Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/6/2022 at 5:29 AM, Kenstyles said:

I'm not well seasoned at all 😅 I’ve been waiting just like everyone else. I’ve just been gathering Intel from the conversation threads from the older tests.

Ah ok. Your just very well read in regards to researching the process via threads. Yea, welp! One can only be hopeful

On 3/2/2022 at 9:35 PM, Jaybk11101 said:

If you call back the number that called you the machine tells you which numbers to call

DIDNT GET EMAIL AND I DID CALL AND EMAIL BUT NO RESPONSE. SO I GO TODAY OVER THERE AND THEY GIVE THE SAME DATE AND DAY FOR PRE-EMLOYEMENT. VERY HELPFUL PERSON 

18 hours ago, Jebbu said:

DIDNT GET EMAIL AND I DID CALL AND EMAIL BUT NO RESPONSE. SO I GO TODAY OVER THERE AND THEY GIVE THE SAME DATE AND DAY FOR PRE-EMLOYEMENT. VERY HELPFUL PERSON 

Lucky! I'm way in California till July/August and i can't get anyone on the phone and I've sent multiple emails since the start of last week when i 1st got the pre employment date email.... My appointment is next week and nobody has reached back out to me to reschedule for a later date or just put my name on hold. I heard you can do it up to 3 times.

4 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Lucky! I'm way in California till July/August and i can't get anyone on the phone and I've sent multiple emails since the start of last week when i 1st got the pre employment date email.... My appointment is next week and nobody has reached back out to me to reschedule for a later date or just put my name on hold. I heard you can do it up to 3 times.

Man keep trying! Even write them a letter with signature confirmation and put all the the information in it. Test number, list number, your phone number your email… Everything!

15 minutes ago, kc204 said:

Anyone that goes to this pre-employment, let us know how it goes. Mine is next week. Anyone know if it's business attire or casual?

Business Casual. Mine is the 18th I plan to get there early to be out early. 

13 minutes ago, N3Gro said:

Business Casual. Mine is the 18th I plan to get there early to be out early. 

I see people comming in both ways.. business casual is better. And they said bring snacks/food, water bcoz it’s take a long..

2 hours ago, Jebbu said:

I see people comming in both ways.. business casual is better. And they said bring snacks/food, water bcoz it’s take a long..

Yea I’ll be ready. I’m really hoping to be one of the first so I can be in and out.

5 hours ago, kc204 said:

Anyone that goes to this pre-employment, let us know how it goes. Mine is next week. Anyone know if it's business attire or casual?

Pre-employment for me starts this week! I found some numbers for MTA corporate HR and higher-ups (through forums @+Young+ belonged to) and basically called them and spoke to someone at The MTA Interim Presidents office who forwarded my info to HR, whom then called me back and scheduled an appt w/ me right then and there on the phone. @Kenstyles thank u for the tip on referencing other threads on this forum, becuz tht bit of info totally worked out. Blessings and now I gotta figure out all the jobs I worked at since High School?! 😩😵💫🥴 Kinda nervous abt tht becuuuuz it's totally been a lot and I just hope it won't be frowned upon? U guys gve me ur that's abt tht please! And I'll b sure to follow-up w/ u guys on how pre-employment went 🙏🏾

1 minute ago, AprilCakes said:

Pre-employment for me starts this week! I found some numbers for MTA corporate HR and higher-ups (through forums @+Young+ belonged to) and basically called them and spoke to someone at The MTA Interim Presidents office who forwarded my info to HR, whom then called me back and scheduled an appt w/ me right then and there on the phone. @Kenstyles thank u for the tip on referencing other threads on this forum, becuz tht bit of info totally worked out. Blessings and now I gotta figure out all the jobs I worked at since High School?! 😩😵💫🥴 Kinda nervous abt tht becuuuuz it's totally been a lot and I just hope it won't be frowned upon? U guys gve me ur that's abt tht please! And I'll b sure to follow-up w/ u guys on how pre-employment went 🙏🏾

Edit: I meant to say, guys please give me ur thoughts abt having massive jobs since high school and I'm now 39! Sure hope it won't be frowned upon 😲I really need this!

On 3/3/2022 at 12:55 PM, Eddieoil said:

Thanks,yeah I've been calling and nothing I let the phone ring on time for 5mins. And nothing, mail omg who uses the mail system anymore the day of the urine screen all they did was yell out " check your emali,email, your spam.etc." although I have been paying attention to the mail but nothing , so yeah appreciate that will go down to 180 Livingston tomorrow, and good luck to you

Hey @Eddieoil watevr happnd? Did u go dwn to figure out why u hvnt heard back? And is tht discrepancy u had, in relation to this thread's job post Exam 9618? Let me know and hoping all went well.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:46 AM, Tony86 said:

Does anyone know if we need to email back the fill out pre employment application or simply print it out and bring it to the interview. In the email it said to print out the application and bring it to office. However in the application, it's stated to email the application and supporting documents.

Hey so yeah went down to 180 Livingston that same day last week and was told drug screen passed ( figured that) and then was told they hiring a " certain number" once next class comes up will be called for another screen then medical, but while there ran into a gentleman who went tru the whole process ,including finger printing was told his class was to start in January but then class was canceled,so I'm figuring it's just a waiting process( worth it) but yeah wait....thanks for asking a luck to yourself and all of us that are waiting 

15 minutes ago, Eddieoil said:

Hey so yeah went down to 180 Livingston that same day last week and was told drug screen passed ( figured that) and then was told they hiring a " certain number" once next class comes up will be called for another screen then medical, but while there ran into a gentleman who went tru the whole process ,including finger printing was told his class was to start in January but then class was canceled,so I'm figuring it's just a waiting process( worth it) but yeah wait....thanks for asking a luck to yourself and all of us that are waiting 

@Eddieoil and did u go down there regarding exam #9618? Bcuz this thread is specifically regarding this Job ID number. So I just wanted to kno, bcuz if so, u were called rather early then, no?

10 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

It’s fine. It’s for your background check. 

Yea, for sure. I'm aware it's for the background check but I've had a massive amount of jobs and am a bit afraid it'll be looked down upon, is what I'm saying. So I was just asking wat are ur thats abt that. LoL

6 minutes ago, AprilCakes said:

Yea, for sure. I'm aware it's for the background check but I've had a massive amount of jobs and am a bit afraid it'll be looked down upon, is what I'm saying. So I was just asking wat are ur thats abt that. LoL

Nobody is going to look down on it. I’ve seen people with worse histories get hired, lol. 

15 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Nobody is going to look down on it. I’ve seen people with worse histories get hired, lol. 

Hey @SevenEleven what are some numbers i can call to speak to someone. I have my pre employment appointment on the 14th and I'm currently in Los Angeles till July/August and I've been emailing daily since the 3rd of this month to have my list number moved back, but I've heard nothing back. Smh

1 hour ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Hey @SevenEleven what are some numbers i can call to speak to someone. I have my pre employment appointment on the 14th and I'm currently in Los Angeles till July/August and I've been emailing daily since the 3rd of this month to have my list number moved back, but I've heard nothing back. Smh

MTA Interim President: 646-252-5800

They helped me when I hear nothing back from nobody and was able to get me an appt for Pre-employment immediately. I'd like to think they shud b able to help u as well. Blessings and let's hope 4 the best🙏🏾

6 minutes ago, AprilCakes said:

MTA Interim President: 646-252-5800

They helped me when I hear nothing back from nobody and was able to get me an appt for Pre-employment immediately. I'd like to think they shud b able to help u as well. Blessings and let's hope 4 the best🙏🏾

@HeadhunterCali I didn't @ u in the last reply tht I wrote u, so I'm doing tht in this post. Be sure to call let me us kno here,  how everythng goes. 🙏🏾

55 minutes ago, AprilCakes said:

@HeadhunterCali I didn't @ u in the last reply tht I wrote u, so I'm doing tht in this post. Be sure to call let me us kno here,  how everythng goes. 🙏🏾

Thank You so much! I called and was put in contact with HR and basically i was told there is nothing that can be done in regards to rescheduling because July/August is a ways away still. So I was told that when i do get to NYC just call to get my name put back on the list. But as for my 3/14 appointment, it'll be marked as "Failure to appear".  I'm gonna try my best to make plans to come in May. She said their calling from the list fast 😬.  So i don't wanna wait till late Summer and miss out. Thank You again @AprilCakes!!!

Edited by HeadhunterCali
Typos

1 hour ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Thank You so much! I called and was put in contact with HR and basically i was told there is nothing that can be done in regards to rescheduling because July/August is a ways away still. So I was told that when i do get to NYC just call to get my name put back on the list. But as for my 3/14 appointment, it'll be marked as "Failure to appear".  I'm gonna try my best to make plans to come in May. She said their calling from the list fast 😬.  So i don't wanna wait till late Summer and miss out. Thank You again @AprilCakes!!!

I'm so happy that the number was able to put you in contact w/ someone @HeadhunterCali Just grateful for this forum & the ability to help ech other succeed along the way. I am most hopeful everythng will workout. Jus make sure 2 lock that number in so wen ur redy to make ur next steps, you'll hve the help u need. Thrilled tht I cud help and hoping this gives u ease as u enjoy the rest of ur day ahead in wonderful sunny California. ☺️🙏🏾