MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Natalie said:

I received my congratulations letter and my list number is in the 4100’s. Is that a good list number to have or will it be a while before I am called in?

It all depends on the hiring needs and who shows up and who doesn't show up at 180 Livingston Street.

Only time will tell...

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Natalie said:

And is there any way we can see what number they are up to?

Not for this exam. The only way you can do this is by calling the HR office (347-643-8229/30/31/32) on a regular basis.

Sorry...

On 6/3/2019 at 10:59 PM, +Young+ said:

Not for this exam. The only way you can do this is by calling the HR office (347-643-8229/30/31/32) on a regular basis.

Sorry...

Call 347-643-8230. They answer quicker than the other numbers, at least from my experience. 

As far as our list numbers, they haven’t called anyone yet and most likely won’t for a few years according to what I was told. So, if you guys have not already obtained them, get your drivers license and/or CDL.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

27 minutes ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Call 347-643-8229. They answer quicker than the other numbers, at least from my experience. 

As far as our list numbers, they haven’t called anyone yet and most likely won’t for a few years according to what I was told. So, if you guys have not already obtained them, get your drivers license and/or CDL.

Few years? We're only behind 1 exam (7105) and they're almost done with it, probably at the end of this year/early next year they'll start calling off this list.

4 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Few years? We're only behind 1 exam (7105) and they're almost done with it, probably at the end of this year/early next year they'll start calling off this list.

That’s what I was thinking, but the person who picked up the phone said “a few years”.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Got an email from HR stating the license age changes in the NOE, also stating this list was established as of May 2019 and will be good for 4 years.

Me too!! And I got two emails, since the initial email was for the part-time MaBSTOA position, which doesn't exist to begin with.

7 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Me too!! And I got two emails, since the initial email was for the part-time MaBSTOA position, which doesn't exist to begin with.

So basically it would be a waste of time to get the CDL

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Vyse said:

Hello all? My question is I want to take the MaBstoa Exam coming up this year. Is there any study guide for this exam? Please help with the question. Thx. 

no there is no study guide. just use common sense.

4 hours ago, misslo said:

no there is no study guide. just use common sense.

Here are a few sample questions from the exam, with the answers in bold:

1) How do you react at a party or other social gatherings?

a) I could best be described as a wall flower.

b) I am sometimes the life of the party and soon get to know everybody.

c) I usually enjoy myself but stay in the background.

d) I usually find that I am bored although I am seldom uncomfortable.

2) How would your co-worker describe you?

a) Easy going

b) Even tempered

c) Controlled

d) High Strung

e) Quick Tempered

3) When someone asks me for directions:

a) I can easily direct them to their destination

b) I often have difficulty explaining directions

c) I find someone else

d) I do not give directions to strangers

4) How do you usually act when you are angry?

a) Storm around for a while letting off steam

b) Try not to show that I am angry at all

c) Never let my temper get the best of me

d) Talk it over with someone

e) Try to keep away from everybody for a while

5) Generally, I return from lunch:

a) Early

b) On-time

c) A minute or two late

d) 5 to 10 minutes late

6) In the past year, how many days have you been absent from work?

a) None

b) Less than 5 days

c) Between 6 & 14 days

d) Greater than 15 days

7) On turning left, nearly hit a cyclist who has come up on your inside.

a) Nearly all the time

b) Frequently

c) Occasionally

d) Hardly Never

e) Never

=> The key is to answer the questions the way that they want to hear. As long as you remember this, you should be fine. <=

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Natalie said:

I just called Livingston to find out when Exam 7105 is going to expire and they said 9/7/22.  So does this mean they are not going to start calling from exam 9100 until that time?

Probably not. Once they went through the list, which includes giving everyone a chance to show up at Livingston Street for employment processing, then they will start calling from this exam.

On 5/20/2019 at 2:13 AM, Paul811 said:

Hey any one get results for 9100

Hi, congrats! I received my congratulations letter as well, and also an email stating that I should start the process to obtain my cdl. My list # is low 900’s. When I called 180 Livingston, the operator who went on vacation left on her answering service, that they were not having anything available to 2-3 months. All the best. 

• 1 month later...