't know how many guys are leaving or are planning on leaving. It takes a long time but patience. With COVID, this exam will just be extended so I wouldn't sweat it. 

There are allot of eligible Trackworkers who can retire now, and in the next year or two allot more. There are allot of guys trying to retire now that can't because NYCERS is backed up. Guys that might have stayed to pad their pension a little more, now want to leave because they don't want to get sick. The pick currently is exactly 2 years, I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts another year, or year and a half.

There was a 2020 seniority list draft out last February before the pandemic hit, and guys shot up hundreds of numbers across all seniority levels. To give you an idea the bottom seniority number (last man)  on the draft was 1900, his original number from 2018 was 2330, so he shot up 430 numbers. That was in February. In Track seniority is always flowing, guys retiring, moving to other departments etc.

They were trying to have the pick right before COVID happened, and it was delayed before that due to grievances. I can only imagine the grievances that will be going on now with everything going on. So I'm not expecting a pick anytime soon, even asked Carlos Albert, he's heard nothing either.

They'll most likely extend everything as they did with the hiring freeze after the 2008 crash, people were getting called 8-9 years after the fact.

Edited by SteveNYC

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anyone that I can talk to regarding address change?. I have filled out forms and sent them to DCAS, I followed the correct procedure from the exam notice itself. Its has been months and I was wondering why I have not received the score/list number letter. I just want to see if their is why I can call and find out what address they have on file. Im currently out of state for work and can't go down to the office. Any information would be appreciated.  I just don't want to miss the employment packet / employment letter when the list begins to move.  Thx

2 hours ago, Rj617 said:

Is there anyone that I can talk to regarding address change?. I have filled out forms and sent them to DCAS, I followed the correct procedure from the exam notice itself. Its has been months and I was wondering why I have not received the score/list number letter. I just want to see if their is why I can call and find out what address they have on file. Im currently out of state for work and can't go down to the office. Any information would be appreciated.  I just don't want to miss the employment packet / employment letter when the list begins to move.  Thx

I would first recommend to call DCAS at 9 AM Sharp, Eastern Standard Time, at 212-669-1357, Monday to Friday, with the exception of holidays (Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, etc.). Hopefully by doing this, you'll be able to speak to a human being and not a computer or anything to that nature to see what the story is.

In the event they give you the "runaround" for whatever reason, I would advise you to contact Ms. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources (her contact information is below) or Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the Manager of Employment Operations (click here for her contact information). Hopefully somebody can steer you in the right direction in regards to getting your address changed.

Good luck!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

8 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

I would first recommend to call DCAS at 9 AM Sharp, Eastern Standard Time, at 212-669-1357, Monday to Friday, with the exception of holidays (Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, etc.). Hopefully by doing this, you'll be able to speak to a human being and not a computer or anything to that nature to see what the story is.

In the event they give you the "runaround" for whatever reason, I would advise you to contact Ms. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources (her contact information is below) or Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, the Manager of Employment Operations (click here for her contact information). Hopefully somebody can steer you in the right direction in regards to getting your address changed.

Good luck!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

Thank you. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 6:32 PM, Rj617 said:

Hope everyone is safe.. Any trackworkers have any inside information or hear any rumors as to when hiring could start? I know.things are crazy and alot of things are happening,  just looking for something to be optimistic about fpr.next year.

Happy new year everyone hope this year is the year that they actually start to move on this list.

But i had a similar question, does anyone know or heard any thing related to T/W hiring process. Im reading through various threads on this site and seeing that almost every other list is hiring or going through the hiring process so i was just curious as to why isnt this one moving or even any new info has come out relatinng to this. Thank you & stay safe everyone.

list number #5x

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Queensqueens111 said:

Track is the red headed step child of the MTA, they don’t care they are short workers if work is still getting done. lol 

No word on anything about hiring, no pick in sight for us, track is just frozen for the time being.

So you'd say you guys are short right now? I mean eventually Transit is going to have to hire lol.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Movefromm3 said:

Has the Civil Service List Certification page changed for this exam? The link provided before that worked has no data for the 8600 exam anymore.

There is a difference between the Active Civil Service List webpage and the Civil Service List Certification webpage. If you type "Track Worker" into the search box of the first link, you will see the list, which, as of now, expires in January of 2024. However, if you type "Track Worker" into the search box of the second link, you will see the names from the list from Exam # 3600. Therefore, the webpage has not been changed, it's just that no one has been hired off of this particular list, which is why you are confused.

In addition, my apologies for going off-topic, however I have a brief announcement for those who "follow" me on this site, from the perspective of an anonymous guest or a registered member:

As you can tell, the hiring and the movement in the Employment threads/topics has slowed down. Therefore, although it may seem that I am logging in less often as a "Moderator," I still check out the Forums on a regular basis as an "anonymous guest." As a result, if anyone of our registered members have any questions for me, please do not hesitate to send me a Private Message (PM) or "tag" me (by typing "@" followed by "+Young+") and I will get back to you at my earliest convenience.

Stay safe out there!

Edited by +Young+
Correction

9 hours ago, dman1455 said:

According to the dcas data sheet, MTA requested 8000 names to fill 150 vacancies. Hopefully this means a class goes in soon.

How can you tell that your name is being pulled, where would it indicate that names have been pulled on the DCAS sheet? 

3 hours ago, Rj617 said:

How can you tell that your name is being pulled, where would it indicate that names have been pulled on the DCAS sheet? 

If you look at the Civil Service List Certification webpage, all you have to do is type "Track Worker" or the five-digit Exam Number ("08600") into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen. The same holds true for other titles as well, such as "Bus Operator," "Conductor," and for various titles under DCAS as well such as "Motor Vehicle Operator," "Police Officer," etc.

1 minute ago, Kidbx175 said:

I just got an automated call to submit paperwork I’m guessing  for pre employment? The phone call wasn’t too clear and I haven’t received an email so I’m a tad bit confused. 

list number 12x

I got an email to fill out the pre-employment stuff and the same phone call.

List number 29X

Just now, dman1455 said:

I got an email to fill out the pre-employment stuff and the same phone call.

List number 29X

Ah yes I found the email it was in my junk folder.  It’s a yahoo email. So for anyone else out there that uses yahoo email  check your junk emails!!

10 minutes ago, jovius said:

From anyone who has experience with the hiring process. What's the timeline looking like here? How soon can we hope to get an appointment?

List is in the low XX.

I’m guessing  here but honestly I would say quick. It’s been a while since they hired track workers.

3 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Looks like they have 150 vacancies open. I’m very low 1300’s so it’s going to be a while! I am curious to know how many people they will go through to fill these spots up 

I got a friend with the list number 34x, so they sent emails to at least that number. Who knows they might hire more then 150, depending on budget and how many people they need.

So glad you guys are getting emails and calls backs! I'm in the 2100s so it's going to be a while for me. I noticed that the Civil Service list has been updated with the List Agency Description now being updated to 'N.Y.C. TRANSIT AUTHORITY'. Also the Request Date, Certification Date, Certification Issue Number, as well as the salary have all be updated. So hopefully this means it's full-steam ahead from here. I just wish there was a way for them to show who got emailed/called so I wouldn't be paranoid if I missed the email/call.

Hey so my friend got an email today regarding how MTA is canvassing names off the 8600 list too make appointments. He told me to check my junk emails and etc I don’t see anything but my list number is a good few hundreds ahead but he got it. Did I miss something? Should I worry? I’d really like to start this process already and I don’t want to miss this opportunity. 

list number: 3xx