R160 Car Assignments / NTT Programs

If this has been asked before, direct me to the respective thread.

I was wondering where we can view current R160 yard assignments, if they are available to the public that is. I know you can sort of see this information on Wikipedia, but there's really no distinction between the R160A and R160B assignments between the yards. 

Also, is there anywhere that we can see the available NTT programs, I guess this goes for both the R160 and R179; I'm honestly curious to see what sorts of wild programs are out there. I've seen the K shuttle on some R179s, and have heard that some of them even have the V program. So if anyone knows where I can find this information, of if it's even available to the public at all, I'd be very grateful for your help.

22 hours ago, Calvin said:

Current R160 assignments on page 14: https://erausa.org/pdf/bulletin/2020/2020-06-bulletin.pdf 

Exactly what I was looking for. Wish it was easier to find this information. Although I'm starting to see that is isn't accurate myself because I know for a fact that the (E) is using some R160Bs, ***and I also just read the date was 2020***

Now if only I could find the programs...

Edited by Brighton Express

2 hours ago, Brighton Express said:

Exactly what I was looking for. Wish it was easier to find this information. Although I'm starting to see that is isn't accurate myself because I know for a fact that the (E) is using some R160Bs, ***and I also just read the date was 2020***

Now if only I could find the programs...

The (E)(F) and (R) share the entire pool of R160s at Jamaica Yard. I think it’s organized for logistical purposes.

Yes the R179’s have the (V) program. Here is a video (which isn’t mine) of a R179 with the (V) program on it.

1 hour ago, R68ACTrain said:

But it is....

Actually there are some subtle changes:

(N)(W) - 80 R160B-1, 144 R46, 64 R68A (probably subject to change depending on the fate of the (F) train schedule)

(R) - 80 R160B-2, 210 R160B-1 (decreased run time on the (R) reduced service requirement to 29 trains)

(F) - 140 R160B-2, 80 R160B-1, 80 R160A-2 (only 28 trains in service due to reduced (F) schedule every 8 minutes during middays and rush hours, meaning 17 fewer (F) trains are needed)

(E) - 260 R160A-2

(G) - 12 R46, 40 R68A

(Q) - 24 R68A, 144 R46 (an additional 8 R68A for PM Rush Hours)

(B) - 60 R68A, 140 R68

*R68s and R68As can be used interchangeably.

(A) - 100 R179, 224 R46

(C) - 72 R179, 48 R46 - Reduced service every 12 minutes daily means that three fewer (C) trains are needed.

14 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

Actually there are some subtle changes:

(N)(W) - 80 R160B-1, 144 R46, 64 R68A (probably subject to change depending on the fate of the (F) train schedule)

(R) - 80 R160B-2, 210 R160B-1 (decreased run time on the (R) reduced service requirement to 29 trains)

(F) - 140 R160B-2, 80 R160B-1, 80 R160A-2 (only 28 trains in service due to reduced (F) schedule every 8 minutes during middays and rush hours, meaning 17 fewer (F) trains are needed)

(E) - 260 R160A-2

(G) - 12 R46, 40 R68A

(Q) - 24 R68A, 144 R46 (an additional 8 R68A for PM Rush Hours)

(B) - 60 R68A, 140 R68

*R68s and R68As can be used interchangeably.

(A) - 100 R179, 224 R46

(C) - 72 R179, 48 R46 - Reduced service every 12 minutes daily means that three fewer (C) trains are needed.

This is very close to Accurate; but the (E) uses whatever R160 that’s available. There’s a couple of Siemens sets roaming around on the (E) faithfully.

Edited by VIP

18 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

Pretty sure the (R) has some R160As as well, and the (E) some R160Bs

Guess Jamaica just alternates the pool like @NewFlyer 230 said

Edited by Brighton Express

23 hours ago, VIP said:

This is very close to Accurate; but the (E) uses whatever R160 that’s available. There’s a couple of Siemens sets roaming around on the (E) faithfully.

so sorry. I was being lazy and forgot to put an asterisk next to the (E)(F) and (R), stating that the R160s on these lines can either be R160A-2, R160B-Alstom (meaning R160B-1), or R160B-Siemens (R160B-2), and can be intermixed as necessary. Jamaica has done quite a few Siemens-Alstom Mixes (much more than Coney Island ever did), just making that note.

To answer the other question, the 179s have all the route options that are available on the 160s. The only difference between the two systems is that due to a coding error, the 179s all use the 8th Avenue "this is/the next stop is" recording. That K option was just a test of the audio/visual systems by Bombardier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 5:55 PM, RTOMan said:

Unless some who works down here post the programs for the B Div new tech trains..

It wont be out here...

There's a lot of em with various locations starting and ending...

The Fox alone is crazy from what i seen it can go anywhere...

The R211's use a "hybrid" version of the 160 programs from what I've heard.

The R142's/R142A's, ever since the recent M14SBS update, have deleted all of Jessica's "This Is", "The Next Stop Is" and all station announcements that weren't already recorded by Diane to make room for the new ADA announcements.

17 hours ago, BenTheMiner said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9cQ8mAmp78AtavgXt4lAu5ey7Uimp2sEKNHuoY0nQU/edit#gid=0
Here you go! I haven't found all the programs so feel free to help me by replying.

Definitely the most comprehensive list I've seen so far! There are a few missing but you've got most of them for sure. Thank you very much!

21 hours ago, BenTheMiner said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9cQ8mAmp78AtavgXt4lAu5ey7Uimp2sEKNHuoY0nQU/edit#gid=0
Here you go! I haven't found all the programs so feel free to help me by replying.

This list is amazing. I honestly never thought I would see a recent one for the subway. 

I’m actually surprised that the MTA even put some (M) and (J) codes on the R44/46’s being that they can’t operate on the lines due to size constraints. 

23 hours ago, BenTheMiner said:

Great update on the (Q) with the R46. Interesting that even if it's going local during the late night hours, it's stuck to using one code reading "via BRIGHTON, via BROADWAY" heading to 96 St/2 Av. 

No Broadway LCL or Broadway EXP readings to 96 St

Edited by Calvin

9 hours ago, Calvin said:

Great update on the (Q) with the R46. Interesting that even if it's going local during the late night hours, it's stuck to using one code reading "via BRIGHTON, via BROADWAY" heading to 96 St/2 Av. 

No Broadway LCL or Broadway EXP readings to 96 St

When the MTA reprogrammed it, they probably made this choice so they only needed to use one code for both local and express, since saying via does not specifically state if the train is local or express. If it did and there was only one code, an incorrect display would be used since the code for the other option is missing.

On 4/8/2021 at 8:05 AM, Lawrence St said:

The R211's use a "hybrid" version of the 160 programs from what I've heard.

The R142's/R142A's, ever since the recent M14SBS update, have deleted all of Jessica's "This Is", "The Next Stop Is" and all station announcements that weren't already recorded by Diane to make room for the new ADA announcements.

It most likely uses the R179 database since it is newer (with some programs like A train to 96 St and M fully spelling Central Park West Local). The R211 A train programs still say via JFK Airport like on the R179 and not JFK AirTrain like on the R160. Although there is still a chance that its own R211 database was based off of an older version of the R160 database (before the JFK AirTrain modification), though they could've manually reverted this as well (not sure why they would, but they changed it on the R160 and not the R179).

Edited by BenTheMiner