Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, HeadhunterCali said:

I really hope this is true.... if it is then i can start getting excited cause I'm list 3**

did you email them for yourself? i also emailed them back saying i guess if its valid out of state its good for ny state?

Edited by BreeddekalbL

4 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

did you email them for yourself? i also emailed them back saying i guess if its valid out of state its good for ny state?

I'll go ahead and email them. What information should i include? I would switch my license over Definitely... im just hoping my having my CDL for 10 years in California would be enough. I'm still here now... I briefly moved to NYC in April 2019 and moved back to Los Angeles January 2020.

18 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

I'll go ahead and email them. What information should i include? I would switch my license over Definitely... im just hoping my having my CDL for 10 years in California would be enough. I'm still here now... I briefly moved to NYC in April 2019 and moved back to Los Angeles January 2020.

Yeah you can

On 10/13/2021 at 8:49 PM, +Young+ said:

Is exam 2302 the same as the current MTA Bus Operator Position which is currently open for filing, which people can learn more about in this thread/topic?

I just want to be on the same page, that's all...

When do you think the 300s will get called? Canvassing has started this month i believe. I'm in Los Angeles now.... I Need to know when should i move back. I'm not missing out on this opportunity!

10 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

When do you think the 300s will get called? Canvassing has started this month i believe. I'm in Los Angeles now.... I Need to know when should i move back. I'm not missing out on this opportunity!

They have started canvassing this month? According to this website, they haven't, however, maybe it's just me.

As far as when the 300s will get called, if you look at this website, and you type in "Bus Operator" in the search box, back in July, they were in the 590s/600s for the prior list, 9604. Now, according to the "Civil Service" Rules and Regulations of the City of New York, they have to hire those on the older lists first, which include 4600 (which expires this January), 7612, 9604 and then 9618. Therefore, as far as a time frame, it depends on how many people from the prior lists restore their name to the list and take the job. As far as being specific, I would say at least six months to even possibly one [1] calendar year from now. With the fact that, as of this past July, they were only up to the 590s/600s on the prior list, I don't even know why they published this list so early, however, maybe it's just me.

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Copy. If that's the case, for @HeadhunterCali, I would say at least three [3] to six [6] months, however we'll see what happens as time progresses.

Hmmm 🤔 So candidates from exam #9604 are training now? That's what it looks like from the 9604 thread. The letter/email that was sent to me with my 3×× list number stated that canvassing would start in October for exam #9618. I'll try to call them tomorrow and get a definite answer so I'll know when i should move back to NYC.

1 hour ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Hmmm 🤔 So candidates from exam #9604 are training now? That's what it looks like from the 9604 thread. The letter/email that was sent to me with my 3×× list number stated that canvassing would start in October for exam #9618. I'll try to call them tomorrow and get a definite answer so I'll know when i should move back to NYC.

I assumed hiring from 9618 would start this month as well. If you get any information please keep us updated. 

I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL THIS MORNING....

Hi,

We expect to recanvass candidates from this list in October/November, which should provide you with enough time to consider the opportunity and obtain the necessary license/permit.  If you have the requirements, please wait as we are calling candidates shortly.  You can also contact 347-643-8219 or email employmentcenteremd@nyct.com to set up an appointment for pre-employment processing.

As long as you have a drivers license valid in NYS (California would be valid), you are good to go.

So it's official! I'm good to go.... I just need to find out when my list number 3** can expect to be contacted, so i can zero in on when i should move back to NYC.

Edited by +Young+

1 hour ago, HeadhunterCali said:

I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL THIS MORNING....

Although myself and others appreciate the update, going forward, if you can please make your posts as short as possible, since there are twenty-five (25) posts on a single webpage of this Forum website, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, +Young+ said:

Although myself and others appreciate the update, going forward, if you can please make your posts as short as possible, since there are twenty-five (25) posts on a single webpage of this Forum website, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

What do you mean? My post was no longer then I've seen from other forum members. Idk what you mean? I've seen looong posts before, so I'm confused 😕 

5 minutes ago, HeadhunterCali said:

What do you mean? My post was no longer then I've seen from other forum members. Idk what you mean? I've seen looong posts before, so I'm confused 😕 

In your original post, there were several empty spaces in between the lines of the e-mail. I just deleted them, all in an effort to cut down on the long posts, out of respect for everyone.

That's all.

Edited by +Young+

1 minute ago, +Young+ said:

In your original post, there were several empty spaces in between the lines of the e-mail. I just deleted them, all in an effort to cut down on the long posts, out of respect for everyone.

That's all.

Got it! lol what do you think about what was said in the email? How is it possible? Aren't they still calling people from other exams right? Now their starting with 9618. I thought it could only be one exam list at a time? 🤔

13 minutes ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Got it! lol what do you think about what was said in the email? How is it possible? Aren't they still calling people from other exams right? Now their starting with 9618. I thought it could only be one exam list at a time? 🤔

Two thoughts:

First, if you type "Bus Operator" into the search box of this website, you will see that, this past July were calling people from three [3] examinations - 4600, 7612 and 9604. The reason why is because, when they contact these people, either they don't respond to the pre-employment canvass, which you can view by clicking here, or they don't have the CLP (Commercial Learners Permit) or the CDL (Commerical Drivers License), or they have more than 2 accidents, which is not acceptable, or they have more than 4 points, which is also not acceptable, or they have a DUI/DWI within the past three years, which is not acceptable, or something to this nature. And with the fact that the agency needs people to fill these positions, it makes sense that they sent you that e-mail message, to hopefully "prepare" you folks, and the folks from the 9604 list that they will be calling people shortly. After all, if more people from the prior lists took advantage of the opportunity and/or the vacancies that were available, I don't think they would have published this list as fast as they did.

Second, like I tell the other members on this Forum website, we'll see what happens as time progresses.

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

On 10/25/2021 at 11:25 AM, +Young+ said:

Two thoughts:

First, if you type "Bus Operator" into the search box of this website, you will see that, this past July were calling people from three [3] examinations - 4600, 7612 and 9604. The reason why is because, when they contact these people, either they don't respond to the pre-employment canvass, which you can view by clicking here, or they don't have the CLP (Commercial Learners Permit) or the CDL (Commerical Drivers License), or they have more than 2 accidents, which is not acceptable, or they have more than 4 points, which is also not acceptable, or they have a DUI/DWI within the past three years, which is not acceptable, or something to this nature. And with the fact that the agency needs people to fill these positions, it makes sense that they sent you that e-mail message, to hopefully "prepare" you folks, and the folks from the 9604 list that they will be calling people shortly. After all, if more people from the prior lists took advantage of the opportunity and/or the vacancies that were available, I don't think they would have published this list as fast as they did.

Second, like I tell the other members on this Forum website, we'll see what happens as time progresses.

So I sent them 2 emails at two different email accounts asking them if they can narrow down when 3××s would be called so I'll know when better when ishould move back to NYC. Both times all they say is "they'll start recanvassing in November" smh.