Bway Bklyn-Midtown Service

Jamaica Express

In 1968 when the second phase of the Chrystie Street connector opened...a Rush Hour (KK) train service was implemented...it served all 6 Ave local stations as well as Jamaica Line stations...some trains terminated at Broadway Jct while others continued to Jamaica....it was discontinued in 1976due to TA's serious fianancial crisis

I would like to personally see the K service brought back or some type of service that utilizes the Chrystie St connector...which would link (J)(M)(Z) line riders directly to Midtown....the service could terminate at Bway Jct...Rockaway Pkwy or Crescent St and would allow for express service once again between Myrtle Ave and Broadway Jct

I know that the ridership potential is there...at least for Rush Hours

please let me know what your thoughts and opinions are...

I couldn't agree more about this. This service would do lots of good during the rush hour, and also alleviate abit of crowding on the (L) to Brooklyn.

And just in case some of you can't think, and can't fully understand why I mention the (L) is because quite a few people from Midtown looking for the (J)(Z) east of Broadway Junction, or abit west of there, would just take the (L) at 14th Street stations and continue on from there. I've seen this before so I know what I'm talking about.

Heh Email The Mta and see what happens who knows if they will say "Hmm"

As a Canarsien Most of us Get off @ Bway Junction For the (A) West side & Midtown, (J) Lower Manhattan. I Know a Extend (V) or New (K) From Rocakway PKWY Or Bway Junction would help a lot its not alot of option in the East.

not really...the (V) will serve as supplemental service to local (M) stations Marcy thru Myrtle and suplemental Midtown service on (J) line stations Myrtle thru Bway Jct (enabling the (Z) to run express between Myrtle and Bway Jct)...there it will either terminate or continue to Crescent street or to Canarsie on the (L)

It should be a (K) from 205th Street to Rockaway Parkway via the Chrystie Street. It would run peak express in The Bronx. Run Local in Manhattan to 59th Street then Express to the (J)(M)(Z). Run local in Brooklyn to Broadway Junction and then run as a extra down the Canarsie Line.

Canarsians will get a one-seat ride to The Bronx but it will also mean the (:D will have to go to 168th Street or run express on the Central Park Line.

But the (J)(Z) would run full express to and from Marcy to Broadway Juction.

And it would have to utilize 8 Car R160s or R143s and the (J)(M)(Z) and (A)(;)(C)(D)(F)(V) would have to change to CBTC to match the (L).

This was an idea I had, doesn't add a new subway line but juggles some around

(V) is terminated

(F) runs as QB/6th Local via 53rd Street between Forest Hills and Coney Island at all times.

(M) runs between 57th/6th and Metro Ave via 6th Ave Local/Crystie Connection/Williamsburg Local daily except late nights.

(Q) runs between 179th St/Jamaica and Coney Island via QB Express/63rd St tunnel 24/7 then along current route to Stillwell. (I know the (Q) is being held for 2nd Ave line use so that may not work here)

(Z) runs between Broadway Junction (express between Bway Junction and Myrtle) and Bay Parkway via Broadway-Brooklyn-Williamsburg-Nassau then along the existing "M" line to Bay Parkway

This was an idea I had, doesn't add a new subway line but juggles some around

(V) is terminated

(F) runs as QB/6th Local via 53rd Street between Forest Hills and Coney Island at all times.

(M) runs between 57th/6th and Metro Ave via 6th Ave Local/Crystie Connection/Williamsburg Local daily except late nights.

(Q) runs between 179th St/Jamaica and Coney Island via QB Express/63rd St tunnel 24/7 then along current route to Stillwell. (I know the (Q) is being held for 2nd Ave line use so that may not work here)

(Z) runs between Broadway Junction (express between Bway Junction and Myrtle) and Bay Parkway via Broadway-Brooklyn-Williamsburg-Nassau then along the existing "M" line to Bay Parkway

i'd rather simply combine da veronica wit da miranda. leave other lines as they r.

i'd rather simply combine da veronica wit da miranda. leave other lines as they r.

True but the (M) would wind up having a "U" route. I know routes aren't designed for terminal to terminal rides but I there aren't any routes that have two terminals in the same borough let alone so close to each other. In the end I'm sure the (M) will never have it's route changed because it's been traveling to South Brooklyn in one form or another since it's been around whether it was down the Brighton Line, Sea Beach Line and now the West End.

combining the (M) & (V) lines would

1) Eliminate South Bklyn service (which is used believe it or not)

2) Significantly reduce service along the Nassau Street Line during Rush Hours

3) Eliminate the possibility for a full express Between Marcy Ave & Bway Jct

The extension of the (V)

1) Give a direct and greatly needed link between 6th Ave and Bway EL

2) Provide significantly increased service along local Bway EL stations when the (J)(Z) are running express

3) gives the possibility of relieving crowding on the (A) from riders transffering from (J)(Z) stations east of Bway Jct

4) increased service on the entire Brooklyn Portion of the line

My Plan in detail would be

(J)(Z) alternate running express east of Myrtle Ave

(V) making all stops to Bway Jct

(J)(Z) skip stop scheduling would have to be re-worked to accomodate (V) east of Bway Jct to Crescent Street

The (V) would be extended to Bklyn(6:45 AM-10:45AM & 3:30PM-7:30PM)

R-46's on the (V) would be swapped with R-32's and 42's from the (E)(F)(R) lines and perhaps some R-160's from ENY

It should be a (K) from 205th Street to Rockaway Parkway via the Chrystie Street. It would run peak express in The Bronx. Run Local in Manhattan to 59th Street then Express to the (J)(M)(Z). Run local in Brooklyn to Broadway Junction and then run as a extra down the Canarsie Line.

Canarsians will get a one-seat ride to The Bronx but it will also mean the (:D will have to go to 168th Street or run express on the Central Park Line.

And it would have to utilize 8 Car R160s or R143s and the (J)(M)(Z) and (A)(:D©(D)(F)(V) would have to change to CBTC to match the (L).

CBTC on the (A)(B)(C)(D) heh man if the CBTC craps out within 145st to 59st that would be chaos imo. I was working on the (L) last week and the CBTC on the train I was on crapped out so bad that the T/O could only do 2mph into a station I told T/O after the first station to call it in so we can put the train in bypass. It did the same crap at the next station the T/O called it in and was told to put the train in bypass.

Second a new line means more crews = more money (which MTA claims they dont have)at this best time. Do you mean peak express from the Bronx to Manhattan by the way that would be nice.

I also do like the fact of the (B) running express to 59th but not from 168th. Specially if the (A) express coming thru there that means if a on time (A) express pulls into 168th and there's a late (B) trying to leave the station they are gonna push the late (B) ahead of a on schedule (A) which will make the (A) late. Now you have 3 express trains on the same track to 59th if something happens in this situation then you gotta reroute the express's all on the local track and you cant have so many express's going express on the local it would get too crazy. I can see 59th master tower losing control like the normally do on regular days.

I am looking at this at a employee perspective it would be nice on paper, however on the road it would be crazy. A good example would be to look at Queens the (G) doesn't goto CTL anymore they say its due to track work however its from the congestion with the (R)(V) also ending at CTL and all the other craziness that goes on at the Queens Blvd lines.

Heres my plan:

(C) Trains from Washington Hts-168 St to Middle Village-Metropolitan Av;

Central Pk West / 8 Av Local / Via West 4 St to the IND 6 Av Line / Chrystie St Cut / Williamsburg Bridge / Myrtle Av Local.

*Late nights Myrtle Av Shuttle; Myrtle Av- to Metropolitan Av only. *Replaced by (V) in Lower Manhattan and In Brooklyn

(M) replaces (Z) the between Jamaica Center & Myrtle Av, then normal.

(V) Forest Hills-71 Av, Queens to Euclid Av, Brooklyn; Queens Blvd / 53 St / 6 Av Local / West 4 St Crossover to the IND 8 Av line / 6 Av Local / Cranberry St Tunnel / Fulton St Local. Except Late nights.

*Replaces (C) in Lower Manhattan & In Brooklyn

(Z) Replaced by (M)

Zachary

Heres my plan:

(C) Trains from Washington Hts-168 St to Middle Village-Metropolitan Av;

Central Pk West / 8 Av Local / Via West 4 St to the IND 6 Av Line / Chrystie St Cut / Williamsburg Bridge / Myrtle Av Local.

*Late nights Myrtle Av Shuttle; Myrtle Av- to Metropolitan Av only. *Replaced by (V) in Lower Manhattan and In Brooklyn

(M) replaces (Z) the between Jamaica Center & Myrtle Av, then normal.

(V) Forest Hills-71 Av, Queens to Euclid Av, Brooklyn; Queens Blvd / 53 St / 6 Av Local / West 4 St Crossover to the IND 8 Av line / 6 Av Local / Cranberry St Tunnel / Fulton St Local. Except Late nights.

*Replaces (C) in Lower Manhattan & In Brooklyn

(Z) Replaced by (M)

Zachary

VERY interesting at west 4.

its actually feasible: http://images.nycsubway.org/trackmap/detail-w4.png

there might be a bottleneck though. say (F) is at da station. the (V) must wait before the ramp for the (F) to leave before descending. that might slow da (E) down. less tph?

combining the (M) & (V) lines would

1) Eliminate South Bklyn service (which is used believe it or not)

2) Significantly reduce service along the Nassau Street Line during Rush Hours

3) Eliminate the possibility for a full express Between Marcy Ave & Bway Jct

The extension of the (V)

1) Give a direct and greatly needed link between 6th Ave and Bway EL

2) Provide significantly increased service along local Bway EL stations when the (J)(Z) are running express

3) gives the possibility of relieving crowding on the (A) from riders transffering from (J)(Z) stations east of Bway Jct

4) increased service on the entire Brooklyn Portion of the line

5) Alleviate congestion on the (F), as customers do not have to transfer at the Delancey Street station

My Plan in detail would be

(J)(Z) alternate running express east of Myrtle Ave

(V) making all stops to Bway Jct

(J)(Z) skip stop scheduling would have to be re-worked to accomodate (V) east of Bway Jct to Crescent Street

The (V) would be extended to Bklyn(6:45 AM-10:45AM & 3:30PM-7:30PM)

R-46's on the (V) would be swapped with R-32's and 42's from the (E)(F)(R) lines and perhaps some R-160's from ENY

call me crazy, but my plan would be:

-ill follow brighton's plan with sending the (C) to metro via da chrystie cut, nd the (V)TO LEFFERTS via cranberry tunnel

-(W) is extended to bay parkway during rush hours; based on my observations, da current (M) is split into 2. metropolitan riders ride to essex to canal to transfer to an uptown train to destinations, vice versa. at canal or essex or chambers, passengers ride to so. bk.

-(J) is extended to broad street full time

long term:

-when second ave subway phase 3 is being built, build a connection from houston st 2 da bowery station, da SAS could run on nassau street to brooklyn

I think it can be easy

(J) Jamaica Parson - Broad St

(V) Rokcaway Pkwy - 71st St - 6av Lcl, Queens Blvd Lcl

(Z) Broadway junction - Broad St - Nassua Exp

The (V) would Help Broadway El Service (M),(V) Locals (J),(Z) Express the (Z) is cut back to BWAY Junction Put in Direct from Yard. THe (J) Can Handle the Rest of the EL From BWAY Junction to JP without the Skip stop. Swicthing to Express @ Myrtle So its always 2 Locals West of BWAY Junction and the (Z) is a pure Express with all (Z) Turning into to (J)'s @ Broad St.

I think it can be easy

(J) Jamaica Parson - Broad St

(V) Rokcaway Pkwy - 71st St - 6av Lcl, Queens Blvd Lcl

(Z) Broadway junction - Broad St - Nassua Exp

The (V) would Help Broadway El Service (M),(V) Locals (J),(Z) Express the (Z) is cut back to BWAY Junction Put in Direct from Yard. THe (J) Can Handle the Rest of the EL From BWAY Junction to JP without the Skip stop. Swicthing to Express @ Myrtle So its always 2 Locals West of BWAY Junction and the (Z) is a pure Express with all (Z) Turning into to (J)'s @ Broad St.

lols, da canarsians wud go: what da (L)? at da (V)

They do need to run a 6th Av. service, as the (L) is ridiculously crowded, even non-rush hours.

But combining the (V) and (M) would be too disruptive because of the shorter length trains required, and depriving the Gowanus line of (V) local service to Church Av. so all (F)s could go express.

The hope for a northern terminus would have been the middle track at 72nd St. 2nd Ave, but this was recently cut out of the plans. You could share the 96th or 125th St. terminals with the (Q) until the (T) begins running, but they probably won't bother starting the service at all, then. (Unless they determine the line below 63rs where the (T) will go won't be built in the foreseeable future again).

In any case, they could do the (V)(M) combo on weekends. (I see more ridership on the (M) weekends as well).

They do need to run a 6th Av. service, as the (L) is ridiculously crowded, even non-rush hours.

But combining the (V) and (M) would be too disruptive because of the shorter length trains required, and depriving the Gowanus line of (V) local service to Church Av. so all (F)s could go express.

The hope for a northern terminus would have been the middle track at 72nd St. 2nd Ave, but this was recently cut out of the plans. You could share the 96th or 125th St. terminals with the (Q) until the (T) begins running, but they probably won't bother starting the service at all, then. (Unless they determine the line below 63rs where the (T) will go won't be built in the foreseeable future again).

In any case, they could do the (V)(M) combo on weekends. (I see more ridership on the (M) weekends as well).

The (G) To Church Will Be A Good Lcl for the (F) cut it to Court Sq Still Having (R),(V) queens blvd lcl u Give 6 Av riders more Option.

Canarsians will get a one-seat ride to The Bronx but it will also mean the (:) will have to go to 168th Street or run express on the Central Park Line.

And it would have to utilize 8 Car R160s or R143s and the (J)(M)(Z) and (A)(:)(C)(D)(F)(V) would have to change to CBTC to match the (L).

Id love to see that...I like the idea of bringing back the (K)

Archived