Slant on the N

UlmerPark B6

Thats an R40 Slant As you can see the slant end. They Run mostly on the (:( but being retired so hurry and take the chance to ride it.

I can't ride it any time soon, I live in Philadelphia, and I still have to go to school, the next time I have free time is Winter break, and I doubt if my mom would let me go to new york. That is an awesome train though, I wish SEPTA would have gotten one like that!!! but they would much rather having almost 200 Kawaski's on the Broad Street Line and Broad RIdge Spur (BSL & BRS)

I can't ride it any time soon, I live in Philadelphia, and I still have to go to school, the next time I have free time is Winter break, and I doubt if my mom would let me go to new york. That is an awesome train though, I wish SEPTA would have gotten one like that!!! but they would much rather having almost 200 Kawaski's on the Broad Street Line and Broad RIdge Spur (BSL & BRS)

This thing is like 39 years old......

We have Kawaski R68A, and then like a thousand more NTT Kwasaki. R40 Slant is like the best and fastest train ever.

gosh, they need new cars!

The best trains EVER!

best train ever but the Mad R40s are going byebye :(

Also Its sometimes called R40S, R40SLOPE or R40SLANT for the newbies

I wonder if the T/A can remove the slope part and replace with str8, that ways its an R40M, and can live longer possibly

Since they are based out of coney island they can run on (:((D)(F)(V)(N)(Q)(R)(W). Other lines require long OOS runs for switching that can only take place at certain areas.

- A

The (;)(N)(Q) and (W) lines are based out of CI,the (D) is Concourse and the

(F) and (R) are based out of Jamaica.

:(

The (;)(N)(Q) and (W) lines are based out of CI,the (D) is Concourse and the

I will be visiting New York next week, on business and I have a coiple of days to myself. Will the slants be on the (:) line then? When is the best time to get them? During peak hours or weekends? Which location is the best to wait for them at?

The (:((N)(Q) and (W) lines are based out of CI,the (D) is Concourse and the

I know this, but all you need to do is let one train empty of passengers and change the rollsign and let passengers on and go through 1 or 2 switches. Other lines you actually have to do it from the yard OOS through the switch to the other yard.

- A

Archived