Queens Bus Redesign Discussion Thread

Lawrence St

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TDL said:

Because thats a nearly hour and a half two hour ride when its only 35 minutes away.

There's probably too small of a market for a bus route to be made. You can't just make a route because it's inconvienient to travel between two places with existing public transit, there needs to be actual demand between them.

44 minutes ago, Ex696 said:

There's probably too small of a market for a bus route to be made. You can't just make a route because it's inconvienient to travel between two places with existing public transit, there needs to be actual demand between them.

(B)(Q) transfer could induce demand. 

1 hour ago, DT323 said:

I can't believe they took out a bunch of promising elements from the old plan! Also, the stop removal is crazy in this new one.

Omg it really is like some stops I go to got removed for "better service" like... 🤦🏾‍♂️

But like ehh... I guess it could work..? idk

Edited by JoshTheScrub

1 hour ago, NBTA said:

How many people are actually going between Sheepshead Bay and Far Rockaway?

They are not going there because it is a two hour trip, but like 45 minutes by car. The purpose of mass transit in a densely populated area is to allow you to get to places in reasonable amounts of time for employment opportunities. If you can’t get to JFK, you won’t try to get a job there for example. 

22 minutes ago, limitednyc said:

I see that the q34 will not be replaced.

Yes it will be replaced by the Q61 and the proposed the times are from 4:55AM- 11:55PM.  That is NOT Bad because in the first proposal it was from 5-10 in the morning and in the evening it was 3-8PM and that was ridiculous.  For the Q15 it will stay the same route but it will not go to 10 AV and Powells Cove Blvd.  The Q61 will go to Fort Totten.  The Q25 and Q65 will remain the same and ends at the LIRR station thank god because sometimes I need to take the LIRR in case if the 7 trains are not running to Manhattan and I need to go to Brooklyn and it really early in the morning and I don't feel safe in the area. I was worried all alone because the first proposal they want remove the stop there underneath the LIRR.

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

They took out / watered down many of the better elements of the previous plan and the B53 still survived that?!? SMH

It's amazing how they backed off the Q10/Q64 merge but still thought it wise to stick with that unholy route combination.

The only hope is that the proposal is still in there because of the Brooklyn redesign.

4 hours ago, NBTA said:

Just saw the documents. I’m already disappointed (75% of riders wanted the Q44 to go to the Bronx High School of Science).

No offense, but hell no. Make a separate route for that. The Q44 is already long and unbearable as it is, sending it to Fordham was already worse.

--------------------------------------------------

Ah ha.....a lot that I heard several months ago WERE true, ESPECIALLY the Q10/Q64 combo being axed, Q37 to JFK Airport.....should've been the Q9, but whatever.

A lot of this is no surprise to me....been hearing about a lot of these changes since August and the initial release date of this plan.

I'll provide my input later on.

8 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

No offense, but hell no. Make a separate route for that. The Q44 is already long and unbearable as it is, sending it to Fordham was already worse.

--------------------------------------------------

Ah ha.....a lot that I heard several months ago WERE true, ESPECIALLY the Q10/Q64 combo being axed, Q37 to JFK Airport.....should've been the Q9, but whatever.

A lot of this is no surprise to me....been hearing about a lot of these changes since August and the initial release date of this plan.

I'll provide my input later on.

You want to have ANOTHER Queens —> Fordham route?? Where would it even go or end??