MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing as of yet. I’m List 9xx, completed PE, also awaiting Medical. It’s been confirmed that there is a class starting on the Feb 17th. My guess is that they’re still cleaning up some of the past old exams. Hoping to hear something this week. 

56 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I'm trying to guess when they'll be called. Possibly in May?

I don’t think May. That’s a little far out. They said anywhere from 3-90days from the date you were down to do PE. Every 30 days that pass, you’ll be sent to do a new drug test 

1 minute ago, Johnny1227 said:

Hey good evening everyone I have a question, I have my CLP but how do I get no restrictions on it? Also I have my passenger and air breaks endorsements but on my CLP It only has P? Can someone help please and thank you

B is airbrakes. So if you have B with P endorsement, you're good. 

8 hours ago, Johnny1227 said:

Hey good evening everyone I have a question, I have my CLP but how do I get no restrictions on it? Also I have my passenger and air breaks endorsements but on my CLP It only has P? Can someone help please and thank you

As far as no restrictions at all: That's going to be hard. The second page of this PDF document lists all of the endorsements and restrictions for New York State residents. Therefore, if you wear glasses, you will have a "B" restriction. If you take your road test in an automatic transmission bus, either through the MTA or on your own, you will receive an "E" restriction. Even for me, I successfully took a road test in both a manual transmission tractor-trailer and a manual transmission bus and I have an "M" restriction in which I can not drive a Class 'A' Passenger Vehicle on the 'legitimate' street. The reason why I say 'legitimate' street is because if you look at this and this image, I'm sure the operators of those trams have a regular license since they're only used within a parking lot and not on the 'legitimate' street, especially with passengers on-board.

Now if you look at the top of the second page of the Notice of Examination, the key words are "no disqualifying restrictions." Therefore, if you have an "A3" or a "B" or a "E" or a "K" or a "M" restriction, you're fine. Now if you decide to take the road test on your own and you get a "L" or a "N1" or a "N2" restriction, then there's a problem since that falls under "disqualifying restrictions."

Got it? If not, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help.

Edited by +Young+