Systemwide CBTC - Planning and Implementation

Union Tpke

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Oh i totally forgot about this i guess  now that im switching i dont pay attention that much to Road stuff..

CBTC in effect on this dates along the Culver...

From Kings Highway to West 8th Street all tracks..

Effective 2200 hours on Friday, March I, 2024 - 2359 hours on Sunday March 3, 2024.

Effective 2200 hours on Friday. March 8, 2024 - 2359 hours on Sunday March I 0, 2024.

Effective 2200 hours on Friday, March 15, 2024 - 2359 hours on Sunday March 17, 2024.

So some of yall can go outside and see those flashing greens...

IF its in effect though maybe someone can verify....

Confirmed, saw a video and photo of it in action inside the cab having the same HUD normally seen in CBTC territory.

13 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Meaning im just staying at the terminal relaying trains or taking a train or two or three to the yard...

Got it, that sounds cool. Is that more interesting or more boring than being on the (F)oxtrot?

9 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Got it, that sounds cool. Is that more interesting or more boring than being on the (F)oxtrot?

Put it this way its more interesting.. I have to make it my business to be aware of whats going on more than ever now..

Railroad goes to chit im ping ponging a lot which is cool i like to stay busy...

On 3/4/2024 at 9:53 AM, RTOMan said:

Put it this way its more interesting.. I have to make it my business to be aware of whats going on more than ever now..

Railroad goes to chit im ping ponging a lot which is cool i like to stay busy...

Ha! Sounds like something new every day, cool!

• 2 weeks later...

As of 0000 hrs Monday March 18th CBTC along the Culver Line in full effect from the Highway to West 8th on B1 track..

Track B3/4, Kings Highway to Avenue X..

Culver Yard leads Tracks B5 and B6..

Bulletin dont mention B2 track which is interesting ill find out On Monday

• 1 month later...

There does seem to be a glitch, at least for the 8 car units on the Mikey, every time my parter for the day accepts ATO the computer keeps reporting “BIE Alerter” on my screen while under ATO control, despite never dumping the train and my partners all using the alerter correctly. 

2 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

There does seem to be a glitch, at least for the 8 car units on the Mikey, every time my parter for the day accepts ATO the computer keeps reporting “BIE Alerter” on my screen while under ATO control, despite never dumping the train and my partners all using the alerter correctly. 

Yes a few ten car units was having that glitch too on the (F) as well..

On 4/20/2024 at 10:22 AM, RTOMan said:

ATO is in effect in  the Queens Korridor all four Lines....

From speaking to a few coworkers that difference is felt...

Especially Going SB into Grand on D1 track oh boy ....

You can feel the difference too on the NB (F) on those curves between 21st and 36th. Train i rode today went through them at a higher but still safe speed vs APTM and we had the lineup

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger